• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was the first M rated game you've ever played?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
EDMIX
whats-so-funny-john.gif

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
MK2. It ruined my mind and I’ve never been right ever since. Congress was right.

AzekZero

Neo Member
The earliest two I can remember is Company of Heroes [Windows XP, 2006] and COD4: Modern Warfare [Xbox 360, 2007.]

Last edited:

baphomet

I don't know, what was the first ESRB MA rated game? I was playing plenty of them before they had a ratings system, and then more when the VRC started rating games.

Killjoy-NL

Whose In My Mouth. It's where you get a bunch of friends together, turn off the lights, and then... oh. You meant video games. This is awkward...

Probably Doom or Mortal Kombat but I'm not sure what games would have been M rated back then
Wasn't Mortal Kombat the first. I believe MK1 was the very reason the rating-system was implemented.

R6Rider

Gold Member
GTA III and I still don't understand how I convinced my mom.

I was originally thinking it was Duke Nukem: Time to Kill, but only just realized it had a T rating instead.

Last edited:

ahtlas7

Puss 'n Boots: Pero's Great Adventure snes, less mature than the title led me to believe.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Probably the original GTA when I was like 7. Rated M has come a long way, from this...

gta.JPG

... to this.

d9d25bfb8804e9d5-600x338.jpg

Kadve

Diablo_II_Coverart.png

Still trying to figure out how i convinced my dad to pirate it for me. Was like 10.

Also got this on a demo disc back in the day. Should honestly been rated M in my mind. Had nightmare about being eaten alive for weeks....

81Vj-MDjqKL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Last edited:

acidagfc

Either Doom on a school PC or UMK3 on my own Genesis, not sure which one was first.
No one cared about age ratings back then, since all games were pirated.

Sintoid

There was no "M" rate at that time, I played "Chiller" from Exidy in some arcade, it was 1986 and I was 13

It was a lot of fun

d00msday

Neo Member
Probably Wolfenstein or Mortal Kombat.

The first one that I remember being an '18' rating where I live was Kingpin:Life of Crime

Varteras

Gold Member
Wasn't Mortal Kombat the first. I believe MK1 was the very reason the rating-system was implemented.

Mortal Kombat is certainly the game that got popular enough to have its depictions cause a stir on a large scale. But there were probably other games back then that would have warranted an M rating. Like Custer's Revenge. Which probably would have received an even more strict rating. You were basically a cowboy with a boner, dodging arrows in order to rape a naked Native American woman tied to a pole. The game came out in 1982. About a decade before Mortal Kombat.

164850.jpg

zokie

Resident Evil 6 - if that lady boss has actual nipples and the other female nudity has nipples
i fear it would be rated AO

Hohenheim

Wolfenstein 3D on my friends older Brother's PC. Mind blowing.

Also seeing the original Mortal Kombat arcade in a diner place where I grew up, and feeling my hands shaking when it was finally my turn.
I couldn't believe those insane, lifelike graphics! And all that blood!
Good, good memories

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
I think Leisure Suit Larry on PC but I also had some Strip Poker and weird MSX games. Not sure about the chronology of it all, must have been around 1987 - 1988.

Tarnpanzer

Either Doom on SNES(@older Cousin 1), or Doom on PC(@older Cousin 2).

Or maybe Mortal Kombat 1 on SNES(which my father bought). But this was heavily censored in Germany, but still somewhat brutal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom