• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 8 Kazuya Trailer

Does the graphic look better or just because of the stage?
Btw Kazuya looks fire!! His design is much better than the rest.
And the moveset is getting more change than i thought.
His voice is great too.
Still too much effect flying around though.

Last edited:

Soodanim

I'm not sure how I feel about Tekken having Super/X-Ray style moves. Keeping up with the Joneses seems to homogenise it.

That aside, I always enjoyed playing Kaz and he looks fun here too.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Does this means

Spoiler for tekken 8

will die at the hands of Jin and Jin latter commit suicide to end the devil gene so this will be the last time we see jin and kazuya

Last edited:

Mr.Phoenix

Looks great.

I hope they get rid of the chip damage.
Nope, I like it, they also have regen too.

They seem to be doing this new entry justice... if there is one thing I would change though, is maybe they tone down the effects a little, there are cleaner, classier ways to covey impact and power.

SSfox

The GOAT himself

THo Da Fakk is that announcer BRUH
IX2HSdh.jpg

Last edited:

Spyxos

I'm not sure how I feel about Tekken having Super/X-Ray style moves. Keeping up with the Joneses seems to homogenise it.

Yeah never got into Tekken Super moves. Sadly after Tek 7 i think it is the last one for me.

Needlecrash

Christ on a cracker, this game looks so fucking good. The hit sounds are so impactful too. I like the announcer, reminds of me NJPW a bit.

0:36 - Flash Punch Combo, into a feint then a Roundhouse????? FUCK ME.

GIF by Identity

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Looks like they’re continuing to make visual improvements. This trailer is looking much better than the last one.

Fake

Maybe because he is the main char?

IDK, indeed looks better than the last trailer, but again I think this is a mix of he having the best character model plus the stage lightning really helping his cause.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Maybe because he is the main char?

IDK, indeed looks better than the last trailer, but again I think this is a mix of he having the best character model plus the stage lightning really helpinh his cause.
No Jin is main character

Kazuya is villain now

poodaddy

Looks cool. That being said, I still haven't been shown a reason why I would buy this when Tekken 7 exists. So far, the game looks cool, and yes is visually better than 7, but 7 still looks great to me, has an insanely large cast, and has less of the annoying vfx screen crowding. I love fighting games, and I'm glad they're doing well, but so far Tekken 8 is looking just like more of the same. If I'm being honest, the only essential entries in the series are 3, Tag 2, and 7 in my opinion. I feel like this series doesn't change enough between entries to legitimize getting into every entry. Just my opinion though. It's looking good, but skippable to me.

Not a fan of the supers / bay-camera, myself. But im a grumpy old man, who hates accesability and multiple frames in my buffer inputs, so yeah...a dying breed lol.

I
Does the graphic look better or just because of the stage?
Btw Kazuya looks fire!! His design is much better than the rest.
And the moveset is getting more change than i thought.
His voice is great too.
Still too much effect flying around though.

Thus stage has always looked better than the others. That being said, it's going to be a great looking game when it comes out. It'll probably improve on release.

Cant waut to finally have this and SF6 and not have to settle for 1080p graphics.

Apparently Harada has said that there is going to be a setting for that
That would be a godsend. Also, if they could turn off supers, armored moves, and the new mechanics that would be great. I can't believe I have still not seen any Tekken beat 6 in the gameplay department. That is even with the absurd rebound after walllsplat in the picture.

SkylineRKR

Kazuya is finally the champ again. He's a villain sure, but he's based. I would like to see young versions of Kazuya, Hei etc though.

Top Bottom