• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 |OT| Awaiting the "Final Battle"

sasuke_91

Great Tekken to jump in since loadings are short.

There's no story mode but all the rest are in. Great game to learn reactions and movement because on ultra and even very hard the cpu in ghost battles fights like a maniac.

Awesome thing is almost double the stages: from Vanila and from DR plus DR exclusive stages and double the music. Feng's rocks. Shockwaaaveee!

I love DR stages, full of color and awesome soundtrack.

I recommend it even if online doesn't work. I saw some time ago 3 guys playing but it auto kicked me from room.

Btw for fight money you buy customizations and not like Tag2 you wont have millions after an hour. But I love those original customs per every character, like Kaz has blonde slicked back hair and bandaged arms.

Also buying artwork in gallery for fightmoney.

Just looked for it in PSN store. 10€ is not too bad for a "remaster" (not really a remaster, but yeah...). I don't know, maybe I'll buy it on a whim someday :p

People actually hated Devil Within? I loved Devil Within. Hated Scenario Campaign in Tekken 6, though.

I hated Devil Within because I always had to replay the whole thing whenever my Memory Card would delete my Tekken save :D
First playthrough was really cool though. I care about Jin's story and read everything there was to read. A LOT better than T6 campaign. I skipped every cutscene and dialogue in that one.

Someone from TZ posted this.
http://i.imgur.com/1OyInOB.jpg?1

I don't agree with this all the way but I can kinda see it minus Jinpachi and the lack of Anna ,Bob,Raven and Christie.

Final roster might be a little bigger, but that one's pretty likely in my opinion.

Sayah

I hated Devil Within because I always had to replay the whole thing whenever my Memory Card would delete my Tekken save :D
First playthrough was really cool though. I care about Jin's story and read everything there was to read. A LOT better than T6 campaign. I skipped every cutscene and dialogue in that one.

I only played it once, haha. The age of unlocking characters is over. :(

Bob is not going anywhere we must face this fact lol.
Kuni over Raven? lol

I wonder the exact number Harada has planned for the roster.

I'm gonna put my guess at 40 total by the time the console release is out.

Also, that roster is missing devil kazumi

It would definitely be interesting if that list was close to accurate.

The omission of Bob would be a huge statement by Namco, rather than just toning him down.

The red flag to me is the addition of Kuni. I realize she had a cult following on some sites in TTT2, but still. Was she really that popular?

It's fun to speculate I guess

Edit - I don't see Lei among others, so yeah, 32 is cutting it short. If it goes up to a generous 40, I guess we'd get: Lei, Raven, Christie, Bob (sorry), Ganny, Korean chick... Not sure on last two. Anna and Bruce? Idk.

Edit 2 - replying to below:
My main issue when it comes to Kuni is Harada never tried with her.
He makes her shit in Tag 1 and then wanted to say she was not popular and the least used.

What do you expect when you make half assed changes?
Tag 2 is a step in the right direction and honestly since she wears a mask it doesn't have to be Tekken 2 Kuni.
Agreed with all of this.

However, I think it was the dev's intention to not mess with the balance of power overall. Kuni was relatively crap compared to Yoshi, and he was relatively crap compared to Mishimas and other high tier chars. I guess they didn't want to change this dynamic.

Case in point: Kuni and especially Angel.

Much of the older cast was updated and improved to fit in the new game, but not so much that they upset the balance of power.

Just a hunch, anyway.

He makes her shit in Tag 1 and then wanted to say she was not popular and the least used.

What do you expect when you make half assed changes?
Tag 2 is a step in the right direction and honestly since she wears a mask it doesn't have to be Tekken 2 Kuni.

Manbig

Where before Chloe's announcement, I would have bought the game if Marduk didn't make it in, I am currently at no Marduk = no buy status.

Sayah

Where before Chloe's announcement, I would have bought the game if Marduk didn't make it in, I am currently at no Marduk = no buy status.

You're fine with this and various other forms of hooliganism in the past titles........

jbeUpIPwywuGaH.jpg

But one character makes or breaks the game now? Okay, I guess. it's your opinion and your money so I'm not going to be the one judging.

You're fine with this and various other forms of hooliganism in the past titles........

jbeUpIPwywuGaH.jpg

But one character makes or breaks the game now? Okay, I guess. it's your opinion and your money so I'm not going to be the one judging.
It's the double whammy effect that turns people off. Lotta folks will be losing their mains, while seeing goofball characters replace them. They are getting burned twice.

And not just fringe chars are possibly cut either, but mainstays like Marduk, Raven (who was a sizable part of T6 story), Christie, etc.

As much as I didn't like the transition to T4, at least there was merging of most similar characters. At least King is getting some AK stuff, but who's absorbing Marduk if he's out.

... Oh god I just had s terrible notion. What if Yoshi becomes a blend of Raven and Kuni... what if after this ending...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIenLlgHYEM&sns=em

... Yoshi goes all Vader mode and wipes out Raven and Kuni, absorbing some of their moves, and possibly summons them during his Rage Art as some kind of ninja threesome?

I gotta lay off the sugar for awhile, FFS.

Manbig

jbeUpIPwywuGaH.jpg

It feels like I've explained this 100 times already.

Using "Oh, this series has a history of stupid shit." does not excuse the addition of even more stupider shit.

No, I was never okay with a lot of that stupid shit.

I am extra not okay with losing my main character for more of said stupid shit.

Lucky Chloe is the worst of a trend of stupid shit that pretty much surpasses my limit to deal with said stupid shit.

This is a fighting game, so there is no such thing as ignoring the shitpile of stupid shit that's going to constantly assault my senses while playing the game.

I get it man. You're a hardcore Tekken fan and want to support it.

I was a pretty hardcore Tekken fan too, and I almost don't give a FUUUUUUUUUUCK about whether it lives or dies anymore due to this constant stupid decision making.

I've come around enough on the nonsense to at least give it a shot, so long as Marduk shows up. Simple as that.

Sayah

I learned that Rip has an account here, wish the wanker would say hello.

Also, stop with the 30 mb gif's Sayah. God damn.

I didn't realized I posted a heavy gif again. Sorry.

It feels like I've explained this 100 times already.

Using "Oh, this series has a history of stupid shit." does not excuse the addition of even more stupider shit.

No, I was never okay with a lot of that stupid shit.

I am extra not okay with losing my main character for more of said stupid shit.

Lucky Chloe is the worst of a trend of stupid shit that pretty much surpasses my limit to deal with said stupid shit.

This is a fighting game, so there is no such thing as ignoring the shitpile of stupid shit that's going to constantly assault my senses while playing the game.

I get it man. You're a hardcore Tekken fan and want to support it.

I was a pretty hardcore Tekken fan too, and I almost don't give a FUUUUUUUUUUCK about whether it lives or dies anymore due to this constant stupid decision making.

I've come around enough on the nonsense to at least give it a shot, so long as Marduk shows up. Simple as that.

I don't think it's a matter of adding stupid shit just for the sake of it. It's more a matter of what's popular. If the devs knew this stuff wouldn't fly with their audience, they wouldn't add it. Lars and Alisa, despite being widely hated on this forum for being anime, were also widely popular characters and still are. Lucky Chloe is only catering to that demographic more. On the alternate end, people who prefer the more serious designs will still have the majority of new characters still appealing to their tastes.

And with how fighting games are currently evolving, I guess you might as well be avoiding this entire genre (i.e. elphelt in guilty gear, skin bleaching treatment vanessa in VF, doa I don't even have to give an example for, etc).

It's the double whammy effect that turns people off. Lotta folks will be losing their mains, while seeing goofball characters replace them. They are getting burned twice.

And not just fringe chars are possibly cut either, but mainstays like Marduk, Raven (who was a sizable part of T6 story), Christie, etc.

As much as I didn't like the transition to T4, at least there was merging of most similar characters. At least King is getting some AK stuff, but who's absorbing Marduk if he's out.

... Oh god I just had s terrible notion. What if Yoshi becomes a blend of Raven and Kuni... what if after this ending...

... Yoshi goes all Vader mode and wipes out Raven and Kuni, absorbing some of their moves, and possibly summons them during his Rage Art as some kind of ninja threesome?

They haven't even announced all characters yet. One bad character design doesn't mean the entire roster of new characters is going to be Lucky Chloe replicas. Claudio and Katarina already disprove that. And we still have yet to see Devil Kazumi and the Arab character in addition to whatever else they have in store.

While the prospect of losing out Anna over someone like Chloe annoys me, I also realize that regardless of whether or not Chloe got created........Anna would have been out regardless if the devs decided to cut her. That's even if we hypothetically assume chloe was never created and there was a better designed character in her place. So, in the end, it wouldn't make a difference to me. I'm still gonna use chloe casually to mess around with her playstyle and see if I like her.....as I would do with any other new character. Clothing design can be easily fixed with customization options.

Manbig

I don't think it's a matter of adding stupid shit just for the sake of it. It's more a matter of what's popular. If the devs knew this stuff wouldn't fly with their audience, they wouldn't add it. Lars and Alisa, despite being widely hated on this forum for being anime, were also widely popular characters and still are. Lucky Chloe is only catering to that demographic more. On the alternate end, people who prefer the more serious designs will still have the majority of new characters still appealing to their tastes.

And with how fighting games are currently evolving, I guess you might as well be avoiding this entire genre (i.e. elphelt in guilty gear, skin bleaching treatment vanessa in VF, doa I don't even have to give an example for, etc).

I don't really care why they are doing it, I don't like it.

Claudio's design is pretty fucking stupid too.

And no, not every single fighting game series is doing this. Everyone has been staying in their lane except for Tekken. Amusingly enough, the last time Tekken did NOT go down this route was the last time most people, both casual and non casual, gave a shit about the series, Tekken 5.

They should just go back to what they did best. Copy and pasting character designs from action movies, sports, and pro wrestling.

Sayah

I don't really care why they are doing it, I don't like it.

Claudio's design is pretty fucking stupid too.

And no, not every single fighting game series is doing this. Everyone has been staying in their lane except for Tekken. Amusingly enough, the last time Tekken did NOT go down this route was the last time most people both casual and non casual gave a shit about the series, Tekken 5.

They should just go back to what they did best. Copy and pasting character designs from action movies, sports, and pro wrestling.

Claudio is okay. lol.

I am not disagreeing with your point that character design has gone down the gutter post-Tekken 5. At the same time, however, Tekken has maintained its essence. With the package of lars and alisas, we also get zafinas and leos. And the gameplay system, the most important aspect of any fighting game, has drastically evolved into top notch form forgetting the unbalanced days of past.

But as I said, if you don't pick it up, then that's your money and your choice (even if I find your reasoning unreasonable). I'll miss your stream tutorials and playing against you (and even then, that's if I'm still interested in video games by the time Tekken 7 releases). My interest is gradually waning.

And I disagree, a lot of fighting games are going down this path whether by adding customization options/troll features/or just plain terrible designs.

Slideshow below.

Compared to all of that, Lucky Chloe doesn't actually seem all that bad.

Manbig

Claudio is okay. lol.

I am not disagreeing with your point that character design has gone down the gutter post-Tekken 5. At the same time, however, Tekken has maintained its essence. With the package of lars and alisas, we also get zafinas and leos. And the gameplay system, the most important aspect of any fighting game, has drastically evolved into top notch form forgetting the unbalanced days of past.

But as I said, if you don't pick it up, then that's your money and your choice (even if I find your reasoning unreasonable). I'll miss your stream tutorials and playing against you (and even then, that's if I'm still interested in video games by the time Tekken 7 releases). My interest is gradually waning.

And I disagree, a lot of fighting games are going down this path whether by adding customization options/troll features/or just plain terrible designs.

Slideshow below.

Soul Calibur has had dumb character design like that since the second game, Street Fighter X Tekken was its own thing, BlazBlue was anime bullshit from the getgo, and I see no beef having a Space Channel 5 custom in a SEGA fighting game. I'd actually argue that it's badass that they have that and Namco should be adding customs that reference their back catalog too.

EDIT: Oh wait, that's Guilty Gear, not BlazBlue. My point still stands for that game too though.

Either way, as annoyed as I am about this whole thing, they do still have more characters to announce. I was excited about some of the changes in the early gameplay too, but like it has been for the past few games, it's one step forward, two steps back.

We'll see what happens.

chloe2.jpg

A face that only a fist could love.

Sayah

Soul Calibur has had dumb character design like that since the second game, Street Fighter X Tekken was its own thing, BlazBlue was anime bullshit from the getgo, and I see no beef having a Space Channel 5 custom in a SEGA fighting game. I'd actually argue that it's badass that they have that and Namco should be adding customs that reference their back catalog too.

Either way, as annoyed as I am about this whole thing, they do still have more characters to announce. I was excited about some of the changes in the early gameplay too, but like it has been for the past few games, it's one step forward, two steps back.

We'll see what happens.

SCV character designs are atrocious in contrast to past games. And despite that, it's my second favorite SC game after SCII.

That's Elphelt from Guilty Gear, a series, from what I can tell, is pronounced for its heavy metal themes.

SFXTK is just the start of dumb customization ideas by Capcom. I won't be surprised if SFV ends up following this theme with one of its characters. Actually, it will probably already fulfill that quota if R. Mika is in the game.

AAK

Lucky Chloe actually is the first time Namco really premiered a troll character as a prominent member of the cast.

In Tekken 1, Prototype Jack was just a palette swap of Jack and unlockable. He wasn't meant to be taken seriously and his design was stupid to boot. They gave him a better and more grounded design in Tekken 2 with finally more personality where you didn't have to just look at him and laugh.

The same thing with the animals in Tekken during the PS2 era. The animals were always just side characters that could easily have been taken as pallette swaps as well. Roger and Alex were basically King with a thunder god fist. Kuma was also a mixture of Heihachi, JAck and Ganryu with is own unique grabs. You could still tell the animals weren't meant to be taken seriously and the majority of the effort and budget to the characters went to the better half of the cast comprising of legitimate martial arts like Baek/Mishima's/Laws/etc.

Even then, the way Kuma animated was a bit overlooked too considering the level of animation quality there was at the time. We could excuse it but with Kuma existing and animating the way he is now in TTT2 and T6 in a game where you have characters like Steve, Baek, Lei definitely does drag the product down.

Same thing in Tekken 3 with Dr. B and Gon just being unlockable side characters that never belonged in the Arcade versions.

Tekken 4 kept things pretty cool from a character design perspective (minus Kuma) but its problems were rooted elsewhere.

Fast forward to Tekken 5 when Lili was revealed... at least Lili was revealed as a fighter. It wasn't a character that was there trolling you with the most infuriating lines like Lucky Chloe. Her outfits weren't that bad either wheras Chloe is simply donning the most mockery inducing outfit possible... I mean it's an outfit that physically won't allow the character to clench a fist! The impression I got of Lili in Tekken DR was more of a sassy fighter rather than a troll one. It was only until later in the series with T6 and TTT2 did she become a sex symbol and moe overlord.

The thing about Lucky Chloe that REALLY got me was how I was in the middle of doing my proposed big ass thread of reminiscing of the series in honor of the 20th Anniversary. Then ALL OF SUDDEN Harada revealed the Lucky Chloe trailer that just DREAILED everything I was trying to propogate that I loved about the series LOL. I still remembered the emotions running through me haha. After I slept on it I just came to the conclusion that I just had to stop caring so much.

I still love the series and I still want to enjoy the core aspect of Tekken that others will hopefully indulge in as well. But by GOD is the series a completely different product visually than what it was back in the PS1-PS2 days. And I can't hate on anyone saying "well this really isn't for me anymore" and peacing out.

*sigh* But I really want to stop talking about this damn character. It's almost 2015 and 3 months after that we'll be seeing Tekken 7 played by everyone in Asia. Gonna be a loooong wait till we can experience it. I doubt DOA5LR will get much love but I'll still play it. Might get into Mortal Kombat X and hope it'll crave my thirst till Tekken 7 comes out and wash away the bad 2D taste from my mouth :)

Also hope your assignment submission goes well Sayah!

Sayah

Lucky Chloe actually is the first time Namco really premiered a troll character as a prominent member of the cast.

In Tekken 1, Prototype Jack was just a palette swap of Jack and unlockable. He wasn't meant to be taken seriously and his design was stupid to boot. They gave him a better and more grounded design in Tekken 2 with finally more personality where you didn't have to just look at him and laugh.

The same thing with the animals in Tekken during the PS2 era. The animals were always just side characters that could easily have been taken as pallette swaps as well. Roger and Alex were basically King with a thunder god fist. Kuma was also a mixture of Heihachi, JAck and Ganryu with is own unique grabs. You could still tell the animals weren't meant to be taken seriously and the majority of the effort and budget to the characters went to the better half of the cast comprising of legitimate martial arts like Baek/Mishima's/Laws/etc.

Even then, the way Kuma animated was a bit overlooked too considering the level of animation quality there was at the time. We could excuse it but with Kuma existing and animating the way he is now in TTT2 and T6 in a game where you have characters like Steve, Baek, Lei definitely does drag the product down.

Same thing in Tekken 3 with Dr. B and Gon just being unlockable side characters that never belonged in the Arcade versions.

Tekken 4 kept things pretty cool from a character design perspective (minus Kuma) but its problems were rooted elsewhere.

Fast forward to Tekken 5 when Lili was revealed... at least Lili was revealed as a fighter. It wasn't a character that was there trolling you with the most infuriating lines like Lucky Chloe. Her outfits weren't that bad either wheras Chloe is simply donning the most mockery inducing outfit possible... I mean it's an outfit that physically won't allow the character to clench a fist! The impression I got of Lili in Tekken DR was more of a sassy fighter rather than a troll one. It was only until later in the series with T6 and TTT2 did she become a sex symbol and moe overlord.

The thing about Lucky Chloe that REALLY got me was how I was in the middle of doing my proposed big ass thread of reminiscing of the series in honor of the 20th Anniversary. Then ALL OF SUDDEN Harada revealed the Lucky Chloe trailer that just DREAILED everything I was trying to propogate that I loved about the series LOL. I still remembered the emotions running through me haha. After I slept on it I just came to the conclusion that I just had to stop caring so much.

I still love the series and I still want to enjoy the core aspect of Tekken that others will hopefully indulge in as well. But by GOD is the series a completely different product visually than what it was back in the PS1-PS2 days. And I can't hate on anyone saying "well this really isn't for me anymore" and peacing out.

*sigh* But I really want to stop talking about this damn character. It's almost 2015 and 3 months after that we'll be seeing Tekken 7 played by everyone in Asia. Gonna be a loooong wait till we can experience it. I doubt DOA5LR will get much love but I'll still play it. Might get into Mortal Kombat X and hope it'll crave my thirst till Tekken 7 comes out and wash away the bad 2D taste from my mouth :)

I don't know. Farting dinosaurs/bears and robot head bombs seems very high troll level to me too. I also don't think Lucky Chloe can top the king of trolling (i.e. Dr. B).

And my assignment is not going well. :( I'm procrastinating again watching random youtube videos and will be panicking all day tomorrow. But at least, after tomorrow, I'll be done (إن شاء الله).

Procrastinating is a bad habit that I can't seem to break. I work better under pressure for some reason too. The quality in my writing is far better. When I take my time with things, it ends up reading like trash. Awkward how that works.

I actually kind of dig Claudio from what I've seen so far. Definitely want to check him out.

His playstyle is interesting and different and I'm looking forward to using him.

AAK

But that's the thing I've been trying to say, the major difference between Lucky Chloe and animals is that the animals were never legitimate characters to begin with. Those characters were just characters with animations taken from other characters.

I'm not denying they weren't troll characters. BUT they were troll characters just meant to be aside characters that weren't prominently placed on a pedestal equal to the real martial artist cast of Tekken. Lucky Chloe and Alisa were characters that finally did, and I can see why it hinders the enjoyment of some people.

But I'm gonna stop posting now so don't expect a reply after this until you finish your assignment :p

Claudio?

I'm down with the Pope's personal assassin, sure. Bring on the exorcist. Bout time I say.

Mama Kazama couldn't cut it, so let's give Mr Gatti a try, I say.

DEATH™

This is partly what I'm frustrated about when the tekken team rates character popularity. They either ruin the character competitively (Baek and his nerfs) or give them unpleasing backstory/design (Ganryu and his perversion). Then they wonder why those characters aren't being played...

I mean, both things go hand in hand. You can't blame Kuni fans who liked her design and they cannot say they didn't play her enough because she sucked...

I'll say, sometimes you just need a little buff plus a fresh new coat of paint on some chars. Just look at Jaycee. Julia is one of the most unused char pre-TTT2 despite being strong. Come Jaycee and she got a new style plus more exciting, fun to play AND competent moveset to boot.

jbeUpIPwywuGaH.jpg

Just like Cosmic said, it's losing your cool mains AND replacing it with Lucky Chloe.

If an interview of Harada is to be taken serious, I will even see capos gone on this game. As much as people hate playing against capos, They are part of Tekken. Just having them gone will turn off alot of casuals and pros alike, whether or not the game is simplified or not.

At this point I would rather have that than fully deleting chars and the remaining chars absorbing their moves. You don't have to fully ruin the design of your remaining character while not fully deleting the non-returning chars.

I learned that Rip has an account here, wish the wanker would say hello.

Also, stop with the 30 mb gif's Sayah. God damn.

I honestly don't expect Rip to post here, especially since he's a popular Tekken player whose opinion can sway other people's opinions on a subject matter. Every single word he will say will be carefully nitpicked by both the community and Namco alike, especially here in GAF...

But that's the thing I've been trying to say, the major difference between Lucky Chloe and animals is that the animals were never legitimate characters to begin with. Those characters were just characters with animations taken from other characters.

I'm not denying they weren't troll characters. BUT they were troll characters just meant to be aside characters that weren't prominently placed on a pedestal equal to the real martial artist cast of Tekken. Lucky Chloe and Alisa were characters that finally did, and I can see why it hinders the enjoyment of some people.

But I'm gonna stop posting now so don't expect a reply after this until you finish your assignment :p

Have respect for the animals man. If your vision of Tekken is the all out ultimate martial artist flick, you gotta have animals.

I mean, look... Takamura fought a bear.. Even Baki fought an ape. You can't say those do not make the story irrelevant/joke, nor the animals themselves jokes too. If well designed, animals can add to the overall feel of the game. The question is if you present the animals as a huge and unique threat, as opposed to being joke characters.

But I still agree to your point. Whether you think animals fit in the Tekken world or not, they are not the primary focus of the game, that's why they are being kept around. Chloe though? That's another story. At least Lili in how she was presented in DR is nice. Her 2P outfit gave her a underground fighter feel (which she was in DR) and DAT neckbreaker df+1+2 throw. Dem she's totally gifted chick. Kinda reminiscing of Air Master.

It kinda irritates me to see the gaming press and outsiders point fingers at Tekken fans now because of Lucky Chloe. I mean I am definitely over the whole thing, but I am not going to talk down to those who aren't. This was a the 20th Anniversary of Tekken. A celebration for Tekken. Such an event was not the place to reveal a character that only appealed to one demographic. Then Harada had the nerve to degrade those of us that weren't exactly on board.

I mean I know it's Japan and all, but honestly I have lost respect for Japan in recent years anyway. But maybe I am strange for being offended as a man to see grown men dressing like female characters and its all cool. I am not so sure MEN actually exist in the Land of the Rising Sun anymore.

GrayFoxPL

I came to conclusion Harada dosen't really want to do Tekken anymore. It's like he's burned out so he's thinking about all those other things and games and just dosen't care anymore if shit fits or not. "Meh I'll ask SC and Idolmaster dudes to design characters for me. I feel empty."

If that's somwhere near the case then maybe someone else should take over as a director and let Harada go on his endevour.

I mean we're at the point where most of us think Harada is purposely making characters that troll old Tekken community.

And when he reads negative comments he doesn't justify making this character for any purpose or reason but trolls back with shit that could be interpreted as "I can do whatever I fucking want with Tekken, I'll make skinheads for you dumb fucks. I give ZERO fucks about opinion of those who don't like what I do."

I mean yesterday I saw new video from Korean test and my hype levels were zero because that build seems so shitty. I thought - does anyone wants this slow ass gameplay?

Pachimari

Lucky Chloe looks to be one great character. I just really love the design and clothing style but I'm a bit worried about her fighting style.

I also don't think we'll get a Devil Kazumi as playable character. We'll just get a normal Kazumi.

Someone from TZ posted this.
http://i.imgur.com/1OyInOB.jpg?1

I don't agree with this all the way but I can kinda see it minus Jinpachi and the lack of Anna ,Bob,Raven and Christie.
Where did he get this template? I wanna do my own.

Never heard of these clowns before. Why are they relevant again? Are these the next gen of game commentators that the world sorely needs more of?

Lol. I guess any 2 or 3 dweebs can have a camera and an opinion that we should give 2 shits about.

But to sum it up: "Please automatically accept whatever the developer decides to vomit up without question. Roll out the red carpet and offer the proper praise and worship and never have any opinions on the matter other than flowery adulation. Thank you, and #Gofuckyourself"

Well aren't they clever. Wait, who are they again?

Degen

I came to conclusion Harada dosen't really want to do Tekken anymore. It's like he's burned out so he's thinking about all those other things and games and just dosen't care anymore if shit fits or not. "Meh I'll ask SC and Idolmaster dudes to design characters for me. I feel empty."

If that's somwhere near the case then maybe someone else should take over as a director and let Harada go on his endevour.

I mean we're at the point where most of us think Harada is purposely making characters that troll old Tekken community.

And when he reads negative comments he doesn't justify making this character for any purpose or reason but trolls back with shit that could be interpreted as "I can do whatever I fucking want with Tekken, I'll make skinheads for you dumb fucks. I give ZERO fucks about opinion of those who don't like what I do."

I mean yesterday I saw new video from Korean test and my hype levels were zero because that build seems so shitty. I thought - does anyone wants this slow ass gameplay?

WOW that's a hell of a conclusion to jump to based on Harada not letting entitled Twitter whiners compromise his vision for his product

remember when the hit sparks were on Killer Instinct levels? Let's go back to that since Harada doesn't care

as if any complainer is on such a level that he can act personally attacked by an unwanted change or addition

#LuckyChloe

WOW that's a hell of a conclusion to jump to based on Harada not letting entitled Twitter whiners compromise his vision for his product

remember when the hit sparks were on Killer Instinct levels? Let's go back to that since Harada doesn't care

as if any complainer is on such a level that he can act personally attacked by an unwanted change or addition

#LuckyChloe

I will agree that Twitter whiners are making the rest of the gamer community look terrible. Same for Youtube. How can people have meaningful discussions or even offer constructive criticism with these truncated limitations. The sad thing is, even when we do have a place like this one to air out our grievances, video commentators like the one Wonkey posted only single out one-liners that get lumped into the Twit crowd, simply for the sake of entertainment.

Dereck

Manbig if you don't want to buy the game because of Lucky Chloe I totally get it, don't like the decisions made with the game, I don't see the reason to support the decision with your own money.

I look at things from a different perspective I suppose. Tekken like many other franchises is falling victim to mainstream acceptance and trying to appeal to more casuals which in actuality translates to changes not everyone will approve of. That is probably why we are saw and are seeing things Bobs, Lars, Alisas, Lucky Chloes, more execution-friendly characters, easier movement longer combos, flashier moves, super moves, etc mostly imo. I guess they are trying to adapt to modern gaming even if the changes are not always in the best interest for everyone. Times are also changing for fighters and Tekken is trying to recapture some of the glory days of Tekken 3 while still trying to maintain it's proverbial identity. I truly think the addition of the more eccentric characters and mash-friendly characters is due to trying to procure a larger demographic who can barely execute a fireball motion, but as other people mentioned, it could be more detrimental than beneficial to the core gameplay for Tekken 7. Do I agree with adding more mash friendly characters, an overabundance of crush-like moves and other changes like the super arts, etc? Not necessarily all of it, but it seems like they want to gravitate towards as many people as possible and we will see if their dangerous gamble pays off in the end. I want to at least try Tekken 7 for a prolong period of time before I formulate any opinions even though I am admittedly skeptical of some of the modifications and additions.

Harada and company are in a very difficult position with Tekken 7. How do you appeal to your dedicated, hardcore and loyal fanbase without alienating them, yet pull in casuals who probably do not even care for fighting games in the first place? Not sure if there is even an answer for that if you are attempting to consolidate all of that into one game while trying to simultaneously satisfy gamers on both sides. Harada is probably feeling the pressure of the fans who want old school Tekken with the more serious designs, fighting styles, etc, but his company probably wants to also reach to an entirely different audience as well which means putting non-tradtional content in the game possibly. I'm sure they are adding these characters in because they are targeting several types of gamers with casuals being considerably high on the list and obviously for diversity also. Honestly, these crazy characters do not really bother me and I even like them(Lucky Chloe is growing on me and it might even be time for a customization for her in TTT2 one day :3 ). What I care most about is how the game will play compared to previous offerings. It's Tekken. It will most likely have phenomenal gameplay and be fun of course, but how will it compare to TTT2? Maybe they will hit middle ground between Tekken Revolution and Tekken Tag 2?

This reminds me of the whole DmC thing where the dev was acting out of line and so was some gamers.
But the gamers took all the heat despite Tameem's less than stellar attitude.

Harada didn't handle the situation any better either and I can understand the frustration but he was whining just as much as the complainers were.
The skinhead comment and even going as far to make a drawing about it.

Not to mention he totally dismissed that just because a catgirl was unfavorable didn't mean people want the other extreme.
It's so easy for these jackasses to take someones comment without all the added comments and to spin it for their own agenda.

Fact is people can do what they want with their money and can talk as much "shit" if they want to. Personally speaking I am still gonna purchase Tekken 7 but it goes both ways.

Edit

And he has every right to be annoyed don't get me wrong I am saying both sides could have chilled.
I know he has a business to run and has to make money for not only himself but the company he works for so that might sway what gets made.

sasuke_91

I really don't care about that skinhead comment (or Lucky Chloe) anymore. He probably didn't mean it the way we think he did and I'll just wait for the arcade release of Tekken 7 to make my "final judgement" :p

I got Hwoarang to Berserker today. I'm really confident at the moment and try to be more patient. I make less mistakes, mostly punish accordingly and my execution is not bad. I'll definitely try to get that Warrior rank next ;)

AAK

So I guess we're a day or two away from reaching 20k. Anything you guys would like for me to add/delete from the OP?

Sayah

So I guess we're a day or two away from reaching 20k. Anything you guys would like for me to add/delete from the OP?

Nah. Everything seems in good shape.

LOL

It kinda irritates me to see the gaming press and outsiders point fingers at Tekken fans now because of Lucky Chloe. I mean I am definitely over the whole thing, but I am not going to talk down to those who aren't. This was a the 20th Anniversary of Tekken. A celebration for Tekken. Such an event was not the place to reveal a character that only appealed to one demographic. Then Harada had the nerve to degrade those of us that weren't exactly on board.

I mean I know it's Japan and all, but honestly I have lost respect for Japan in recent years anyway. But maybe I am strange for being offended as a man to see grown men dressing like female characters and its all cool. I am not so sure MEN actually exist in the Land of the Rising Sun anymore.

Well, this 20th anniversary event wasn't even targeting anyone outside of Japan. Reason why it's on nico nico and only in Japanese. The arcade version of the original Tekken released December 1994 so it's not really the anniversary for the console version.

Isn't Lucky Chloe the same thing? Her animations are just wonkier versions of Lili and Chreddy's moves. It's not like they diverted a whole lot of resources giving her a wholly unique moveset.

Also, no worries about my deadlines. :p I am pretty responsible when I need to be.....just that's it's always a few hours before something is due, haha. It's not like I have an addiction to posting on neogaf and it's preventing me from getting stuff done. I usually don't venture out of Tekken/FGW anyway.

Sayah

DEATH™;143823997 said:
Add a "Hall of Shame" (Top Poster Ranking) of this thread lol.

You must really hate me. :(

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=490246

Counting my post total, I'm at 6,583 with this post averaging 5.19 posts per day.

Almost half of my posts on this forum are in the Tekken 6 OT, the followup Tekken OT, and this thread.

95% of the other half is probably in gaming side Tekken threads or FGW.

My posting history in a nutshell.

Manbig

I dunno, man. I don't see posting in a Tekken thread a whole bunch as a reason for hating anyone. lol

On a side note, A few people in Aris' chat have dubbed me "Manny Dicks"

So that's a thing now.

Good Games Boutdown

Sorry if I was a little rough on you. I have a problem with perceiving people to be disrespectful when they do not choose their mains right away. I see it as wasting my time and forcing me to go through minions to get to a real fight.

Anyways, you are strong no doubt. Biggest thing that gave me the win is that you didn't really play against me. You were certainly trying to win, but you were either doing a sequence of attacks or blindly reacting to my pressure.

I have probably confused you, and my apologies for that. I suppose the best thing I can say is to rewatch the replays. Also, if you know a thing or two about Chess. This video was so instrumental to fixing a similar problem with myself in Tekken.

http://youtu.be/Rvzw21_3Hs4

Top Bottom