• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Molotov

Suburban Cowboy said:
i cant play on any servers now -_-

:(

51KEMGPKQ1L._AA240_.jpg

beta: B-O-N-A-N-Z-A!

I'm pretty sure everything will be working fine by tomorrow. or to ensure a higher probability that I am correct: I'm pretty sure everything will be working fine by launch.

JoeFu

Banned
How come there are still around 80 servers up?

Are they people who have been playing and have not gotten the update or something?

saelz8

September 26, 2007 - Current Release

Changes/Additions
Spectators can now see all player classes in the scoreboard
The affinity of the main thread is not set explicitly for dedicated servers. This will properly load balance multiple instances of the dedicated server running on a multi-processor machine. The affinity is still set to CPU 1 for clients and listen servers
Bug fixes
Fixed a crash with ATI cards running on Vista
Fixed a networking problem that could cause a crash certain types of home networking hardware with out of date firmware installed
Fixed a networking problem that could cause some animation jittering
Fixed bug causing incorrect .dem files to be written (all files after first .dem file would be corrupted)
Fixed bug with placement of teleporters that could result in players being unable to move
Removed mp_friendlyfire cvar for servers. Team Fortress 2 breaks in a number of ways if this is on
Fixed some truncated strings in the destroy menu
When a round finishes, if there's less than 5 minutes left on the timelimit, the server now goes ahead and switches level right away, instead of going into Sudden Death
Fixed crash on startup
Fixed crash caused by .dlls being loaded from the user's path, instead of from the install directory

Daigoro

Quellex said:
September 26, 2007 - Current Release

Changes/Additions
Spectators can now see all player classes in the scoreboard
The affinity of the main thread is not set explicitly for dedicated servers. This will properly load balance multiple instances of the dedicated server running on a multi-processor machine. The affinity is still set to CPU 1 for clients and listen servers
Bug fixes
Fixed a crash with ATI cards running on Vista
Fixed a networking problem that could cause a crash certain types of home networking hardware with out of date firmware installed
Fixed a networking problem that could cause some animation jittering
Fixed bug causing incorrect .dem files to be written (all files after first .dem file would be corrupted)
Fixed bug with placement of teleporters that could result in players being unable to move
Removed mp_friendlyfire cvar for servers. Team Fortress 2 breaks in a number of ways if this is on
Fixed some truncated strings in the destroy menu
When a round finishes, if there's less than 5 minutes left on the timelimit, the server now goes ahead and switches level right away, instead of going into Sudden Death
Fixed crash on startup
Fixed crash caused by .dlls being loaded from the user's path, instead of from the install directory

some interesting stuff here.

now we can see what classes the other team is using huh? unexpected.

also, FF off 4 life confirned.

lexi

Banned
Daigoro said:
some interesting stuff here.

now we can see what classes the other team is using huh? unexpected.

also, FF off 4 life confirned.

Only spectators. People in opposing teams won't be able to see classes.

The command for FF being disabled is a welcome addition, FF doesn't belong in TF, and I hated discovering after playing on a server for a bit that FF was enabled.

Javaman

lockii said:
Only spectators. People in opposing teams won't be able to see classes.

The command for FF being disabled is a welcome addition, FF doesn't belong in TF, and I hated discovering after playing on a server for a bit that FF was enabled.

Especially since spy detection is more difficult now without the visible blood.

Daigoro

ah, i misread that part about spectators only, thanks.

so wait, spys dont bleed when you shoot them? thought they did ...im confused.

i need more practice. lets play Gaf!

Daigoro

i just added a whole crapload of you guys to my friends list. (some quick responses too. thanks guys!)

im sure im missing some names that i just dont recognize. ill figure that one out soon.

coldvein said:
quick question: is there any offline co-op involved in any of the games included in this lovely package?

hm. dont think so. its all pc port stuff, so its mostly made for online multi, or offline singleplayer i think.

Icy

Banned
Well I got a support ticket in. the HLDSUpdater is saying the server is the latest, however everyone's clients specify else.

MrNibbles

Banned
WHAT IS HAPPENING

I take a nap
and it's GONE.

Also - am I the only one who still can't alt-tab?
A previous update said it was fixed, but not for me.

lexi

Banned
MrNibbles said:
WHAT IS HAPPENING

I take a nap
and it's GONE.

Also - am I the only one who still can't alt-tab?
A previous update said it was fixed, but not for me.

I can alt-tab Out fine, very quick. Takes a good minute or so to alt-tab back in.

I'm confused by the wording...

does this mean we are forced to have friendly fire set so that we CAN hurt team mates, or so that we CANNOT hurt them?

(I will leave this post carefully neutral despite having strong feelings on the matter)

Icy

Banned
You cannot hurt/maim your team mates now. It is no longer a server admin choice. Its a permament setting now.

Icy

Banned
lockii said:
Icy you've only got 111 posts... Are all of your posts in this thread? :lol

Probably I don't postmuch if ever. Just since I decided to run a server for NeoGaf.. This became my active thread.

Rlan

Icy has 62 posts in this thread :)

ggnoobIGN and Teknopathic have more posts though:

ggnoobIGN 68
Teknopathetic 67
Icy 62
Zanboo 60
Quellex 47
lockii 42
pxleyes 38
1-D_FTW 38
Zaraki_Kenpachi 34