• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

Really enjoying the game, but the online traffic feels kind of slow to me. Why does it still take so long to find online opponents every time I play Ranked and Player matches. Considering what the game supposedly sold worldwide, it seems like TTT2, Revolution and Tekken 6 online was much more livelier at their peak. Maybe it is the time of the day I get on or is everyone hiding in the lobbies?

Onemic

Really enjoying the game, but the online traffic feels kind of slow to me. Why does it still take so long to find online opponents every time I play Ranked and Player matches. Considering what the game supposedly sold worldwide, it seems like TTT2, Revolution and Tekken 6 online was much more livelier at their peak. Maybe it is the time of the day I get on or is everyone hiding in the lobbies?

More than likely a networking issue. Sometimes when it takes a long time I just hop out and hop back in. I havent had to do that since the 1.04 patch tho.

Sayah

Tekken 7 always was a copy & paste job that is even more egregious than MvC:I. I had my moments of reacting. Now, I'm at the point where it's very safe to predict how Namco will handle their Tekken releases. It is what it is but I still love the core gameplay so I just have to deal with it.

Just sad to see a favorite series go down the gutter like this. Tekken 7 is still an okay/good game overall but can't bring myself to be a passionate fan like I used to be.

I agree, I'll say that that list of DLC costumes seems oddly arbitrarily picked and random. Two costumes from Blood Vengeance and not any other ones.

Vintage 1920's bathing suits...yeah, most of this stuff seems really random to me and none of those are more classic costumes. Hell, they never even released the PS4 exclusive costumes to PC or XBOX ONE either.

DoA5 did a much better job releasing original costumes. Namco's lucky there aren't any other 3D fighters to compete with.

And online is the best resource so I'm not seeing the problem?

The problems there lie in what I'm about to quote below.

Tekken zaibatsu is generally dead apart of one generic section.

Sad. Thankfully, (outside of Kaz) the characters I'm interested in have useful info there.

Everyone is on the tz discord now

What is discord? Does it create an archive like Tekken Z?

I learn by reading. It's one of the reasons why I lamented that Prima wasn't going to release a strategy guide. I constructed my own for Tekken 6 (though by the time I got 6 it was when TTT2 was out and everyone had moved on). Like, does discord provide this kind of info:

Xiaoyus AOP 2,1 is no longer hcable

Also she does has a BT 1+2 throw via

RDS u,uf,n df+1+2

Edit

Xiaoyu is top tier as her main issues in ttt2 were low damage, back tracking and there was no reason to duck her

Going into tekken 7 they decided to fix the low damage issue with her actually having average/above average combo damage getting 65 dmg in a game where some are only getting 58 of a 15f frame launcher

They also gave her a stronger i13~14 b+4,4 which now wall splat and out in the open is around +12

Then to also help her punishment she gained 3 as a i14 which leaves a strong oki situation where if she guesses how you are getting up she will launch you again

Her comeback factor was also fixed with her RD, in rage her i10 punish 1,d+2 now leads to a 50/50 with RD or RDS 4 (if health is high enough to survive a i12 do RDS uf+4).

Her tracking was strengthened with a new f+4 which launches, also due to the ss nerfs other moves such as df+1 track extremely well.

The new addition of RDS d+3 and AOP 4~3 also gave opponents a reason to duck with the earlier being ncc and hcable with RDS d+3,4 and the latter giving a strong oki situation where fc d+3 is guaranteed at point blank (at tip ff+3 is guaranteed is you need a guarantee), but this low also sets up a sting oki situation which could get you launched if you guess wrong. Cc df+2~1 is guaranteed at the wall for max dmg grounded hit

Her already strong wall game got buff with her keeping all of her original oki but it being stronger as well as her guessing game being deadlier.

Of axis at the wall jump over RDS 4 is now guaranteed no matter what they do since it hits grounded now.

Uf+1+2 got it's frames increase so anytime she crosses you up with this RDS 4 is now guaranteed.

!W 1 df+1 RDS 4 wall ender give you enough frames to set up a AOP guessing game

And AOP 2,1 now means if she ssr AOP she now has a quick whiff confirm move which she didn't have previously.

She also still has HYP 2+3 hitting grounded near the wall for wall carry which buffs her wall damage even if they stay grounded.

AOP 1+2 is also still -1 which means even if you guess the AOP mid right it's still a guessing game and if you are impatient

ff+2,1 is a strong whiff punish at the wall which if she she's you opponent move she can whiff confirm the string.

The only thing the character is lacking is ws punishment

OR:

T7 specific stuff
Safe 1 button 14f launcher with decent range and easy combo afterwards with BT d3,4
CH db4 ff3 BT d3,4...
SS 1+2 ff3 BT d3,4...
f4 (0 on block homing move) ff3 BT d3,4...
Retarded sweep from AOP that is basically safe, and gives a free followup on hit
AOP2,1 NC HC wallsplat/KND
Best rage drive in the game
Got Wang's d3(4), fast poke

Xiaoyu as a whole
Overall "petun" and evasion; see BS thread
Pretty much everything she has launches on CH, and she hurts, a lot (basically a female Bryan)

Also, is your boss Shauno?

-

If they gave Xiaoyu a BT 1+2 throw, she'd 100% be the best character in the game. No questions asked.

It's one thing to just say, "Ling is one of the best characters in the game, stfu." It's another thing to explain all this stuff to demonstrate the changes she underwent to make her what she is. Once I found and read those, I was like, "Ok, I get it." And then I immediately started implementing those things.

I've spent about three hours in the past 2 days messing around with Raven in practice mode. It helps that her section of Tekken Z has people explaining the differences between Raven in T5 and T6 to now. Why something that seemed effective before, like d/b+4 might be neglected in favor of her new (?) d/b+3. But I only have that because of people actively discussing those things on Tekken Z.

I'm only on page 2 of one thread. I have not even had the time to go through all of this yet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Z-8sL9-FWw6jn9-x0cILPmN6o4spBlJPzPh2S/pubhtml

^If I could get one of those for every character I'd be all set. I've piecemealed one for Asuka. Gotten Ling by memory. Now I'll be "downloading" Raven over the next few eeks.

What I'm saying is, it is important have an archive. Does discord have one?

haven't had time to play much at all due to raising a family, hiring an intern, doing work field work at my job, and setting up an art workshop (yay! responsibility!...)

Got a few hours in today online and ranked up my Dragunov. Getting tired a bit of playing online. What's some good websites to connect with local players? I use to use Zaibatsu years ago, but what's a good place to look based on region/location?

Also, realized I enjoy Paul more than I thought, so I'm considering spending more time with him now for a secondary or third option with my currents for the longest time being Dragunov main and Jack second.

Dereck

haven't had time to play much at all due to raising a family, hiring an intern, doing work field work at my job, and setting up an art workshop (yay! responsibility!...)

Got a few hours in today online and ranked up my Dragunov. Getting tired a bit of playing online. What's some good websites to connect with local players? I use to use Zaibatsu years ago, but what's a good place to look based on region/location?

Also, realized I enjoy Paul more than I thought, so I'm considering spending more time with him now for a secondary or third option with my currents for the longest time being Dragunov main and Jack second.
Tekken Zaibatsu's Discord's looking to play section is decent

karasu

Fighting game acronyms trigger me. And nothing makes me want to crush a man like anime trash fighting moves in my Tekken or a victory pose with a cell phone. You got friends nigga? Get fucked.

sasuke_91

It's one thing to just say, "Ling is one of the best characters in the game, stfu." It's another thing to explain all this stuff to demonstrate the changes she underwent to make her what she is. Once I found and read those, I was like, "Ok, I get it." And then I immediately started implementing those things.

Yeah, sure, of course.

Discord is a chat. It's not an archive or anything, you just use it to ask questions, ask for people to play or just chat in general. Just like TeamSpeak, but better.
Tekken Zaibatsu has its own Discord with a lot of people. We also have our own Discord channel.

Got my first win last night!

https://youtu.be/Pmas8E52gFc

After 5 losses I was starting to feel discouraged. I know Kazuya is a hard character for a beginner, but he's always been my favorite character in the series and I'd like to be at least decent with him. Terrible connection, but I was doing dumb stuff too. I felt like I started to learn towards the end of it though. I was really hyped. Haha.

Sayad

Is he worse than Lucky Chloe though?
LC isn't bad as a character outside her main outfit, also has the best entrance in the game. :3

xGQ72z.gif

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Lucky Chloe's design is great. I just wish she played like Eileen from VF instead of the sorta-capoeira thing she got going on.

The character episodes really sold me on Chloe.

She's such a trolly bitch behind that forced-cute exterior, i like it.

Sadly her playstyle doesn't jive with me at all.

The character episodes really sold me on Chloe.

She's such a trolly bitch behind that forced-cute exterior, i like it.

Sadly her playstyle doesn't jive with me at all.

I wonder if we could get a continuation of some of these character episodes, the models are all ready done all would need to be added is animation and voice work. Someone hit up Harada on Twitter for a Character Episode Expansion DLC.

mooncakes

I concluded that the more unsafe and dumb I play, the more I win and getaway with things. Playing mind games with online players seems like a bad idea...it will never work.

CSX

Stay safe, I know some people down there, pretty rough.

If you are interested here's my profile, I'm always down to play and plus decent PC players are harder to come by because of the player base.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/cliinf

im CSX142857 on steam. I'll add ya soon. I wouldnt say im decent. I'm pretty bad myself. Just most of the time I get matched up against people who losequit alot to maintain their ranks lol. Hope to learn alot from ya. Where you from btw so i can get a decent idea of our connection when we play in the future ?

Dereck

im CSX142857 on steam. I'll add ya soon. I wouldnt say im decent. I'm pretty bad myself. Just most of the time I get matched up against people who losequit alot to maintain their ranks lol. Hope to learn alot from ya. Where you from btw so i can get a decent idea of our connection when we play in the future ?
New Mexico

AAK

I think Josie might have the worst VA since Megaman X4. :\

I can't blame the VA when you take into account the material Namco provided. They animated her winpose to make her look shrouded in sorrow and depression for winning a fight.

But alas, I used up all my outrage with fucking Chloe and there's little Namco could do to go below that.

People (some of them on my FL) keep ducking me even though we have the same ranks, and those people don't mind playing me with characters that have the same ranks in lobbies.

How can I solve this problem without making a smurf account?

I think Josie might have the worst VA since Megaman X4. :\

It's by design, Harada thinks that there are people that think a half naked crybaby cutesie is an appealing design.

Sayad

I can't blame the VA when you take into account the material Namco provided. They animated her winpose to make her look shrouded in sorrow and depression for winning a fight.

But alas, I used up all my outrage with fucking Chloe and there's little Namco could do to go below that.
Yea, regardless of how bad VA, I'm pretty sure a good VA director would be able to squeeze out a better performance than this from them in minutes:
https://youtu.be/g8kTcQoqqJ0?t=10m9s
The script, foreign languages stuff, character endings and recording of a lot of the new lines says no one in the team actually cared though.

sasuke_91

Never underestimate Bamco.
Tekken 8 will feature Unlucky Chloette, Lucky Chloe's evil twin sister who woke up from a deep slumber after Lucky Chloe won the King of Iron Fist Tournament 7. Her only goal is to beat Chloe in every way possible, including her becoming a bigger idol than Chloe and winning the 8th King of Iron Fist Tournament. Tekken 8 is about their rivalry, family drama and lots of emotions. All being narrated by the same guy as Tekken 7's story mode.

Wow. This gif is crazy, from beginning to end. To pull off Lee's 1,3,3,3 is some next level badassery.

Jer

It hit me this weekend playing with some college friends that the combined effect of losing handicap and losing team battle really hurts trying to play Tekken as a party game. I noticed they got rid of handicap in T6, and didn't think much of it, but now that team battle's also gone, there's like no way to equalize differences in skill and still have fun. Tekken 7's port is weird, they went to such great lengths to change the battle system to make it easier for new players, but then they get rid of stuff that helps casual players have fun, I don't get it.

On a completely different and random note, punishing Alisa's hopkick with Leo's wr4, 1+2 feels incredibly satisfying for some reason, heh.

So with Raven I noticed that I needed a good poke besides 1,2 and 2,3.

4,1 was absent from my Arsenal. After side eyeing a video at work, I know I need to be using that more even though they are highs.
Also, d/b+2,1 Mix-Ups. If you only do one command, she ends in back turn. Frame advantage on hit if you do both.

I don't like the range of d/f+1 even though everyone says it's one of her top moves. Why?

I am loving her seemingly endless arsenal of low pokes. Also, a lot of people freeze up when you do her unblockables. No wonder they take so low damage.

So far the weakest part of her game is that silly command grab..

Top Bottom