• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rollingstart

Banned
Dec 12, 2006
38,760
4
0
eviloreisarapist
Angst said:
Just an educated guess, but as you have to activate it on steam regardless of where you bought it, the TF2 beta should be available as a download on Steam.

Edit: looks like this is the way:

I guess im going back to gamestop today, they didnt give me code when I asked yesterday, I have to beat it out of them now.
 

Icy

Banned
Jun 19, 2004
1,717
0
0
40
Richmond, VA
Linkzg said:
I guess im going back to gamestop today, they didnt give me code when I asked yesterday, I have to beat it out of them now.

If you get issues ask for the DM's or Area Supervisor's Phone # and call the corp. office.
 

Daigoro

Member
Nov 7, 2004
11,329
0
0
i got stuck at work last night and didnt make it home until late.

ill be around tonight hopefully, or is tonight supposed to be a different Steam game night? *gasp*
 

Cryect

Member
May 16, 2007
414
0
0
nakedsushi said:
I'm Teleportopotty if anyone wants to friend me. And for whoever asked the other day, no I'm not a 9 year old boy.

Heh, that was kinda funny I thought when they asked. Though its not horrible considering a person I knew back in WoW long time ago everyone assumed he was a girl by his voice even though he was like 18 (though that was only on Teamspeak since on Vent he actually sounded like a guy).
 

Daigoro

Member
Nov 7, 2004
11,329
0
0
i just checked my TF2 stats for the first time in several days and found out that everything was reset except for showing that ive played 10 hrs of TF2 this week, all zeroed out.

not a big deal especially since this is the Beta, really.

also, im going to try to add a bunch of you Gaffers in the next few days so i can try to get that friends list achievement. so Heads Up!
 

Javaman

Member
Jan 20, 2005
10,030
0
1,445
SC
Daigoro said:
i just checked my TF2 stats for the first time in several days and found out that everything was reset except for showing that ive played 10 hrs of TF2 this week, all zeroed out.

not a big deal especially since this is the Beta, really.

also, im going to try to add a bunch of you Gaffers in the next few days so i can try to get that friends list achievement. so Heads Up!

Mine seem to still be tracking properly, but as much as I've been playing lately I wouldn't know really. My Steamy name is Javaman.
 

Daigoro

Member
Nov 7, 2004
11,329
0
0
Javaman said:
Mine seem to still be tracking properly, but as much as I've been playing lately I wouldn't know really. My Steamy name is Javaman.

yeah, we've exchanged frags several times if i remeber correctly (i recognize your name for sure). ill try to add you in the next day or so, thanks.


as for my Steam stats, i logged on through IE instead of through Steam because im at work, so its possible that they are still kicking around somewhere. eh, either way. im sure it sill work itself out in the next week or so.
 
Aug 30, 2007
28,293
0
0
Ca
is team fortress 2 selling on a separate sku for the xbox 360? i was lead to believe it was. i read somewhere here it was around $30 by itself. i preoredered the orange box at gamestop and they told me they only sell the orange box and not TF2 separately.
 

saelz8

Member
Feb 28, 2005
9,816
1
1,575
Austin, TX
nakedsushi said:
I'm going back and forth with a user name but I need to pick one to stick with. My favorite class is engineer. Which name sounds better:

Teleportopotty
Dysentery Sentry
How about..

NakedSushi?
 

Daigoro

Member
Nov 7, 2004
11,329
0
0
nakedsushi said:
I'm going back and forth with a user name but I need to pick one to stick with. My favorite class is engineer. Which name sounds better:

Teleportopotty
Dysentery Sentry

i think Teleportopotty is clever, but Naked Sushi would be just fine.

viakado said:
is team fortress 2 selling on a separate sku for the xbox 360? i was lead to believe it was. i read somewhere here it was around $30 by itself. i preoredered the orange box at gamestop and they told me they only sell the orange box and not TF2 separately.

nope. TF2 seperate is PC only im pretty sure. but if you pre order i the whole package is $5 off. well worth it with all of the content in the Orange Box.
 

saelz8

Member
Feb 28, 2005
9,816
1
1,575
Austin, TX
Some details from HL2 world.

TF2's intergrated filmmaker. You can't really activate it now, but it's inside of the GCF. There's a publish to Steam token as well, which suggests some new Steam community features. Publishing Machinima directly to Steam for other community members to watch is a strong possibility. I imagine it will work with other Source games as well.

This also reminded of the Steam Review find that Valve registered Steammovies.com, last May. Connect the dots.

Source filmmaker (Film editor that doesn't require Hammer)

It's probably what Valve used to make the TF2 shorts, so you can imagine the extent of control people are going to have over their Machinima or game movies. It's likely to come with the SDK, though it's not gauranteed immediately. It exists, and that's certain.
 

Metalmurphy

Member
Jan 17, 2007
32,670
1
0
Portugal
steamcommunity.com
Quellex said:
Some details from HL2 world.

TF2's intergrated filmmaker. You can't really activate it now, but it's inside of the GCF. There's a publish to Steam token as well, which suggests some new Steam community features. Publishing Machinima directly to Steam for other community members to watch is a strong possibility. I imagine it will work with other Source games as well.

This also reminded of the Steam Review find that Valve registered Steammovies.com, last May. Connect the dots.

Source filmmaker (Film editor that doesn't require Hammer)
http://i23.tinypic.com/15d8j81.jpg[/IMG]
It's probably what Valve used to make the TF2 shorts, so you can imagine the extent of control people are going to have over their Machinima or game movies. It's likely to come with the SDK, though it's not gauranteed immediately. It exists, and that's certain.

WOW :eek: I can't believe how detailed that tool is. Tons of useful options.
 

Flambe

Member
Apr 24, 2006
2,463
0
0
39
*sigh* You buggers.. Orange box purchased, TF2 downloading =P 28% and slowly going up at 60kb/s.

Gotta go to work in 2 hours too, bloody hell
 

Joe Molotov

Member
Nov 25, 2005
16,079
1
1,500
Quellex said:
Some details from HL2 world.

TF2's intergrated filmmaker. You can't really activate it now, but it's inside of the GCF. There's a publish to Steam token as well, which suggests some new Steam community features. Publishing Machinima directly to Steam for other community members to watch is a strong possibility. I imagine it will work with other Source games as well.

This also reminded of the Steam Review find that Valve registered Steammovies.com, last May. Connect the dots.

Source filmmaker (Film editor that doesn't require Hammer)
It's probably what Valve used to make the TF2 shorts, so you can imagine the extent of control people are going to have over their Machinima or game movies. It's likely to come with the SDK, though it's not gauranteed immediately. It exists, and that's certain.

EA's publishing the console version, right? This will be a $5 DLC on the PS3/360. :lol
 

Icy

Banned
Jun 19, 2004
1,717
0
0
40
Richmond, VA
Joe Molotov said:
EA's publishing the console version, right? This will be a $5 DLC on the PS3/360. :lol


highly Doubt it. This is an extension/part of Steam itself for their steam community. Of which to my knowledge the PS3 and Xbox 360 are not a part of. Nor do I see them converting anything beyond the core product over to the consoles.
 

Dave Long

Banned
Jun 8, 2004
6,242
0
0
49
Reading, PA
davelong.wordpress.com
nakedsushi said:
I'm going back and forth with a user name but I need to pick one to stick with. My favorite class is engineer. Which name sounds better:

Teleportopotty
Dysentery Sentry
I'd say nakedsushi only so I don't have to remember in my head that you're a nine year old girl playing as Teleportopotty who really goes by the moniker of nakedsushi on GAF.
 

Icy

Banned
Jun 19, 2004
1,717
0
0
40
Richmond, VA
Dave Long said:
I'd say nakedsushi only so I don't have to remember in my head that you're a nine year old girl playing as Teleportopotty who really goes by the moniker of nakedsushi on GAF.

jailbait works too.
 

Flambe

Member
Apr 24, 2006
2,463
0
0
39
Dave Long said:
We'll be here when you get to play it. Tomorrow, next week, a year from now... this is awesome stuff worth owning.

Hehe yeah, play/played all the battlefields way too long =P This sounds just as fun
 

Evlar

Banned
Dec 22, 2006
14,386
1
0
Looks like Sudden Death was eliminated, or at least it won't occur as often.
When a round finishes, if there's less than 5 minutes left on the timelimit, the server now goes ahead and switches level right away, instead of going into Sudden Death
 
Status
Not open for further replies.