• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Ninja developing PS4 title

I wouldn't be surprised when they pull that "sigma" stuff again. So basically timed exclusive
That would only happen if Sony were to buy timed exclusivity, because sales of late ports are lower than the sales of simultaneous releases that share the initial advertising push. Do you really think Sony would pay for a Team Ninja timed exclusive?

Espada

Man, I'm really hoping this is either a really souped up port of DOA5 or DOA6 to be released in within the next 2 years. 5 was fun as hell, and the jump from dolls to more realistic looks was a godsend. Very pretty, very fun fighting game.

Robot Pants

Ninja Gaiden reboot I hope with tight gameplay like I and II, forget III and Other M happened then create a perfect Ninja game.

Get rid of the outdated trash resolution ocean to mountain Team Ninja opening scene.

Borrow ideas from Bayonetta I/II, DMC 3/4, and NG I/II to make the perfect action game.
This will never happen with Hayashi.

Kinyou

That would only happen if Sony were to buy timed exclusivity, because sales of late ports are lower than the sales of simultaneous releases that share the initial advertising push. Do you really think Sony would pay for a Team Ninja timed exclusive?
Hm I guess that's true. I just figured that the PS4 might be more attractive at the moment because of the install base, but developing a xb1 version as well probably wont push the budget much.

TreIII

I'm betting on Ni-Oh. It's the one game that Koei-Tecmo slated to have as a PS3 exclusive, and then it was given over to Team Ninja during one of the last updates we had on the game two years or so ago.

Moving it over to PS4 at this point makes the most sense.

kick51

Banned
I don't know who will post the OT for the next Team Ninja game or the one after that, but the next one after will be posted by Ice cream

klee123

Not surprised here.

Seemed that once Itagaki was gone, their games seem to be more PS focused despite being multiplatform.

klee123

I'm surprised Team Ninja isn't going Xbox exclusive from the start.

Outside of DOA, I don't really care...

I think the Xbox exclusivity was always an Itagaki thing. Once Itagaki left, their games went completely multiplatform.

Well, with the exception of games published by another company like Metroid Other M.

To me Team Ninja has lost very little with the departure of Itagaki. Despite determined hatred for it, they did a heroic job fixing NG3 as much as feasible with the RE version. They know what they fucked up there. I want to see what they do for Ninja Gaiden 4.

And DOA5 is a straight up great game.

They didn't fix the four biggest issues with it.

- Health and resource management. No "Meditation" wasn't a fix. The fundemental problem was not that you couldn't regain health, it was that if you took too many hits, your health bar was too short to continue. With so many waves of enemies, many who took ages to kill, you was bound to be worn down to death, even if you managed to self heal a few times. To beat razors edge, you basically to do a no hurt run which limited playstyles.

-Endless waves of enemies. This didn't make the game harder, just more frustrating. The encounters were repetitive and because the boneheaded approach to health, meant you had to rely on the same moves over and over again to pass. Every level was essentially a horde mode.

- Enemies that didn't react to blows and could throw while being comboed.

Cheap design and totally the opposite of what previous NGs had been about, at least outside of a few boss fights. It made encounters cheap and frustrating for no reason.

- THEY DIDNT DROP THAT DAMN DINOSAUR FIGHT!!

Easily the shittiest boss fight in any action game ever, made worse because the thing had a ridiculous amount of health and could kill you in three blows. NG3 lowest point and the point I have repeatedly quit the game in disgust.

Hayashit is a hack. Unless I hear glowing praise for a new NG its bargin bin status. Every single NG title hehas touched has come out worse off from the experience.

Shin-Ra

They also developed Toukiden... Toukiden PS4
Omega Force.

it'll be a travesty to not put that touch pad to good use
cSV9U.gif

I'm surprised Team Ninja isn't going Xbox exclusive from the start.

Outside of DOA, I don't really care...
Accessible, most powerful is what made Xbox attractive to TI/TN, no?

Silky

Banned
Ninja Gaiden 1 Omega which will be full HD port of NG Sigma....

But I don't want to play a horribly gimped game. How hard is it, to make NG: Black HD at 1080p/60FPS. Updated textures and cutscenes, and leave EVERYTHING ELSE the fuck alone.

that's what sigma was supposed to be...

kick51

Banned
But I don't want to play a horribly gimped game. How hard is it, to make NG: Black HD at 1080p/60FPS. Updated textures and cutscenes, and leave EVERYTHING ELSE the fuck alone.

that's what sigma was supposed to be...

there's still a huge hole in the ground from my jaw dropping wherever I was the first time I saw a loading time for a chest

Skilletor

And the destroyed Ninja Gaiden when they had a solid base for an awesome game. t's time for a new IP.

I really don't care about NG at this point. I can accept that the series will never be what it was. Itagaki didn't manage to top black, and that's just about infinitely replayable, and if I want to slum a bit, NG2 is also good. I've also got Bayonetta 2 on the horizon with MGR PC and W101.

DoA is the best thing Nu-Team Ninja has done, and I'd rather they work on that. They can work on a new IP after I get a next-gen DoA.

Silky

Banned
Me too. I think Team Ninja learned a lesson from NG3. DOA5 is good.

Hayashi had four games to learn a 'lesson' from NG and how to make NG. His solution is letting Spark fucking Unlimited attempt a NG game.

Hayashi hasn't learned shit about NG

--

I only want DOAX3 if they actually ad more minigames instead of focusing on the boobies. Seriously, expand on the Jet Ski stuff.

Squire

Banned
Anyway,

It's way too soon for DOA6, so my guess is they're either porting DOA5U to PS4 or they're doing XBV3.

bon

Hayashi had four games to learn a 'lesson' from NG and how to make NG. His solution is letting Spark fucking Unlimited attempt a NG game.

Hayashi hasn't learned shit about NG
I think they were at least starting to get on the right track with Razor's Edge, but it was gimped because the base game wasn't very good.

I forgot Yaiba exists.

Ninja Dom

Nintendo had Razors Edge as a timed exclusive. Then Razors Edge went to PS3 & 360. I wonder how the sales of Razors Edge were.

My guess for the new PS4 game is obviously Ninja Gaiden 4. The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
And DOA5's are already damn fine. Damn fine.

They just need to reuse the DOA5 character models (which are some of the best the industry has to offer amongst the fighters), jack the resolution up to 1080p+ 60 FPS and apply tonnes of AA.

Imagine if they did a DOA XBV/Paradise game with DOA5's character models for next(this) gen.

Instant graphical bliss. I'm still bloody amazed at what they managed pull off on the 360/PS3 for DOA5, it's beautiful.

with support for the Sony VR headset..

Top Bottom