• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

Numb

1 hour to go.

Just. One. Hour.

giphy.gif

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
But they've had Ling forever and she's Talim except not garbage tier.
Maybe somewhat similar in gameplay, not at all similar characters. Just being one of a handful of Pilipino characters in gaming VS 1 of millions of genki Asian schoolgirls is a strong enough difference. Though in Ling's favor, she is one of the least plain of her archetype. Back to Talim, I've liked her since SCII arcade days, never really cared where tiers might have placed her. She probably ties with Vaness in VF as one of the few 3D fighter characters that use stances that I just gel with.

The only thing I've personally liked about Ling Xiaoyu was that she always had anime in her Tekken endings. I actually find a lot of her moves kinda Iconic looking as far as 3D fighters go, but I've never wanted to stick to playing her, or anything like that. But with the subtraction of so many Chinese martial artist from the games usual roster here, I might be forced to give her a second look this time.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Do you happen to be Filipino? Since you also liked Talim in Soul Calibur. I'm maiming Josie too, so you can add me and we can do some matches.

Nope, black guy in America! But I'd love to fight someone who has some idea what they're doing with her. Getting on PS4 I take it? I'd love to try fighting, if the netcode can take it.

Pachimari

Nope, black guy in America! But I'd love to fight someone who has some idea what they're doing with her. Getting on PS4 I take it? I'd love to try fighting, if the netcode can take it.
I got no idea what I'll be doing with her. But ask me In a year, and I may be somewhat competent. I'll be maining her a lot though. Ps4 and Pc here yeah.

Moofers

Has the soundtrack been expanded on or improved from the Arcade release? I was just trying to listen to the T7 Arcade OST on Youtube and yeeesh, its just noise. Granted I haven't listened to the whole thing but I got like 6 tracks in and felt like it was all just this noisey shit that sounded the same. I feel like these games used to have some really amazing tracks and maybe that's still the case, but I sure didn't hear it just now and it has me a little worried...

CSX

Has the soundtrack been expanded on or improved from the Arcade release? I was just trying to listen to the T7 Arcade OST on Youtube and yeeesh, its just noise. Granted I haven't listened to the whole thing but I got like 6 tracks in and felt like it was all just this noisey shit that sounded the same. I feel like these games used to have some really amazing tracks and maybe that's still the case, but I sure didn't hear it just now and it has me a little worried...

That OST is based on the original arcade release so it's missing a lot of tracks due to newer stages added in the updated arcade version and console version.

Boot up Yakuza 0 and do some heat moves on Mr.Shakedown in the mean time.

This is a great idea, thank you. I've had to put Y0 aside while I play Persona 5, but Kiryu's going to go beast mode on some people tonight.

The only thing I've personally liked about Ling Xiaoyu was that she always had anime in her Tekken endings. I actually find a lot of her moves kinda Iconic looking as far as 3D fighters go, but I've never wanted to stick to playing her, or anything like that. But with the subtraction of so many Chinese martial artist from the games usual roster here, I might be forced to give her a second look this time.

I'm actually surprised we didn't see a new Chinese character in 7 considering how important the China market is to the gaming industry these days.

I haven't seriously played Ling since 3, but I might have to main her this time considering she's moved up in the tier list and since Lei is gone.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I think someone posted the [really good] How To Josie video in this thread already, but if you want to main josie you should def follow josie_rizal_bot on twitter too. The tweets are mostly in japanese, but the frequent twitter videos are very useful (tho the videos also get uploaded to the youtube channel with some wonderful post-commentary by josie and chloe's mii avatars).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The PC version has unlocked. You may need to restart Steam if you're between app refreshes.

Edit: The PC performance thread will be up in about 20 minutes.

Question for anyone with the Deluxe Edition on Steam...

Does your DLC tab on Steam show the Season Pass or Eliza DLC? Right now mine shows nothing at all.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
wtf 3 hours to unpack!?

It won't actually take anywhere near that long. The reason the initial decryption completion time is generally much higher is that Steam is updating the data, which messes with the underlying equation.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I know better then to pre-load as decryption always takes longer then downloading, yet I keep doing it like a jackass.

Steam's current unpack estimate: 52 days lol.

It won't actually take anywhere near that long. The reason the initial decryption completion time is generally much higher is that Steam is updating the data, which messes with the underlying equation.

you right, it's saying more like 25 minutes now, still though lol

Top Bottom