• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

Dereck

T6 debuted that piece of shit Bob.

Fuck Tekken 6.
uoIoq50.png

HeelPower

I like TTT2 over it and I'm currently having pains with that game.

TTT2 broke my resolve...I can't stand playing it for long at all.

I honestly hate the game ,but I love watching pros play.I realize that there is tremendous depth and skill to be found in the game.

So I appreciate it ,but I hate it.

I genuinely loved T6BR.

So, besides the Scenerio Campaign I don't get why most people don't like Tekken 6. I think Tekken 6 is the best one, how are other Tekkens better or worse IYO?
My issue wasn't the mechanics or the scenario at all.

It was the roster additions and unnecessary changes to some characters.

Lars and Bob designs basically shitted on the the whole dynamic of what high tier meant, IMO. High tier up to that point *usually* required high skill and execution to realize the character's potential. These two clowns redefined that dynamic by being low execution / high tier. To me, it was a big slap in the face to Mishimas, Ninas, even Steve players.

The other issue was more personal. While characters like Nina started off good and only got better over time, chars like Ling and Yoshi lagged behind. By the time T6 came around, Yoshi went through some kind of weird tekken puberty. He had his awkward "experimental phase" in T4, got back on track in T5, then went through the WTF grinder in T6.

I will admit he got smoothed out pretty well in TTT2, but I still think the splitting of his moves between stances was just an unnecessary complication.

GrayFoxPL

Lars and Bob designs basically shitted on the the whole dynamic of what high tier meant, IMO. High tier up to that point *usually* required high skill and execution to realize the character's potential. These two clowns redefined that dynamic by being low execution / high tier. To me, it was a big slap in the face to Mishimas, Ninas, even Steve players.

The other issue was more personal. While characters like Nina started off good and only got better over time, chars like Ling and Yoshi lagged behind. By the time T6 came around, Yoshi went through some kind of weird tekken puberty. He had his awkward "experimental phase" in T4, got back on track in T5, then went through the WTF grinder in T6.

I will admit he got smoothed out pretty well in TTT2, but I still think the splitting of his moves between stances was just an unnecessary complication.

I know what you mean.

And yeah, they went overboard with Yoshi. While I'll had great fun in learning him in Tag2 he's super difficult to play without resorting to cheap shots. He needs to be more straightforward.

I loved his costumes in T4 and he could steal god fist! Come on, give him move stealing back.

If you look at other games....this is exactly what high tiers are. Rarely is a high execution character high tier and if they are, they rarely place or are played well.

I have no issue with this either because it makes sense for a low execution character with good buttons to be high tier.

If you look at other games....this is exactly what high tiers are. Rarely is a high execution character high tier and if they are, they rarely place or are played well.

I have no issue with this either because it makes sense for a low execution character with good buttons to be high tier.

Huh?

High tier and high skill req has gone hand in hand since at least T3. Have you been playing the same games as the rest of us?

No offense, but I think sometimes you argue the opposite point just for the sake of argument and not to actually make a point.

Low execution chars should be high tier? What world am I in? This just seems like an argument made by someone who either lacks the historical perspective of experience or just an attempt to nitpick for the sake of trolling.

There's just no logic in it, I'm sorry. Higher tier characters should be rewarded by having to work harder to be better than those who just press buttons.

Oh and by the way, we're not talking about other games. Why would you need to reference them in a discussion about the evolution of THIS game?

Huh?

High tier and high skill req has gone hand in hand since at least T3. Have you been playing the same games as the rest of us?

Low execution chars should be high tier? What world am I in? This just seems like an argument made by someone who either lacks the historical perspective of experience or just an attempt to nitpick for the sake of trolling.

There's just no logic in it, I'm sorry. Higher tier characters should be rewarded by having to work harder to be better than those who just press buttons.

No Aris argues this point to. In most games, the characters that are good but require less execution tend to be higher tier. Nightmare and Xianghua? OG Sagat? Ken? Chun? Amy in SC4 Yun both times he wss top tier? Steve and Jin in T4? Devil in TTT1? Ogres in TTT1? Jinpachi in TTT2 to get even more recent(debatable I know lol).

More often than not low execution character with good moves(since you seemed to miss that.) tend to really be top tier when actually looking at results and who plays who.
That's not to say high execution characters can't be top tier or shouldn't, its just that it mostly follows that low execution characters are top tier in a lot of games and just because a character has high execution means that they should be top tier or vice versa.

AAK

Tekken 6 also had THE MOST atrocious load times. If you were playing that game at a tournament station that didn't have it installed on the PS3 HDD... it took forever to load.

I also hated the nerfed movement. Back that I wasn't any good, but I could still feel like I was travelling through mud. Thankfully TTT2 fixed this as well.

Tekken 6 was also the game that (like Famicom mentioned) homogenized the cast. Every character including Jacks and Paul became jugglers. Before Paul and Jack were major power hitting characters, but in T6 they had to resort to juggles only. TTT2 did fix this with grounded hits doing more damage than before giving some of that character back to the roster.

Tekken 6 also completely removed the 8 frame jab properties a lot of the characters had taking away a lot of uniqueness the characters like Xiaoyu had. Of coarse giving an 8 frame jab to Julia was kind broken and such but I still felt the mechanic should have stayed but attempted to balance the characters around it rather than abolish it completely.

And on the topic of Bob... on paper Bob sounds like a brilliant idea. After Tekken has given homages to Jackie Chan with Lei, Bruce Lee with Law, Tiger Mask with King, etc... it sounds too perfect to give Sammo Hung a representation in Tekken as well with Bob. But boy oh boy... the execution of Bob turned him out to be the devil. Whatever Sammo Hung was present has long been exorcised haha.

But then we come to the presentation of Tekken 6. Like TTT2 only 3 characters got new outifts. Xiaoyu, Nina, and Jin (with Jin being the only one with the default outfit being new). As I'm sure you guys have heard a million times I can't stand this. But that's not the biggest offender. Tekken 6 was presented as this entire bootleg-reboot to introduce Xbox fans to Tekken which was once synonymous with Playstation. And hence they took the Mishima's out of the leading roles and made Alisa and Lars the main characters of the game. I really hated that... especially with them making two characters who aren't even practitioners of a martial art the new leading roles of the series. And then again, the execution of that story in Scenario campaign was bluntly pathetic.

And of coarse, the netcode = garbage.

It was still Tekken and I enjoyed it, but there were a lot of things I wasn't a fan of. I played the hell out of it but I don't look back at it as fondly as I did the other Tekkens.

But Tekken 5 had so much BS that was rescued by it's incredible soundtrack and "fresh" new feel.

Gonna beat a dead horse here but whatever, I'm bored.

My point still stands, Mishimas and Nina in general remain top tier AND are high execution both. It is my opinion that this dynamic should not change. Bob and Lars changed that to being top tier / low execution. I'm stating my opinion that I don't like this addition, not that it doesn't exist.

Oh, and Jin and Steve weren't low exec chars in T4. T4 was all about just frames, which were NOT low exec requirements.

Screw the other games, BTW. I'm tired of this homogenized attempt to make all games the same.

. But that's not the biggest offender. Tekken 6 was presented as this entire bootleg-reboot to introduce Xbox fans to Tekken which was once synonymous with Playstation. And hence they took the Mishima's out of the leading roles and made Alisa and Lars the main characters of the game.

.....I need to see some receipts on this man lol. That sounds like some console fanboy bs because I don't remember Tekken 6 being marketed like that. It seemed like a wise business decision because the PS3 was barely selling and the 360 was the main system to be on at the time.

Gonna beat a dead horse here but whatever, I'm bored.

My point still stands, Mishimas and Nina in general remain top tier AND are high execution both. It is my opinion that this dynamic should not change. Bob and Lars changed that to being top tier / low execution. I'm stating my opinion that I don't like this addition, not that it doesn't exist.

Oh, and Jin and Steve weren't low exec chars in T4. T4 was all about just frames, which were NOT low exec requirements.

Screw the other games, BTW. I'm tired of this homogenized attempt to make all games the same.

I think that its impossible for that dynamic to be a dynamic in the first place. This is isn't about homogenizing this about characters who have low execution barriers being top tier. There's nothing wrong with that. Like my example with the Ogres, this has always been a thing and its never been just the mishimas. I wouldn't blame Tekken 6 for this, its a fighting game thing. It would be pretty stupid to just balance a game where high execution characters are high tier because that's not a balanced game. Balance isn't everything but to balance that way is really silly.

AAK

I remember reading an interview with Harada saying how he welcomes the Xbox community and how he's going to have a recap of the entire series in the game to bring them up to speed with the PS3 owners. I can't find it right now but I distinctly remember hearing that quote.

HeelPower

Tekken 6 was also the game that (like Famicom mentioned) homogenized the cast. Every character including Jacks and Paul became jugglers. Before Paul and Jack were major power hitting characters, but in T6 they had to resort to juggles only. TTT2 did fix this with grounded hits doing more damage than before giving some of that character back to the roster.

There is no homogenization in Tekken 6.

There were some tools that some characters had to give a logical,coherent backbone to the punishment system in the game.

If characters were homogenized ,mastering one would mean mastering a great number or all of them.

This is anything but true in Tekken 6.People barely got good with more than one character at a time.

There is immense depth and variety required to master different characters in the game.

DEATH™

There were some tools that some characters had to give a logical,coherent backbone to the punishment system in the game.

If characters were homogenized ,mastering one would mean mastering a great number or all of them.

This is anything but true in Tekken 6.People barely got good with more than one character at a time.

Actually, this is true in general. There is this thing called Tekken Fundamentals where when you got it, you already have the basic building blocks to play most of the chars. This is a consequence of the homogenizing the cast. At least a character need to have good movement, nice punishers, all sorts of pokes and launchers. This mentality probably caused the homogenization of the cast...

What's bad about this too is, if a character doesn't have good tools that allows you to play fundamental tekken, that character is considered low tier, which includes some of the "trickster" chars.

Maybe you didn't see it on Tekken 6, but players switch mains from time to time. The question is, if the character plays easy enough to play. Why bust out electrics if you can play lars and bob? (This supports Cosmic's rant about Tekken 6. Its a stupid design decision IMO just to make upstart noobs to be able to compete sooner, and because of that, you end up with EVO Bobfest).

AAK

There is immense depth and variety required to master different characters in the game.

The degree of homogenization you are referring to is bigger than mine. BUT I still disagree with you. If you understand the fundamentals of one character in Tekken with the exception of the outliers like Xiaoyu/Yoshimitsu/Zafina that break the "rules" you can transfer them to other characters far easier than most other fighting games.

Tekken doesn't have things like a Drive button in Blazblue or Shun's drinks count like in virtua fighter to give each of their characters a certain distinct flair. Maybe that changes now with Claudio but I don't see it being as big of a game changer as the other games.

Regardless, characters having a different speed of their fastest attack definitely gave variance. It is one of those tools that make characters unique. Tekken 6 definitely did take that away.

The reason why that EVO had so many Bobs was because the people that made top 8 like Kor and Fab played Bob. That was just one weird EVO but people always point it out. Still think Law was a better character though. That was just a really boring finals. Look at any other tournament it was much different.

Anywho

I never saw anyone who played "noob" character get good all of a sudden. Like Bob or Lars just make you good really? Sure you learn the game faster because they're pretty much straight forward but that's ok. A game shouldn't be designed with tiers in mind anyways.

AAK

I never saw anyone who played "noob" character get good all of a sudden. Like Bob or Lars just make you good really? Sure you learn the game faster because they're pretty much straight forward but that's ok. A game shouldn't be designed with tiers in mind anyways.

Oh my I mean definitely. Here look at this for example, Lars's d/f+2 is a

-high crush
-mid
-15 frame
-CH launcher
- tracks completely to his right, and tracks people who sidestep his left
- floats for a juggle

And hence with this, the only way to beat this move is to sidewalk right. As a Lars player you know that. And if I have the life lead with Lars, I know I can just 1,2 to keep you honest when you want to break apart my defence I can just d/f+2 you to take care of 90% of the situations. All I have to watch out for SWR... and for that Lars has b+1, another safe tool.

The thinking process during defense for a Lars players is ridiculously easier than for someone else. So I definitely think someone who is technically inferior can prevail further with Lars than someone else.

And then there is the consideration of how EASY it is to convert off of stray juggles with him. As a Hwoarang or Raven player it's so really difficult to get a random pickup where I can convert to a full combo. Lars just has a magical d/b+2 into dynamic entry for all those things. It's the same read and a MASSIVELY different reward that can instantly change the outcome of the match.

You know I recently started to appreciate a character like True Orge. He works differently than the rest of the cast, being that power hitting character that was missing from the T6 series.

Sayah

We don't have a title yet, but is AAK making the next thread?

The title suggested by Famicom is perfect.

TTT2 |OT2| We're up all night to get Lucky Chloe

But it's up to AAK and since he hates chloes, idk. :p

After over two years of the game's release, we're getting a second thread. How interesting.

The exception does not make the rule. Ogres were the exception of high tier / low exec for their time. They did not make a majority nor did they start a trend.

I'm sorry if you think easy to learn and win with is good, but it makes for boring results, aka the Bob vs Bob finals. That's what you get when you cater to casuals who are turned off by technical and difficult yet rewarding movelists.

T6 was the slippery slope that started all this. Catering to casuals may save the series, but won't be worth playing. T7 is looking to be a modified TR, and look at the flack that got. Yuck.

HeelPower

If you understand the fundamentals of one character in Tekken with the exception of the outliers like Xiaoyu/Yoshimitsu/Zafina that break the "rules" you can transfer them to other characters far easier than most other fighting games.

DEATH™;143346877 said:
Actually, this is true in general. There is this thing called Tekken Fundamentals where when you got it, you already have the basic building blocks to play most of the chars..

If you guys were right,people wouldn't complain about TTT2 being a difficult game and Namco wouldn't feel the need to introduce freaking clones in there.

Mastering movement and understandings the basics of punishment is all good in theory but it just doesn't apply in practice.

There way too many nuances to characters in Tekken and true mastery is a result of having every single nuance of these available reflexively at the palm of your hand.

Characters vary greatly in the make up of moves you have to use to be an effective player and a transfer to a different character at a high level is never an easy Job.

Look at people like only practice,Saint and Chanel.Why do these guys still main Nina ,Ganryu and Alisa ? Why do they rarely(if ever) switch their mains when they are in a serious competition ?

Its not easy being great at multiple characters in Tekken and very few players have actually demonstrated that in the real world.

I can only think of Knee as someone who can just jump around characters as he likes.

The exception does not make the rule. Ogres were the exception of high tier / low exec for their time. They did not make a majority nor did they start a trend.

I'm sorry if you think easy to learn and win with is good, but it makes for boring results, aka the Bob vs Bob finals. That's what you get when you cater to casuals who are turned off by technical and difficult yet rewarding movelists.

T6 was the slippery slope that started all this. Catering to casuals may save the series, but won't be worth playing. T7 is looking to be a modified TR, and look at the flack that got. Yuck.

T6 didn't start that...all fiction. Bob and Lars are the same exceptions as Ogres. We always point out to that Bob vs Bob finals but that was only ONE Bob v Bob finals. yes it was boring, but there was nothing telling about it other than some best players in the US at the time not named GM,Anakin, Rip, JFJ played Bob. That's it. Law was just as bad if not worse. DJ was strong too and I think even better? Bryan? Steve? Bruce? That was one finals get over it...

TR got flack due to stats, a wack F2P system and invincible moves. Nobody really played the game to make a proper judgement of it.

AAK

The title suggested by Famicom is perfect.

TTT2 |OT2| We're up all night to get Lucky Chloe

But it's up to AAK and since he hates chloes, idk. :p

After over two years of the game's release, we're getting a second thread. How interesting.

Yeah I'm gonna use that one since most people liked it.... But Chloe should still die! :p

I'm probably just gonna copy and paste the OP from this thread onto that one I think... isn't that what usually happens for OT2's?

Oh, and Setno is streaming, AAK is in the room, I left earlier

http://www.twitch.tv/setnomessej

Got off when Project Run Away came on... the connection was horrid between us :(

If you guys were right,people wouldn't complain about TTT2 being a difficult game and Namco wouldn't feel the need to introduce freaking clones in there.

Mastering movement and understandings the basics of punishment is all good in theory but it just doesn't apply in practice.

There way too many nuances to characters in Tekken and true mastery is a result of having every single nuance of these available reflexively at the palm of your hand.

Characters vary greatly in the make up of moves you have to use to be an effective player and a transfer to a different character at a high level is never an easy Job.

Look at people like only practice,Saint and Chanel.Why do these guys still main Nina ,Ganryu and Alisa ? Why do they rarely(if ever) switch their mains when they are in a serious competition ?

Its not easy being great at multiple characters in Tekken and very few players have actually demonstrated that in the real world.

I can only think of Knee as someone who can just jump around characters as he likes.

I am one of those people who believes that Tekken's difficulty is insanely overblown. I find something like Guilty Gear XX harder than Tekken but that's for a different story.

I can name many other top players who pull other characters in tournament:

JDCR: Used Dragunov and Kazuya a bunch of times in TTT2's tournament cycle. In T6 he played Bryan and Heihachi alongside Armor King at EVO.

Help Me: Main team is Lars/Lee but he switched a number of times to Paul in tournament. But this man is a master of nearly every character... I'd say he's a greater multi-character specialist than Knee.

Anakin: He won the entirety of KiT2014 with Marduk and Mokujin. Brought out Eddy as well when he lost to JDCR at MLG. He primarily plays the Jacks.

Speedkicks: Uses Lars in conjunction with his main team of Hwoarang/Jin

JustFrameJames: Pulled out Hwoarang in Top 8 2 years ago along with his main Yoshimitsu/Law

Hankuma: In DamaGermany when he fought Ryan Hart, Ryan Hart destroyed his bears so he switched to Leo to win.

Asim from the UK: His main team is Lars/Eddy but he's won plenty of tournaments playing with Miguel/Marduk/Armor King.

I remember FightingGM pull out Lee/Lars in a tournamnet when his double lee team was getting rocked.

And that's just from the top of my head. There are so many of these instances

T6 didn't start that...all fiction. Bob and Lars are the same exceptions as Ogres. We always point out to that Bob vs Bob finals but that was only ONE Bob v Bob finals. yes it was boring, but there was nothing telling about it other than some best players in the US at the time not named GM,Anakin, Rip, JFJ played Bob. That's it. Law was just as bad if not worse. DJ was strong too and I think even better? Bryan? Steve? Bruce? That was one finals get over it...

TR got flack due to stats, a wack F2P system and invincible moves. Nobody really played the game to make a proper judgement of it.

I feel like you are arguing with yourself or someone else, because you keep bringing up points that have nothing to do with this. Do you understand that those exceptions that you keep downplaying are actually BAD for the game? Tekken got a ton of hell for those Bob vs Bob finals. The game's popularity started down hill because of this crap, and it was justified. You can argue that making the game more casual friendly will help the series, but it sure did nothing for TTT2. Lars and Bob were in that game as well and look how it turned out in popularity. Even with adding clones and solo play, it still wasn't casual enough.

TR's flack was also justified. How much "analysis" of a shallow, watered down, gutted version of Tekken do you need to see that it deserved the crap it got. T7 is still following TR's lead, but I think the dev team learned from their mistakes. Yes, they watered down invincibles as armor moves and got rid of the RPG elements. This was an improvement, but then they went further with rage arts and LC, which put them back again. 2 steps forward, 3 steps back.

Anyways, I feel like I'm arguing with a wall. It's pointless to counter illogic with logic when all it wants to do is nitpick trivialities and bring up irrelevant issues in order to have the last word.

I'm moving on.

I think you're splitting hairs here. Death is right, you can discuss fundamentals and specific characters separately without blurring the issue. Yes, mastering all the characters in the game is a mountain to climb, but most vets don't even do this and still perform consistently. Mastering fundamentals is a giant step forward to winning in this game, and is more important that learning 1000 nuances. There's a reason that most characters have a "top ten" list on TZ and other sites, because only a handful of moves from each character define them and pose any real threat. The rest is dealt mostly with... you guessed it, fundamentals.

Sorry, but this isn't street fighter. It's not meant for you to jump in and "get gud" within a week or even a month. Tekken, IMO, is the chess to which all other games of checkers is compared. VF gets an honorable mention, I have a lot of respect for that game too. Sadly, VF may be the last "chess" in the FGC at the rate this is going.

sasuke_91

Back when I played Tekken 6, I had the impression that all my opponent had to do was launch and juggle me. It was frustrating, because I wasn't any good and the spammers Online were annoying. I didn't really care about Bob or Lars, I had a problem with the game overall. It's been a while since I last played the game, so I have no idea how I feel about it now.

I tried playing at my friend's place yesterday. He has the same router and the same provider as me, yet I didn't have ANY problems when I played ranked or World Arena. I played 6 matches and didn't get a single "Kommunikationsfehler ist aufgetreten", went to World Arena and challenged a US player I could never connect with and played him with no problems. So annoying...

DEATH™

I really don't know how to play against Steve.

Turtle him out and don't be afraid to use launch punishable standing moves time to time. Aside WS 1+2 (hellsweep punisher), he doesn't have any punishers to launch you, and his major threat to launch you comes from CHs. Just don't give him those CH opportunities and you will make him work hard for his damage.

Dereck

DEATH™;143463526 said:
Turtle him out and don't be afraid to use launch punishable standing moves time to time. Aside WS 1+2 (hellsweep punisher), he doesn't have any punishers to launch you, and his major threat to launch you comes from CHs. Just don't give him those CH opportunities and you will make him work hard for his damage.
What moves out of flicker and peekabo are CH launchers?

sasuke_91

What moves out of flicker and peekabo are CH launchers?
You really don't have to be afraid of launchers out of flicker. He doesn't really have any ch launchers out of that stance either.
Peek a boo is another story. 2 is a ch launcher, df2 is a normal launcher, d2 is a ch launcher (I get more than 100 dmg out of that), uf2 is a normal launcher (great tool for whiff punishing up close, launch punishable though).
Other than that, he has b1 (13 startup frames, launches on ch, great damage), f3,2, df2 and WS+2 that launch on ch.

I probably forgot a lot of moves. I'm on mobile, so typing is hard :p

Steve was one of the few characters outside of King and AO that pulled me away from my main (Yoshi), I liked him that much. It's a shame to see he has been taken down a few notches over the last few games.

I wonder if a Steve / Yoshi team would be any good. I'm tempted to try it, but having two characters on a team that struggle with turtles and are patient seems like an excercise in futility. That, and he seems to require Williams' like dexterity to make the most of his potential. I feel like I'm constantly having to input NASA launch codes with those girls as it is just to do combos, so maybe I should just remain a Steve fan for now :)

Sayah

Just one more major assignment before I'm done. I was on the verge of breaking down last week.....made it through somehow. Lucky Chloe hilarity was really the relief I needed, haha.

Just a little more and I can play Smash and Tekken more freely. Or maybe I'll start and invest time into Bayonetta 2. :)

Just one more major assignment before I'm done. I was on the verge of breaking down last week.....made it through somehow. Lucky Chloe hilarity was really the relief I needed, haha.

Just a little more and I can play Smash and Tekken more freely. Or maybe I'll start and invest time into Bayonetta 2. :)

I'm glad you recovered, the reactions to Chloe also helped get through finals this semester.

Well for starters aesthetically speaking its not a colorful as T5DR. Its drab and dark. Rage and Bound are another. The fact that the game was getting overloaded starting being felt. Online was garbage. Lack of the story mode from T5.

Just to name a few. T5DR is probably the BEST Tekken though. I can't say that about 6 even though I played the shit out of it.

If I remember correctly, Tekken 5DR Online was absolutely horrendous and potentially even worst than Tekken 6:BR which is saying a mouthful. Also, Tekken 6 was amazing as was Tekken 5:DR. Each has their pros and cons, but yeah I must admit that Tekken 6 did introduce some controversial content that people/players I know that loved Tekken didn't particularly care for such as casual friendly characters and longer combos.

Manbig

In my opinion, the only two real improvements that Tekken 6 introduced was semi universal oki improvement thanks to bound (not necessarily bound itself though) and a bunch of punishers for a lot of characters to fill in the -11 to -14 gap.

I hate pretty much every single other thing that it introduced.

GrayFoxPL

Sometimes I have urge to play through T6 scenario to see what characters say in those few sentences, but that's on youtube, so no need. This mode is so bad. Much worse then T4 Force mode because the lock on is so terrible.

But I'd like to play someone close in T5DR Online I heard the closest connections in DR may be better then in T6.

Sasuke, you have DR Online?

you know what got more hate than it deserved?

Devil Within

I guess it was alright, but I think that Scenario mode was a lot better.

The few problems that I had with Scenario mode was:
- The lack of local play.
- The inability to change characters in the middle of the campaign UNLESS you unlock that character from the campaign itself (or randomly from ghost mode iirc).
- You're stuck with Alisa as your partner if you're playing solo. It would've been nice if I could replace her so I can get items for characters other than her.
-The Godawful, shitty ass netcode.

GrayFoxPL

Nope. I sometimes think about buying it though. Higher tier Steve, 8 frame jabs, different juggle mechanics. Could be interesting^^

Great Tekken to jump in since loadings are short.

There's no story mode but all the rest are in. Great game to learn reactions and movement because on ultra and even very hard the cpu in ghost battles fights like a maniac.

Awesome thing is almost double the stages: from Vanila and from DR plus DR exclusive stages and double the music. Feng's rocks. Shockwaaaveee!

I love DR stages, full of color and awesome soundtrack.

I recommend it even if online doesn't work. I saw some time ago 3 guys playing but it auto kicked me from room.

Btw for fight money you buy customizations and not like Tag2 you wont have millions after an hour. But I love those original customs per every character, like Kaz has blonde slicked back hair and bandaged arms.

Also buying artwork in gallery for fightmoney.

Sayah

I LOVE TEKKEN 6. It is the best 1v1 Tekken game as far as gameplay is concerned (imo). I could never go back to playing without bound. Really glad Tekken 7 will offer tailspin as an alternative.

Am I just learning this or has Asuka's counter always been escapable? Or is it new for Tekken 7?

Because wow, that would be amazing. No more Asuka players spontaneously mashing to counter.

you know what got more hate than it deserved?

Devil Within

People actually hated Devil Within? I loved Devil Within. Hated Scenario Campaign in Tekken 6, though.

Top Bottom