• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 Official PC Thread. SO. WORTH. IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Angst said:
Just an educated guess, but as you have to activate it on steam regardless of where you bought it, the TF2 beta should be available as a download on Steam.

Edit: looks like this is the way:

I guess im going back to gamestop today, they didnt give me code when I asked yesterday, I have to beat it out of them now.

Icy

Banned
Linkzg said:
I guess im going back to gamestop today, they didnt give me code when I asked yesterday, I have to beat it out of them now.

If you get issues ask for the DM's or Area Supervisor's Phone # and call the corp. office.

Dave Long

Banned
nakedsushi said:
Great couple of games last night. Yay I made it in the top 5! *kisses sentry gun*

I'm Teleportopotty if anyone wants to friend me. And for whoever asked the other day, no I'm not a 9 year old boy.
She's a nine year old girl!

Daigoro

i got stuck at work last night and didnt make it home until late.

ill be around tonight hopefully, or is tonight supposed to be a different Steam game night? *gasp*

Cryect

nakedsushi said:
I'm Teleportopotty if anyone wants to friend me. And for whoever asked the other day, no I'm not a 9 year old boy.

Heh, that was kinda funny I thought when they asked. Though its not horrible considering a person I knew back in WoW long time ago everyone assumed he was a girl by his voice even though he was like 18 (though that was only on Teamspeak since on Vent he actually sounded like a guy).

Daigoro

i just checked my TF2 stats for the first time in several days and found out that everything was reset except for showing that ive played 10 hrs of TF2 this week, all zeroed out.

not a big deal especially since this is the Beta, really.

also, im going to try to add a bunch of you Gaffers in the next few days so i can try to get that friends list achievement. so Heads Up!

Javaman

Daigoro said:
i just checked my TF2 stats for the first time in several days and found out that everything was reset except for showing that ive played 10 hrs of TF2 this week, all zeroed out.

not a big deal especially since this is the Beta, really.

also, im going to try to add a bunch of you Gaffers in the next few days so i can try to get that friends list achievement. so Heads Up!

Mine seem to still be tracking properly, but as much as I've been playing lately I wouldn't know really. My Steamy name is Javaman.

Daigoro

Javaman said:
Mine seem to still be tracking properly, but as much as I've been playing lately I wouldn't know really. My Steamy name is Javaman.

yeah, we've exchanged frags several times if i remeber correctly (i recognize your name for sure). ill try to add you in the next day or so, thanks.

as for my Steam stats, i logged on through IE instead of through Steam because im at work, so its possible that they are still kicking around somewhere. eh, either way. im sure it sill work itself out in the next week or so.

I'm going back and forth with a user name but I need to pick one to stick with. My favorite class is engineer. Which name sounds better:

Teleportopotty
Dysentery Sentry

is team fortress 2 selling on a separate sku for the xbox 360? i was lead to believe it was. i read somewhere here it was around $30 by itself. i preoredered the orange box at gamestop and they told me they only sell the orange box and not TF2 separately.

saelz8

nakedsushi said:
I'm going back and forth with a user name but I need to pick one to stick with. My favorite class is engineer. Which name sounds better:

Teleportopotty
Dysentery Sentry
How about..

NakedSushi?

Daigoro

nakedsushi said:

Teleportopotty
Dysentery Sentry

i think Teleportopotty is clever, but Naked Sushi would be just fine.

viakado said:
is team fortress 2 selling on a separate sku for the xbox 360? i was lead to believe it was. i read somewhere here it was around $30 by itself. i preoredered the orange box at gamestop and they told me they only sell the orange box and not TF2 separately.

nope. TF2 seperate is PC only im pretty sure. but if you pre order i the whole package is $5 off. well worth it with all of the content in the Orange Box.

saelz8

Some details from HL2 world.

TF2's intergrated filmmaker. You can't really activate it now, but it's inside of the GCF. There's a publish to Steam token as well, which suggests some new Steam community features. Publishing Machinima directly to Steam for other community members to watch is a strong possibility. I imagine it will work with other Source games as well.

This also reminded of the Steam Review find that Valve registered Steammovies.com, last May. Connect the dots.

Source filmmaker (Film editor that doesn't require Hammer)
15d8j81.jpg

It's probably what Valve used to make the TF2 shorts, so you can imagine the extent of control people are going to have over their Machinima or game movies. It's likely to come with the SDK, though it's not gauranteed immediately. It exists, and that's certain.

Quellex said:

TF2's intergrated filmmaker. You can't really activate it now, but it's inside of the GCF. There's a publish to Steam token as well, which suggests some new Steam community features. Publishing Machinima directly to Steam for other community members to watch is a strong possibility. I imagine it will work with other Source games as well.

This also reminded of the Steam Review find that Valve registered Steammovies.com, last May. Connect the dots.

http://i23.tinypic.com/15d8j81.jpg[/IMG]
It's probably what Valve used to make the TF2 shorts, so you can imagine the extent of control people are going to have over their Machinima or game movies. It's likely to come with the SDK, though it's not gauranteed immediately. It exists, and that's certain.

WOW :eek: I can't believe how detailed that tool is. Tons of useful options.

Flambe

*sigh* You buggers.. Orange box purchased, TF2 downloading =P 28% and slowly going up at 60kb/s.

Gotta go to work in 2 hours too, bloody hell

Icy

Banned
Yeah that's to be apart of that Media Tab they added. Its going to be some fun times with that thing. :lol :lol :lol :lol

Joe Molotov

Quellex said:

EA's publishing the console version, right? This will be a $5 DLC on the PS3/360. :lol

Icy

Banned
Joe Molotov said:
EA's publishing the console version, right? This will be a $5 DLC on the PS3/360. :lol

highly Doubt it. This is an extension/part of Steam itself for their steam community. Of which to my knowledge the PS3 and Xbox 360 are not a part of. Nor do I see them converting anything beyond the core product over to the consoles.

Dave Long

Banned
Flambe said:
*sigh* You buggers.. Orange box purchased, TF2 downloading =P 28% and slowly going up at 60kb/s.

Gotta go to work in 2 hours too, bloody hell
We'll be here when you get to play it. Tomorrow, next week, a year from now... this is awesome stuff worth owning.

Dave Long

Banned
nakedsushi said:

Teleportopotty
Dysentery Sentry
I'd say nakedsushi only so I don't have to remember in my head that you're a nine year old girl playing as Teleportopotty who really goes by the moniker of nakedsushi on GAF.

Icy

Banned
Dave Long said:
I'd say nakedsushi only so I don't have to remember in my head that you're a nine year old girl playing as Teleportopotty who really goes by the moniker of nakedsushi on GAF.

jailbait works too.

MutFox

Banned
Hey Icy, at the next scheduled GAF event can you put the password on?
Also the server needs a redirect if possible. :p
Took almost an hour to join and download map last night. :p

Dave Long said:

Nakedsushi it is then. Jailbait, LOL. I'm a few years too old for that one.

Flambe

Dave Long said:
We'll be here when you get to play it. Tomorrow, next week, a year from now... this is awesome stuff worth owning.

Hehe yeah, play/played all the battlefields way too long =P This sounds just as fun

Evlar

Banned
Looks like Sudden Death was eliminated, or at least it won't occur as often.
When a round finishes, if there's less than 5 minutes left on the timelimit, the server now goes ahead and switches level right away, instead of going into Sudden Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom