• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

Sayah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzux5ZimtVk

2:28... you can also see it done after a blocked d/b+3+4 at 15:05. I think it's a really great tool and really hard to see coming.

Another nifty thing about her is how her u/f+3 stance from judgement crushes lows and can be done midstring like in 13:42 and 14:22. And right after that that set also shows her awesome tech trap of getting a getting a reset righter after her B! f,f+3 by using her d+3,1. I dunno but I maybe she can get a free d+1+2 if they tech roll like how Bruce get's a free b+2+3 during his tech trap?
Amazing. I need to head to practice mode with her now. Thanks! :D
I also want to learn her cancel into hunting swan someday. The timing is so strict, though. Unfortunately, her d/b+3 is also useless now in TTT2. :/

Yoshi is mad fun to play with. I suck with him but I only keep choosing him because his attacks and movements feel really fluid. He's next on my list for training.

AAK

Compilation of Harada's presentation today thanks to Jintor:

"Today I am talking about our latest installment, and we are handing out champagne, but please wait until I am done to sip."

"I know you guys are tired from the presentation and all that, but please wait to drink: I am going to tell you about Ono's deviant practices and his home life, and that will take two hours, so please wait."

"We're going to talk about Tag 2, but it's been 12 years from the original and it's evolved from the original, so let's talk about that."

"The tag element has changed quite a bit. Another thing that stands out: the one-on-one mode is also included. [solo mode]"

"One thing that's completely new is 1 v 2 match formats, so that really stands out about this product."

"You have the traditional one on one tag fights, the one on one fights, and the all new one v two. So this really is the ultimate tag package."

"We've also added some new characters since Tekken 6. 44 in the arcade roster for Tag 2. Not only that, we also will have new characters just for the consoles, probably even more than you can imagine."

"So much, in fact, that Itagaki-san said "That's a bit too much, isn't it, Harada?""

"I told him to shut up and he's taken three years on his game, so he should worry about himself again"

"Not only do we have new characters, we will also have new stages available, one of which, Brazil, will be in your press packets." [dlc? qr codes?]

"Another big feature of this one is what we're calling "Fight Lab" (?)"

"Regarding the fine details, I'm hoping we can talk abotu the fine detail in the interview, but let's go for a brief overview."

"[mini games] have often had a mode with little resemblance to the main tekken, or modes geared towards advanced players."

"But you know, when you get not only Tekken but other fighting games, it's difficult to find modes that satisfy both new players and advanced players (paraphrased)"

"With this mode, when novice players look at it, they notice once they finish this mode they've gotten better at gameplay elements of Tekken. Advanced players will find a different way to play them, they'll customise their combots with different combos they select. So it's something both players can enjoy."

"The version we have prepared for the show is only 10% complete, [battle lab, i think], so regarding the fine detail, I am hoping we can talk about this in interviews."

"As a side note, for those who bring me some nice alcohol, there might be some exclusive information added."

"We've brought the latest build with us today and this is the latest time people can see the console version running. but this version between me (Michael of Namco Bandai) and Harada san isn't very interesting, so we're going to run four player party mode instead."

[he makes us do a cheers]

"I can drink during this Presentation, right?"

Lars and Heihachi v Bryan and Jack.

"At the moment, we're playing amongst ourselves four people, but you can play one on one, two one, there's many patterns you can play with. Harada is Heihachi, Michael is playing Lars."

"In addition to the tag buttons, R1 changes out, and iether of us can do that at any time."

"If my partner is playing really bad, I can hit R1 at any time to play when appropriate. (?)"

"What's really interesting is that if you're playing really well goether, your combos will link naturally. When you get in trouble, you can try to tag out."

"You can play locally with your friends or brothers and sisters, or you can play over the internet as well."

"we'd like you to really try it out when you get your hands on it, because playing four players at once is a really enjoyable experience."

"Not only is it tag, but you can play one on one, two on two, one on two, there are variosu different ways of playing the game."

[Harada-san is showing off with Lars/Heihachi combos. Looks swell, but nothing Tekkan Tag Tournament 2 players haven't seen before, I bet.]

"As you can see, we are actually playing, because this is a real build. We didn't just take it and port it, because the hardware running the arcade build is actually higher spec than the PS3, so we had to do a lot to port it. Because we can have four characters on screen at once, it means roughly twice the graphical power of Tekken 6.

We also have a lot to talk about online modes that you're interested in, but we hope to cover that in interviews."

"Also, as you're aware, we have E3 and other events coming up throughout the year, we have a lot of surprises you will be happy about."

"and since I have drunk too much, I really have to go to the restroom, so I hope you'll enjoy the rest of this presentation."

Aaaaand now there's a supermodel gamer on stage in cosplay dressed as Christie Montero. She hosted E3 last year with Filthy Rich apparently? :|

They're going to show off some tag combo moves in some event with her and some unknown megastar.

Harada-san wants Petrone, by the way.

Goddamn this is awkward.

...new trailer. Oh, it's just a Tekken Trailer.

...was the One Piece game the only unannounced game? It kind of sounded like that was the end of the presentation. It is 12 :|

Wrap it up, ya'll.

Tekken due in september 2012.

OKAY we're done. Everything from here out is embargo'd. That's all I have for you, GAF.

Thanks a lot for typing all that up! :)

Hejdlond

This is THE game I'm waiting for, day 1! Team Jin & Lars, let's goooooo!

Edit:

Gonna celebrate by playing some T6. If anyone want to play against a bad vanilla Jin, add me on PSN (Hejdlond). Europeans preferably since I'm from Sweden myself :)
Time to dust off dat K-stick!

kstick58bue.jpg

Sayah

"We've also added some new characters since Tekken 6. 44 in the arcade roster for Tag 2. Not only that, we also will have new characters just for the consoles, probably even more than you can imagine."

"So much, in fact, that Itagaki-san said "That's a bit too much, isn't it, Harada?""

YES YES YES..........I can already speculate:
Kunimitsu
Dr. B
Humanoid Ogre
Angel
Michelle
Marshall
Unknown
Alex

All of them making a glorious return to make this the best Tekken EVAR. Just hope that if these characters do return, Marshall and Alex are more than just clones. They should find a way to differentiate the playstyle just like how Michelle and Julia would definitely have different playstyles if Michelle got included.

I also hope they can make Unknown more useful if they add her. I mean there's a wolf spirit behind her. Find a way to use him and make her a unique character. We already have Mokujin if people want random players to control.

So glad this will be a September release.

Fight lab also seems to sound interesting.

Pachimari

People can add me as well, I'm from Denmark. But I'm gonna buy 2 Hori official arcade sticks and Tekken 6 (again) first.

And wow, A LOT of new characters in the console version. Hopefully there's room for Michelle Chang and Kunimitsu.

LowParry

Sept release? New console characters? Hot damn. :D Now where's me some of that Ling art so I can get started with some hype avatar action!

Sayah

I took "new characters" for brand new characters and not just returning characters, but that makes sense now I see it that way.

Well, I was just looking at characters we already know about in some way. There probably may be brand new characters as well.

GrayFoxPL

"Not only that, we also will have new characters just for the consoles, probably even more than you can imagine."
Wooooooooooaaah! Harada why did you say this? I won't be able to sleep!
Is the conference recorded? Some vid should be up at least?

Well, I was just looking at characters we already know about in some way. There probably may be brand new characters as well.

For "new" new characters I would not bet. Unless Harada is treating Tag 2 on a level of canon games it would be weird to put brand new characters in Tag 2 instead of Tekken 7.
But Tag is great in remaking old characters so maybe my dream of Forest doing hapkido could come true!

Seeing that this has movie tie-in they may put that weakling Shin in.

Remade:
Kunimitsu
Mitchelle
Prototype Jack
Forest
Alex - my favorite. Alex >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Roger
In T7 they could put new fighting styles from those remade characters to "new" new ones but Forest is long overdue on his return. Marchall's stashe was funny in T4 but seriously, in T5, T6 it should've been Forest - they fucking created him as an replacement.

Would be great if they'd put Dr. Bosconowitch but I'm skeptical about it, even more on Angel.

Maybe Harada went crazy and put:

Father of Nina and Anna what's his name.
Violet with T4 Acid Rain
Zombie King I and Zombie Armor King I :D
Zombie Kuma I D:
Combot - God tier.
That old Capoeira dude in the prison, Eddy's master.
The Cat from Tekken 5 intro that Asuka saved. You now Japan loves this shit.
Ken Mishima aka Godhand Mishima! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Kazuya's mom
Heihachi's mom
Jinpachi's mom and dad D:

Shit's crazy man, crazy.

I just hope the "new" characters aren't Azazel and Nancy scaled or not. That would suck.

Wait Harada said once that he planned to put Salomon in T3. That's it! He's gonna be in 120% :DDDDD

I'm so excited! Forest and Kunimitsu awesome remakes must be in! :D

Sayah

For "new" new characters I would not bet. Unless Harada is treating Tag 2 on a level of canon games it would be weird to put brand new characters in Tag 2 instead of Tekken 7.
But Tag is great in remaking old characters so maybe my dream of Forest doing hapkido could come true!

Seeing that this has movie tie-in they may put that weakling Shin in.

Remade:
Kunimitsu
Mitchelle
Prototype Jack
Forest
Alex - my favorite. Alex >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Roger
In T7 they could put new fighting styles from those remade characters to "new" new ones but Forest is long overdue on his return. Marchall's stashe was funny in T4 but seriously, in T5, T6 it should've been Forest - they fucking created him as an replacement.

Would be great if they'd put Dr. Bosconowitch but I'm skeptical about it, even more on Angel.

Maybe Harada went crazy and put:

Father of Nina and Anna what's his name.
Violet with T4 Acid Rain
Zombie King I and Zombie Armor King I :D
Zombie Kuma I D:
Combot - God tier.
That old Capoeira dude in the prison, Eddy's master.
The Cat from Tekken 5 intro that Asuka saved. You now Japan loves this shit.
Ken Mishima aka Godhand Mishima! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Kazuya's mom
Heihachi's mom
Jinpachi's mom and dad D:

Shit's crazy man, crazy.

I just hope the "new" characters aren't Azazel and Nancy scaled or not. That would suck.

Wait Harada said once that he planned to put Salomon in T3. That's it! He's gonna be in 120% :DDDDD

I'm so excited! Forest and Kunimitsu awesome remakes must be in! :D

Getting a little carried away here, are we? :p
I personally would love to see Unknown with the Wolf spirit present during gameplay. It would be like two characters, except it would still be one.

GrayFoxPL

Getting a little carried away here, are we? :p
I personally would love to see Unknown with the Wolf spirit present during gameplay. It would be like two characters, except it would still be one.

They would just copy paste Zwei's wolf moveset.

I was joking about crazy characters but I don't want any more "freaks" in Tekken, I'm not about looks but their fantasy fighting style. Would rather Harada focus on real martial art styles rather then creating moe robo maids, Scandinavian superheroes and shit.

AAK

I'm starting to feel a little scared that these console exclusives are guest characters like how Cole and Kratos were for SFxT and MK/SC... I hope they actually bring back actual fighters from the old roster.

Sayah

I'm starting to feel a little scared that these console exclusives are guest characters like how Cole and Kratos were for SFxT and MK/SC... I hope they actually bring back actual fighters from the old roster.

No way. I doubt they would introduce any first party or other third party characters in a Tekken game. Completely unfitting. Maybe for TKXSF but definitely not for Tag 2.

Edit: And where is our trailer?

GrayFoxPL

No way. I doubt they would introduce any first party or other third party characters in a Tekken game. Completely unfitting. Maybe for TKXSF but definitely not for Tag 2.

Edit: And where is our trailer?

I wouldn't say that for sure, publishers are crazy greedy nowadays and almost every fighting game has crossovers. If NamcoBandai orders Harada to put eg. Bandai character in, then what can he do?

Pachimari

Don't suggest this. The thought alone kills me. Argh. And bring on the trailer, maybe it'll show a fighter from the console version.

AAK

Only reason I'm thinking this is because console exclusive characters from Tekken 3 were always just joke characters (like Dr. B and Gon). Now that they're actively advertising it means that it's a first for the series where there was always universal parity with the Arcade version. And the catalyst to this change of heart IMO is some juicy Sony/MS moneyhats.

Also, TTT2 isn't canon either so it does look like something that Namco could cash in on without disrupting too much of the saga.

I hope I'm wrong... and I fully expect Namco to do the same in TxSF.

Sayah

Only reason I'm thinking this is because console exclusive characters from Tekken 3 were always just joke characters (like Dr. B and Gon). Now that they're actively advertising it means that it's a first for the series where there was always universal parity with the Arcade version. And the catalyst to this change of heart IMO is some juicy Sony/MS moneyhats.

Also, TTT2 isn't canon either so it does look like something that Namco could cash in on without disrupting too much of the saga.

I hope I'm wrong... and I fully expect Namco to do the same in TxSF.

I wouldn't say that for sure, publishers are crazy greedy nowadays and almost every fighting game has crossovers. If NamcoBandai orders Harada to put eg. Bandai character in, then what can he do?

Even creating one character requires far too much investment. This isn't like SFXTK where the command list is basically 10 moves. 100+ moves per character that probably won't even get used in the future installments. I don't know.

Wonder how arcade goers feel about the console exclusive characters. To walk in and experience the not so full version of the game since the console gets some exclusive character goodies. Or even better arcade owners, hopefully those guys won't be pulling their hair out.

Kunimitsu and Michelle would definitely be shoe-ins for me. Kunimitsu because of fan feedback and Michelle seems like they made an 'entry' for her since they made Julia a luchadore now. Would be great fun to beat up Regular Ogre and Combot though.

Guess I wouldn't mind some guest characters like Gon but after SFxT and it's inclusions I hope not. God that stuff was bad.

Sayah

Came back from Zaibatsu. Combot is one of the characters and you can program his moveset. It's in press release.

Awesome, always liked the poor robot more then Mokujin.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=123539

I'm interested to see how this will work.

Wonder how arcade goers feel about the console exclusive characters. To walk in and experience the not so full version of the game since the console gets some exclusive character goodies. Or even better arcade owners, hopefully those guys won't be pulling their hair out.

Kunimitsu and Michelle would definitely be shoe-ins for me. Kunimitsu because of fan feedback and Michelle seems like they made an 'entry' for her since they made Julia a luchadore now. Would be great fun to beat up Regular Ogre and Combot though.

Guess I wouldn't mind some guest characters like Gon but after SFxT and it's inclusions I hope not. God that stuff was bad.

Gon can be an exception due to his history with Tekken. :p

AAK

Even creating one character requires far too much investment. This isn't like SFXTK where the command list is basically 10 moves. 100+ moves per character that probably won't even get used in the future installments. I don't know.

Your logic is sound, and I hope you're right.

Came back from Zaibatsu. Combot is one of the characters and you can program his moveset. It's in press release.

Awesome, always liked the poor robot more then Mokujin.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=123539

Yeah, Space A Cobra also mentioned it in the other thread in the OT. I believe it's part of the Practice Mode Lab thing. Definitely intrigues me.

I'm sure Namco will update the Arcade boards after the console release with Tekken-net. They earn way too much money the monthly fees to risk losing customers because of it.... but then again, assuming they're not 3rd/1st party properties.

Sayah

Now with these new characters for consoles, I may have to switch up teams. Alisa can go rot. A Yoshi + Kuni team would be so amazing.

Your logic is sound, and I hope you're right.

I better be right or Harada is getting hate tweets from me. lol

CSX

I'm really late to the party apparently but god this piano cover of T6 electric fountain is sick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KKhimDOhuI

And to add on what Sayah said

Bet this means if these characters turn out to be guest characters, they would have same movesets as another character but have different move properties.

Tons of eddy/christie duos ???

Sayah

Just met and played for hours with a really good Julia player online. Sooooooo many mixups. Also good games BHK.

That new logo looks A LOT better. And it's thankfully missing "Unlimited." I would have hated a TUTT2 abbreviation.
I wish Heihachi's mustache was not there.
Eddy says "me first".

I'm all for changing either Eddy's or Christie's playstyle. Same for Kuma/Panda.

I'm really late to the party apparently but god this piano cover of T6 electric fountain is sick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KKhimDOhuI

And to add on what Sayah said

Bet this means if these characters turn out to be guest characters, they would have same movesets as another character but have different move properties.

Tons of eddy/christie duos ???
I doubt that would happen.

Pachimari

Jun Kazama:
KEUKRl.jpg

Asuka Kazama:
7xMcY.jpg

Wang Jinrei:
P0QVml.jpg

Anna Williams:
IryE0l.jpg

Lee Chaolan:
5crExl.jpg

Updated Asuka Kazama Kotobukiya Bishoujo figure:
3ACPCl.jpg

I have been playing Tekken since the first one but I still don't have a main character. =/
I'm thinking of Asuka Kazama, Ling Xiaoyu, Jun Kazama, Leo Kliesen and Wang Jinrei (I were surprisingly good with him in Tekken 6).

Sayah

Anna Williams:
IryE0l.jpg

I LOVE THIS!!!!!

Anywho, some good details from the press release. Apparently, I just read it. lol

“To truly make this game stand up to the high benchmark set by the original, we have injected some exciting features and modes that will revolutionize the online fighting game community and allow new players to enjoy and master the game – so there will be something for everyone.”
“There is so much packed into TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 that we can’t wait to reveal to fans of both fighting games and fans of all games”
OH YES

The latest entry into the iconic series will have the level of depth expected of the highest-selling fighting game franchise of all time, but also the accessibility for new fans and gaming noobs alike.”
Highest selling fighting franchise baby.

GrayFoxPL

Jun Kazama:
KEUKRl.jpg

Asuka Kazama:
7xMcY.jpg

Wang Jinrei:
P0QVml.jpg

Anna Williams:
IryE0l.jpg

Lee Chaolan:
5crExl.jpg

Updated Asuka Kazama Kotobukiya Bishoujo figure:
3ACPCl.jpg

I have been playing Tekken since the first one but I still don't have a main character. =/
I'm thinking of Asuka Kazama, Ling Xiaoyu, Jun Kazama, Leo Kliesen and Wang Jinrei (I were surprisingly good with him in Tekken 6).

My God dat Jun! O_O Need huge pic nao.
Awesome arts for Wang, Anna and Lee too.

Don't worry about not having main, I'm the same. The characters are so well designed that I just want to pick them all(most), I change "mains" every once in a while. Currently Steve, I'll be sticking with him for longer as I put big effort in learning him, hard bastard.

If I was at gun point I'd say the closest to my main in the series is Lee.

But I also play tons of Beak, Paul, Lei, Jin, Heihachi, Leo, Wang etc. I'd love to be good with King but it seems I don't have the skills to perform instant Shining Wizard on reaction(cries).

I'd love to try Jun in Tag again after eternity of absence.

El Sloth

Banned
Re-posting this in all the fighting game threads:

This seems like a good time to post that I just set up what I hope to be a FGC catch-all channel for GAF on IRC:

#gafilluminati (props to Stabby McSter for the name!)

on Dorksnet servers (irc.wiicafe.com, irc.gamecubecafe.com, irc.browsingtheinternet.com))

Mibbit link for those that don't have a chat program:
http://mibbit.com/?channel=#gafilluminati&server=irc.browsingtheinternet.com

I recommend downloading XChat or mIRC though.

It's pretty quiet right now, but it was only literally just made 20 minutes ago. Probably best used during streams, but come and talk about whatever the hell you guys want.

Pachimari

I just take it from Tekken Zaibatsu (I'm just saving them and uploading them to imgur), but maybe I should stop posting them in this thread?
I'm just thinking it fits the Tekken community thread. :)

Got my Christie Monteiro Kotobukiya Bishoujo figure today by the way but I returned it and will get a new one sent. I pre-ordered Asuka Kazama today as well and is close to pulling the trigger on 2 HORI Officially Licensed Real Arcade V3 SA sticks.

Pachimari

Some scratches on the foot, a plastic piece on the butt and she were a little loose on the base. I don't know if it's normal with figures but they told me to return it. I got pictures of it in the figures thread.

Sayah

What is this? I don't even. Damn, I need to be active on that site. I made an account sometime ago but have never used it. Thank you! :D

I just take it from Tekken Zaibatsu (I'm just saving them and uploading them to imgur), but maybe I should stop posting them in this thread?
I'm just thinking it fits the Tekken community thread. :)

Got my Christie Monteiro Kotobukiya Bishoujo figure today by the way but I returned it and will get a new one sent. I pre-ordered Asuka Kazama today as well and is close to pulling the trigger on 2 HORI Officially Licensed Real Arcade V3 SA sticks.

Oh nah, that's not what I intended. Keep posting them to this thread. I wouldn't even know about them otherwise. I was just thinking about a separate neogaf thread just for the art so it could be compiled together in one place and I could look at it through one post rather than have to surf through different pages for the art. But since crook posted that Zaibatsu thread, I guess it's fine now. :p

Top Bottom