• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was the first M rated game you've ever played?

//DEVIL//

I think it was In the arcade where you have to clear 70% of an image so you get to see the image of a girl nude . And there were these bugs that try to break your lines and kill u lol

ShadowLag

Scared the shit out of me when I was 7, but also fascinated me just as much. After playing it once on the Genesis at my cousin's house, I was hooked and obsessed over everything MK for the rest of my life. MK2 has a special feel to it that hasn't been replicated to this day by any of its sequels.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
No idea. Maybe MK1 as was the first to be controversial among parents here.

That was MA-13 though when it released on consoles back in 94, basically the PG13 equivalent even though you were ripping off heads. The MA-17 jaunts were the infamous Night Trap and Lethal Enforcers.

For me it had to have been Duke 3D. I remember having to turn the volume down whenever my mom was around. She probably wouldve had a coronary if she saw me handing dollar bills to pixelated strippers with their titties out.

Bond007

Mortal Kombat 1 and Doom, Shaq Fu shortly after.

MK1 i borrowed from a friend behind my parents back. Doom was a rental - didnt like it.
Shaq Fu they had no idea and bought me that not really knowing of the MA-13 rating.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Was Mortal Kombat M rated? I know it was very controversial at the time along with another game in the arcade...can't remember the name..."Time Killers" comes to mind not sure if that's right. They had both at a local pizza shop I'd frequent in the neighborhood.

EDIT: Yep. Definitely played Mortal Kombat first, but yea who remembers Time Killers?

Last edited:
rAKt42U.jpg

IAmRei

I think my first is MK on sega megadrive. I can only recall rockman 4, contra, and mario as my first. Back then in my place, video games only spread by person to person. We dont even have magazine. And MK was quite popular enough back then.

Tarkus

I got Lethal Enforcers on genesis for Christmas in 1993 and it was the first game with a rating that I remember. It was MA17 and I thought I was cool as fuck for tricking my parents into buying it for a 10 year old. Came with a gun peripheral too.

God of War (2005). I may have 13 of 14 by the time I played it, but man, I was too young for it.

Still one of my favorite ongoing franchises.

Top Bottom