• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6 no longer Ps3 exclusive, coming to 360 Fall 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flavius

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Maybe stolen was the wrong word.

But I guess now Microsofts reasoning for jumping the gun this gen is becoming more clear for some of you now?

Loudninja said:
Yeah sure, its funny you just mention UK and not all of Europe, oh and you left out Japan, I wonder why?

Because a 2:1 ratio in the UK means a lot more than a 4:1 ratio in Sony's favor in Spain? Because the 360 version of SC4 in the US outsold the PS360 versions of SC4 combined in Japan?

The US and the UK are the two largest Western markets, MS has substantial leads in both, as well as Canada and Mexico.

Pein

Banned
after FF13 everything else seems so insignificant
anyway I'm more surprised this is taking so long to come out

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
They better not do the stupid bonus characters again..

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Segata Sanshiro said:
Tekken games, for reasons well beyond anything I can explain, sell better than most fighting games, especially in North America. It's not a killer app or anything, but it has always been a nice addition to Sony's exclusive lineup. Still, having this exclusive would have been more of a "it would be nice" rather than a "omg we need this" type of exclusive.

Yeah I mean its like the #1 arcade game in Japan right now, it's just way too late into this whole console war or whatever for it to even matter if its exclusive at this point. Its not like 10 million people are going to go out and buy a PS3 just for this game.

Azrael

Dante said:
Fall 2009!?!??????

WTF is taking so long, doesn't it basically run on a PS3???

Probably the same situation as FFXIII. The 360 version was added late in development, and MS doesn't want sloppy seconds, so Namco is delaying the PS3 version until the 360 version is done.

It's hypocritical that so many posters that scold PS3 owners to "buy a 360" for good games on that system instead of waiting for those good games to appear on the system they own also think it's "good for gamers" that games are delayed so gamers who won't buy a PS3 despite the good games on that system don't have to wait longer for the game, but there you go.

Askia47

Another loss for sony, oh well. This is probably the last big one to lose. From here on out Sony has to rely on its first party games, unless it invests money in something a third party has to offer.

_Angelus_

Banned
Just another reason why 3rd parties can make or break you. And Sony never owned this franchise, so it was never stolen. If anything it just shows you how things can be taken away if a 1st party doesn't do their job,3rd parties will look elsewhere,its a shark infested sea out there. A game like Tekken is a Namco property. They can go anywhere. There can be Tekken 6 cell phone and DS games also. Sony has no right to tell Namco what to do with their IPs.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Really the only problem with the fighting games going multi platform is the fact that joysticks costs so much money and now th- oh what am I saying, most people can play Tekken on pad anyway. :lol

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Askia47 said:
Another loss for sony, oh well. This is probably the last big one to lose. From here on out Sony has to rely on its first party games, unless it invests money in something a third party has to offer.

Don't be surprised to see more "second" party games appear I guess.

PJX

Rhazer Fusion said:
Really? So, when is Ace Combat 6, Dead Rising, Bullet Witch, Katamari, Dead or Alive 4, DOAXBV, Ninja Gaiden 2, Prey, Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean 4 coming to PS3? I must of missed the release dates.

The rights to that game is actually owned by Microsoft. MS gave SE the publishing deal just to have SE name on it. The IP is owned by MS

http://www.infiniteundiscovery.com/

© 2008 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Developed by tri-Ace Inc.
Infinite Undiscovery, Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft.

So I don't think you will ever see this game on the PS3.

My6cats

Banned
Rhazer Fusion said:
Really? So, when is Ace Combat 6, Dead Rising, Bullet Witch, Katamari, Dead or Alive 4, DOAXBV, Ninja Gaiden 2, Prey, Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean 4 coming to PS3? I must of missed the release dates.

I think Microsoft helped pay for some of those games. That is how some of them became exclusive. Sony doens't seem to want to help 3rd parties with thier programming by paying for it like Microsoft.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
OldJadedGamer said:
I'm still waiting for a link to show that they ever announced it as exclusive in the first place.
You wont find any, it never was a exclusive, but is more fun if it was :D

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
OldJadedGamer said:
I'm still waiting for a link to show that they ever announced it as exclusive in the first place.

It never was. People just assumed. And we all know what that does.

My6cats said:
I think Microsoft helped pay for some of those games. That is how some of them became exclusive. Sony doens't seem to want to help 3rd parties with thier programming by paying for it like Microsoft.

really.

Alpha_eX

So one of the big new features is ripping off what DOA has been doing, destructable environments? Sounds good but how will the HC Tekken fans react to this?

Askia47

Kagari said:
Don't be surprised to see more "second" party games appear I guess.

More stuff like Demon Soul Probably. The more the better! Sucks that we wont even see this game for another year though.

StuBurns

Banned
Do we even know for a fact that any 'moneyhatting' goes on? I hear this constantly and I don't think we have any proof for it at all, beyond things like GTA4 DLC.

I remember hearing Sony are bankrolling FFXIII etc. But clearly they never were, and if companies were willing to have games like that exclusive, I don't see why any company would be paying for an exclusive.

_Angelus_

Banned
Microoft remind me of Sony when they came into the gaming arena full of energy. They had a great machine that was easy to develop for,eager to help 3rd parties with whatever they needed,they also dished out for many good exclusives. I was a sega fan but I knew I had to have a PSX because the great games were on that machine,or more often the best version of a 3rd party game was often the PSX version. Its happening again,just that Microsoft have got that eagerness that Sony once had and the ease of development on their machine. Along with wanting to entice that 3rd party pool of developers to their side also. Same story as what went on in the mid 1990s,just different time really. Next cycle it could be Apple or Toshiba doing all this,ya never know.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, which version is coming to consoles? Tekken 6 or Tekken 6: BR? If it's just Tekken 6, no sale.

Ten-Song

Alpha_eX said:
So one of the big new features is ripping off what DOA has been doing, destructable environments? Sounds good but how will the HC Tekken fans react to this?

Hey now, Mortal Kombat was doing that before DOA ever did. YOU COULD UPPERCUT A GUY THROUGH A ROOF IN MK3!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Angelus said:
Microoft remind me of Sony when they came into the gaming arena full of energy. They had a great machine that was easy to develop for,eager to help 3rd parties with whatever they needed,they also dished out for many good exclusives. I was a sega fan but I knew I had to have a PSX because the great games were on that machine,or more often the best version of a 3rd party game was often the PSX version. Its happening again,just that Microsoft have got that eagerness that Sony once had and the ease of development on their machine. Along with wanting to entice that 3rd party pool of developers to their side also. Same story as what went on in the mid 1990s,just different time really. Next cycle it could be Apple or Toshiba doing all this,ya never know.

Every PStation is critized because is hard to develop, what happened was that SEGA for some odd reason used quads instead of triangles to make polygons when every developer and his mom used triangles to render stuff.
That and a stupid release campain.. and a half baked system
(Do you remember the RAM add on ?)

mintylurb

Azrael said:
Probably the same situation as FFXIII. The 360 version was added late in development, and MS doesn't want sloppy seconds, so Namco is delaying the PS3 version until the 360 version is done.

It's hypocritical that so many posters that scold PS3 owners to "buy a 360" for good games on that system instead of waiting for those good games to appear on the system they own also think it's "good for gamers" that games are delayed so gamers who won't buy a PS3 despite the good games on that system don't have to wait longer for the game, but there you go.
Yeah I'm guessing that's the case since it's coming out so late..fall 2009? jebus..
0si14.gif

Honolulu

Neo Member
I like how you can clearly tell the people who actually are playing Tekken and the people who are just bitching about it becoming multiplat.
Rejoice mofo's, We have a pseudo-release date!
And remember, shared love is sometimes called an orgy! You know were fist goes! POW!

Bling me my fudgin Bruddoraino Reberrion, Namco!

Honolulu said:
I like how you can clearly tell the people who actually are playing Tekken and the people who are just bitching about it becoming multiplat.
Rejoice mofo's, We have a pseudo-release date!
And remember, shared love is sometimes called an orgy! You know were fist goes! POW!

Bling me my fudgin Bruddoraino Reberrion, Namco!

I love Tekken but the release date was the worst thing about this announcement. I mean fall 2009. Give me a break. The game shouldnt take this long to make.

While MS keeps getting all these 3rd party games that were PS3 exclusives, Sony is doing nothing to bring over 3rd party games that are 360 exclusives, fuck you Sony.

haunts said:
"It doesnt matter . the game looks like shit. Plus no ps3 owner is looking forward to these games when they have LBP/Resistance 2 etc

On side note TECMO is making an exclusive game for ps3

so times have changed and it goes both ways "

lol, wut

no PS3 is looking fpreward to Tekken? Weird.

Oh I see what you did there, listing sony 1st party exclusives...oh what bitter tears you cry

and when was Tecmo exlusive to MS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom