• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6 no longer Ps3 exclusive, coming to 360 Fall 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
bumpkin said:
Odds are it will be just like SC4; both versions will be damn near identical. This whole bit about CELL being OMG AMAZING and that much better than the 360's hardware is such an old, tired meme.

Metalmurphy said:
SC4 wasn't developed for the Cell/RSX :p

Interesting opinion. I thought leading with PS3 development resulted in near identical games between the two platforms.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337812

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Anerythristic said:
Hey what type of karate does Jin use in the game? Because Ccrooks avatar has moves like my son who studies Okinawan karate, I though that was cool as hell. :lol

Namco only dubbed his T4 and on fighting style as "Traditional Karate"...

I prefer "Mishima Style" :)

CPS2

Negaiido said:
It surprises me that a lot of 360 owners really care about this game.
It has been said from the start that its coming to the PS3, people who wanted to play this game really bad would have bought an PS3.
Now suddenly 360 users act like this game was meant to go for the 360.

The release date has been sketchy this whole time, and really there was no reason to buy a PS3 just for Tekken 6. DR players might have bought a PS3 for that, but Tekken 5 on PS2 was good enough for me.

Negaiido

chespace said:
Higher rez is higher rez.

<hugz>

and looks are looks

your point?

Does it matter if the one has higher resolution even if you can't even see it ?
Like ehm the 360 version was made by a person who picks his nose all the time and puts it in his mouth. :p

bosx2

Banned
I dont have a problem with tekken on 360, but I have a problem with the technical aspect of the game now... all other tekken titles were highly optimized console specific version and I doubt that a multiplatform game will get the same treatment as a console exclusive

bosx2 said:
I dont have a problem with tekken on 360, but I have a problem with the technical aspect of the game now... all other tekken titles were highly optimized console specific version and I doubt that a multiplatform game will get the same treatment as a console exclusive
Have you seen the arcade version? I seriously doubt either the PS3 or 360 would break a sweat running it.

Hell, you already know the PS3 can run it and that it's already optimised for it because that's what the arcade machine is!

FoxSpirit

cartoon_soldier said:
My friend who knows a friend who knows a friend who works at gamestop said Yes.

Good source?

Edit: Oh And

1zcmskz.jpg

Ahahahahaha :lol :lol :lol

...wait, am I the only one who got the joke? o_O

MrDenny said:
Paul looks the same in all 5 tekkens? Is that the joke?

Itagaki is the joke. Always talking smack about other people's games, whining about Kamiya talking up Bayonetta and then producing a complete mess of a sequel to Ninja Gaiden.

camineet

Banned
unomas said:
Didn't this all start with Ace Combat 6? Or was another major playstation franchise the first to jump? I really didn't think Tekken would hit the 360, but I can't complain at this point.

PhatSaqs said:
Ridge Racer

Ace (Air) Combat and Ridge Racer didn't start out on PlayStation or PS1-based arcade boards, they started out as arcade games on non-PS1 hardware, well before PS1 existed.

Unlike Tekken, which was created specifically for PS1-based System 11, and thus, Tekken is a franchise that really belonged to PlayStation.

Weenerz said:
The guys from Giantbomb.com said this was a turd compared to SF4, let's hope they make it good.

It's Tekken, it's always been behind other fighters but OH LOOK: EXCLUSIVITY TO THE RESCUE.

I hope the game is good, I'm a huge fighting fan but the series has always been incredibly unbalanced.

permutated said:
It's Tekken, it's always been behind other fighters but OH LOOK: EXCLUSIVITY TO THE RESCUE.

I hope the game is good, I'm a huge fighting fan but the series has always been incredibly unbalanced.

Tekken5: DR is considered one of more balanced 3D fighters out there actually. So much so that it gave the original VF5 a run for it's money in Jpn arcades.

LowParry

Weenerz said:
The guys from Giantbomb.com said this was a turd compared to SF4, let's hope they make it good.

And yet it's the top most played arcade fighter. Hell. Even Arcana Hearts is more played than SF4 in arcades.

CPS2

Weenerz said:

Gerstmann loves Mortal Kombat and hates 3rd Strike. Nothing wrong with that, but he's not the kind of person I'd be taking recommendations from.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Emiru said:
Not a huge tekken fan
I think its the worst of the major fighters
but Hwoarang will make me purchase it.
Whatever. I'm reasonably competent with Asuka- I was a pretty decent Jun fighter back in the day- was disappointed as fuck to see her removed in 3, glad to have her back in Tag, disappointed as fuck to see her removed in 4, and glad to see Asuka, with Jun's movelist, in 5 and now 6. :D

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
chespace said:
Higher rez is higher rez.

<hugz>
So, when can we expect the Tekken/Halo crossover? I'd be fine with a bit in Halo Wars with Nina fighting alongside the Chief and Anna fighting for the Covenant. :D

Leave the weeaboo animu android for Gears of War- she sprouts chainsaws out of her freaking hand, it should make the duels fun! :D

..pakbeka.. said:
the gameplay is the same too......

but I like it

But hold on. I'm on the Virtua Fighter side of the fence, but even I can admit ALL these fighters play the same as their predecessors.

You can play Virtua Fighter 5 in almost the same way as Virtua Fighter 1 with the same character and still have a general handle on it.

Obviously this is more prevalent in Tekken, but it holds true for pretty much all of them.

Hunter D

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Tekken5: DR is considered one of more balanced 3D fighters out there actually. So much so that it gave the original VF5 a run for it's money in Jpn arcades.
News to me.

This thread is gold. Everyone coming out of the wood works and calling tekken trash when they used to champion it.

2 Minutes Turkish said:
But hold on. I'm on the Virtua Fighter side of the fence, but even I can admit ALL these fighters play the same as their predecessors.

You can play Virtua Fighter 5 in almost the same way as Virtua Fighter 1 with the same character and still have a general handle on it.

Obviously this is more prevalent in Tekken, but it holds true for pretty much all of them.
very true, but some fighting franchises add and remove moves and add flashier specials and extra bars in the bottom

and the biggest change I've seen in the tekken series was Jin's new fighting style in 4

edit: actually tekken 4 tried to evolve the franchise with the irregular terrain on stages and obstacles, but the "true fans" bitched and they took that out

LowParry

..pakbeka.. said:
very true, but some fighting franchises add and remove moves and add flashier specials and extra bars in the bottom

and the biggest change I've seen in the tekken series was Jin's new fighting style in 4

Also keep in mind that there are some characters who's animations are different from Tekken 5 to 6. Law is a good example.

Truespeed

Wow, really shocking. A third party publisher wants to make more money. Look at it this way, the definitive arcade version will be on the PS3. The 360 will get a port.

Truespeed said:
Wow, really shocking. A third party publisher wants to make more money. Look at it this way, the definitive arcade version will be on the PS3. The 360 will get a port.
oh boy, it's because of posts like this that I still lurk gaf

I cant wait for this game...i love tekken 6 to death after spending much time with it in the arcades. I can honestly say that i want tekken 7 to really incorporate a new system(less juggle focus for one) with some evolved ideas...but as far as tekken 6 goes, its a damn masterpiece.

Graphically and gameplay wise, this game owns many souls...so much consistency throughout the entire package. It does this like most other games wish to.

gtj1092

Hunter D said:
News to me.

This thread is gold. Everyone coming out of the wood works and calling tekken trash when they used to champion it.

This thread is gold. Everyone coming out of the wood works championing tekken when they use to call it trash.

fake edit: VF rules tekken droolz:lol

No seriously Ive always been on the VF side of the fanboy wars. Shun di FTW!!!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
CurseoftheGods said:
Nah. Tekken still sucks.

Tell it to Virtua Fighter 5R, Street Fighter IV, and all other arcade games in Japan that are eating Tekken 6's dust....

AAK

A TEKKEN THREAD W/ More than 500 posts in one day!?!@? Holy Moly ...... if Tekken gained this much popularity in GAF alone with this announcement, this series is gonna be mega popular probably even more so than the TTT days!

KingJ2002

AAK said:
A TEKKEN THREAD W/ More than 500 posts in one day!?!@? Holy Moly ...... if Tekken gained this much popularity in GAF alone with this announcement, this series is gonna be mega popular probably even more so than the TTT days!

this thread is only big because of the system wars that's taking place

"another one bites the dust for sony" = additional 10 pages.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
AAK said:

haha, dude my site comments hit an all time high.. 270+ in less than a day... the most I had previously was like 100 over a few weeks!

Tekken is serious when it goes to 360!

MarkMan said:
haha, dude my site comments hit an all time high.. 270+ in less than a day... the most I had previously was like 100 over a few weeks!

Tekken is serious when it goes to 360!
Haha, that should be the tag line.

NeoCross

Lmfao, 16 pages of people getting excited because PS3 lost an exclusive and not from them getting a great fighting game :lol

Dahbomb

Xbox Live is going to be my personal hunting ground with Tekken 6. The amount of sucky players online with SC4 was astonishing and I am not even that good with SC4...I can't imagine the scrubs that will be playing Tekken for the first time on Live. :lol

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Dahbomb said:
Xbox Live is going to be my personal hunting ground with Tekken 6. The amount of sucky players online with SC4 was astonishing and I am not even that good with SC4...I can't imagine the scrubs that will be playing Tekken for the first time on Live. :lol
We'll just have fun ok. :(

If this was 1999 I would destroy you to hell and back, but it is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom