• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT2| Free 2 Play Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

REPLAY TIME:
Demo Knight army takes down Pangloss
I get two stabs at insta-killing bacon.

I tried to get a replay of the time I killed Pangloss when he was eating a sandvich, but I guess I saved it too late or too early. Also Artemis had a hilarious taunt kill on Zomba at the beginning of Sekmet, but I get a weird error when I try to open the replay and TF2 crashes. Oh well.

And meet Easton, the floating Heavy:

3C5775B6C633EA15AC615B620325699A7F521AFB

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
My poor Heavy trying to get into that pic.

Proven

That Dark Deity mask reminds me way too much of Code Geass.

Also, it seems whenever I announce I'll play TF2 or some other game on any night, something comes up and I'm in the city until late. Like tonight.

Forkball said:
REPLAY TIME:
Demo Knight army takes down Pangloss
I get two stabs at insta-killing bacon.

I tried to get a replay of the time I killed Pangloss when he was eating a sandvich, but I guess I saved it too late or too early. Also Artemis had a hilarious taunt kill on Zomba at the beginning of Sekmet, but I get a weird error when I try to open the replay and TF2 crashes. Oh well.

And meet Easton, the floating Heavy:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/540649800520483014/3C5775B6C633EA15AC615B620325699A7F521AFB/
Had fun on that round of nucleus. Red had to go with three heavies to compete against the awesome sniping of Borsalino and Artemis. Also caught Meta out in the open a lot which helped. I saw him hiding in the dark as a crouched scout. Blew me away that he was right there.

Getting a weird error that exits TF2 when I try to load a replay from tonight:

GSszp.png

All the more reason to hate Demoknights!

Trying to view the one where Clydefrog and I kill each other lol.

Forkball

Grimm Fandango said:
Getting a weird error that exits TF2 when I try to load a replay from tonight:

GSszp.png

All the more reason to hate Demoknights!

Trying to view the one where Clydefrog and I kill each other lol.
I got that error, but it said Soda Popper instead. My replay was also about Clydefrog. HE IS BREAKING TF2 SOMEHOW.

Acerac

Banned
I'm so happy my spy's knife is no longer fact melting. It really didn't seem like an appropriate title for a knife.

Bakphoon

What is wrong with the item drops this week?
I have 6 hours of playtime on my second accound and all I got was a holy mackarel >:/

TGMIII

So I'm thinking about doing the following. Sell my soldier's stash /w hearts for 5/6 buds and then use the buds to get keys and take a chance. WHO'S WITH ME?

TGMIII

But think of the possibilities! I'm not interested in money for the hats, it's all just a bit of fun to me, I could just sit on the hat or I could get those keys and roll the dice. It's like las vegas only you don't lose your home. It's just a thought anyway, if I get a good enough offer I may take it up or I may not.

Zomba13

Juancho9 said:
I'm being offered a pair of buds and a white bills hat for my unusual green confetti defiant spartant, is that a worthwhile trade?
I think 1.5 buds is way too low for it. The Spartan is a pretty well liked hat and one of the few where fetti makes sense and is pretty awesome (kinda themed). Like the fetti is falling from the brush (paint it green). I'd hold on to it for a bit.
Maybe put it up on tf2tp (if not already) and just ask for offers.

Clydefrog said:
Zomba is so lucky my spawn taunt-kill didn't download :(
You got lucky with it anyway. I forgot that it's the pull out that kills, not the push in so I thought I was safe to flame+mail you.

At least my hadouken kills replay saved. I was hadoken by one of the snipers a good 5ish times and there were even blus and stuff fighting around me.

Chinner said:
i wouldn't do it.
http://cratesim.appspot.com/

turn that virtual hat into real money bro.
10 keys on the Scout crate and I got a Vivid Plasma Detective Noir. If only it was real :(

I got a question, since i just was checking the game yesterday.

Are there official servers for this game? There are a fuck ton of them, don't know what to chose. I don't like when it starts downloading a million tiny files.

Any link where it explains the game basics?

Refreshment.01 said:

Are there official servers for this game? There are a fuck ton of them, don't know what to chose. I don't like when it starts downloading a million tiny files.

You can go into options/multiplayer and where it says download all custom files change it to download no custom files

http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Main_Page everything you need to know about tf2 is here

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
It's a shame you need to get Quake 4, costs more on Steam than I paid like 5 years ago.

DarkKyo

Weenerz said:
So the Quake rocket launcher is amazing, I now love the soldier.
I became a soldier player when they added the cow mangler. The new rocket launcher looks cool but I'm not about to drop money on quake(just dropped a big bunch of money on skyrim and brink).

Weenerz

Banned
Dechaios said:
I became a soldier player when they added the cow mangler. The new rocket launcher looks cool but I'm not about to drop money on quake(just dropped a big bunch of money on skyrim and brink[b/]).

Sorry to hear that.

Yeef

Bakphoon said:
What is wrong with the item drops this week?
I have 6 hours of playtime on my second accound and all I got was a holy mackarel >:/
The drop schema updated late yesterday morning, so if you were idling during that time you wouldn't get any drops. Disconnecting and rejoining/restarting a server will fix it.

I got two hat drops on my idler last night, but they're both awful hats (dead cone and carousers capotain). I'll probably craft them together to get another hat.

Refreshment.01 said:

If you're new to the game when you press "play now" it will more than likely connect you to an official server. If you want to connect to an official server for sure, just click "Browse Servers" then in the filter options put [include] valve. It'll show you a list of all of Valve's official servers. Then just connect to the one that you like best.

Of course, the best thing you can do is play on the GAF server. We generally play from about 8~9ish PM eastern time until 2~3ish. There's also a European GAF server as well.

NA GAF Server: tf2.langui.sh:27016
EU GAF SERVER: 85.236.101.20:30615

Yeef

Yeef said:
I got two hat drops on my idler last night, but they're both awful hats (dead cone and carousers capotain). I'll probably craft them together to get another hat.
Crafted them together and got mutton chops.

Seam

Banned
ZealousD said:
Actually snipers can self heal too. They can pickup med kits!

Yeah its a bit of a bad statement, he should say every class has the ability to self heal. You have to think how much its actually worth to use those self heal weapons, I rather use the bomb thingy for my demo.

Yeef

Grimm Fandango said:
Hey you knocking on the pot?!
Nope. I love the pot. it is probably still my favorite soldier hat, but Borgnine used to be THE guy who wore the pot, then i started wearing it too and he got all huffy about it.

[EDIT] Since we'll need an OT 3 in 7 posts or so I'm going to quickly take a shower and then whip up a new OP.

Yeef said:
Nope. I love the pot. it is probably still my favorite soldier hat, but Borgnine used to be THE guy who wore the pot, then i started wearing it too and he got all huffy about it.

I got mine from a friend not long after the pot's creation and have been wearing it ever since.

I might consider changing it but my other options are the Brain Bucket and the Spiral Sallet...

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
What's all this about pot and huffing?

I finally got the 1000 youtube view achievement so I rocked the camera hat last night, but it's ugly. I think I might be armored authority guy instead of pot guy, it goes more with my whipping people every fucking second.

Borgnine said:
What's all this about pot and huffing?

I finally got the 1000 youtube view achievement so I rocked the camera hat last night, but it's ugly. I think I might be armored authority guy instead of pot guy, it goes more with my whipping people every fucking second.
I think the Drill Sergeant's hat works better for that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom