• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PatzCU said:
So I picked up Halo 3 today during my lunch break at work (still stuck here too), and as I think about it, I'm finding myself pulled more to TF2 tonight than Halo 3. TF2 has killed all my hype for every other game. :lol
Same here.

Icy

Banned
Dave Long said:
Not true! Icy jumped the gun on his post!

TF2 was more fun than Halo 3.

*GASP*

OH NO HE DIDN'T!

Don't bring the fan boys here :)

6c60yv5.jpg

saelz8

More Hadokens!

16as03q.jpg

Pyro is hilarious. He's my favorite character in the game as far as personality goes, though I don't use him all that much.

Javaman

I had a blast tonight running support. Check out these gibblets Hitokage turned my guy into. :lol You were a man on a mission against those turrets!
10fnmeb.jpg

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Javaman said:
I had a blast tonight running support. Check out these gibblets Hitokage turned my guy into. :lol You were a man on a mission against those turrets!
Hey, in the old days of TF, you took care of them yourself without help from any electrosapper. I'm getting the hang of taking on TF2 sentries, though. Even destroyed one from below in 2fort's ramp room using the old shoot and duck method, and apparently you CAN hit the gun barrels that stick out and destroy it with any other gun.

Besides, it's almost free points when an engie puts a sentry visible from far away. ;)

I'm not sure what the score is based on since I racked up over 150 points on lazytown alone, but I'm happy to be in the top 5. Not that it will last though.

Good stuff tonight guys. I'll be playing a lot more now that I finally beat Bioshock. I don't think Halo 3 is going to steal all that much time, considering I already went back to TF2 after only playing Halo 3 for an hour and a half tonight.

Angst

Linkzg said:
how can I get in on the beta if I preordered it in store at gamestop?

Just an educated guess, but as you have to activate it on steam regardless of where you bought it, the TF2 beta should be available as a download on Steam.

Edit: looks like this is the way:

If you've ordered your copy of the Orange Box from GameStop, you will receive a keycode which you plug into your Steam account for access to the beta. Once the beta has ended and you have your paws on the DVDs, simply install as normal and you'll be playing TF2 gold.

vjoe

Neo Member
Anybody know a good capturing program to take videos of the game while I play? I want to take some videos for my website.

Icy

Banned
Dave Long said:
Bad news... I'll be doing that Halo thing again tonight. This "problem" should be solved by the end of the week. :)

Just return the game, say its broke. There I just solved a couple of your problems. Wasted time on a Halo 2 HD remake, freed up time for more important things like.. TF2. And I just got you, your wasted money back for hookers and boose.

Cheeto

While rocket race was fun in Halo 3 last night, I found myself repeatly trying to rocket and grenade jump...

I think it's back to TF2 tonight.

Icy

Banned
Well I am looking at either opening a 2nd TF2 server closer to retail for us.. or opening a Modded CS: Source server. Thoughts?

Icy

Banned
Someone converted the FF (Fortress Forever) remade map into TF2 for CTF Play. it is the Well, classic. However its using all custom textures,etc. So the map is like 80mb or so. I'd like to test it on the server, how do people feel about a 80mb map download though? :lol

Screen Shot..

2002012029887516738_rs.jpg

Icy

Banned
Woo Thank you all for the donations. I"m working on a PayPal donation solution as well for you PayPal lovers.

Icy

Banned
CrookedRain said:
I'm not sure what the score is based on since I racked up over 150 points on lazytown alone, but I'm happy to be in the top 5. Not that it will last though.

You get points for kills, capturing an area, grabbing the enemy, defending the points, defending your own intel,etc.

Icy

Banned
WhatRuOn said:
What the hell??? Is the SDK out?

SDK for TF2? No.

Me and others have been going through the current maps, opening them up and archaicly by trial and error getting things to work.

CTF Areas, Default Spawn, and CP areas have been figured out.

Trying to figure out how to define an area as being respawnable (class change without death), and map timers..

Cheeto

Icy said:
SDK for TF2? No.

Me and others have been going through the current maps, opening them up and archaicly by trial and error getting things to work.

CTF Areas, Default Spawn, and CP areas have been figured out.

Trying to figure out how to define an area as being respawnable (class change without death), and map timers..
I'd love to help, is there a google.doc or something?

Dave Long

Banned
Personally, I'd like to see things stick to the included maps for awhile because I think there's still a ton to learn about how to play them, and until the proper map builder is out there, we could end up with more Lazytowns... fun, but ultimately flawed.

Cheeto

Dave Long said:
Personally, I'd like to see things stick to the included maps for awhile because I think there's still a ton to learn about how to play them, and until the proper map builder is out there, we could end up with more Lazytowns... fun, but ultimately flawed.
I'd hate to rely on a Valve-timed release of a SDK though.

if you can download it before the game 80 megs is nothing. so yes thats fine if you can download it beforehand!

i cant donate to that link need a uk version!

Lazytown is heaven for spies, was pulling my hair out after getting sliced for the nth time. The middle point especially being at the top of an incline for both teams makes it so easy for them to just skulk by unnoticed.

I was Poochie D by the way, in case anyone didn't know. Friend me if you like :)

JoeFu

Banned
Icy said:
Someone converted the FF (Fortress Forever) remade map into TF2 for CTF Play. it is the Well, classic. However its using all custom textures,etc. So the map is like 80mb or so. I'd like to test it on the server, how do people feel about a 80mb map download though? :lol

Screen Shot..

2002012029887516738_rs.jpg

How big was lazytown? That took me a while to download.

Anyways, more levels the better.

Red Blaster said:
Lazytown is heaven for spies, was pulling my hair out after getting sliced for the nth time. The middle point especially being at the top of an incline for both teams makes it so easy for them to just skulk by unnoticed.

I was Poochie D by the way, in case anyone didn't know. Friend me if you like :)
Ok cool, so you're Poochie.

"WHERE'S POOCHIE??!!!"

Joe Molotov

Icy said:

Is there any way to download it directly? Lazytown took me like 15 minutes last night to get off the server.

Icy

Banned
Joe Molotov said:
Is there any way to download it directly? Lazytown took me like 15 minutes last night to get off the server.

There's no way I am putting a 80mb map into the rotation.

I'm gonna hack it up in Hammer and replace textures with TF2 textures.. gonna take some time. But well worth it. =) :D

Zanboo

Puts the M in Member
Icy said:
There's no way I am putting a 80mb map into the rotation.

I'm gonna hack it up in Hammer and replace textures with TF2 textures.. gonna take some time. But well worth it. =) :D

Might want to get permission from the original author of the FF version before you do that. He might not be too happy ;)

Great couple of games last night. Yay I made it in the top 5! *kisses sentry gun*

I'm Teleportopotty if anyone wants to friend me. And for whoever asked the other day, no I'm not a 9 year old boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom