• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT| of Tag Assaulting the Devil, Ogres, Wild Animals & MILFs (Bitcap Warning)

Sayah

Hopefully those cards/art can be unlocked in the game and viewed via a gallery.

They made a pretty vast gallery for all the art in Tekken 3DS so I would assume the same will happen with Tag 2.

Sent most of those except the ones to which I pretty much knew the answer would be 'wait for further information'. I'll report back when I get a response.

Thanks!

AAK

AAK, you're a genius. Can you make me one like that with Ling? :D

I think I spent nearly 70 straight minutes looking for pictures and manipulating them to find something that worked.... this is the best I could come up with!

That Xiaoyu art is ripped and from an off-screen snapshot of an artwork on a table and shopped to look natural :p

d3cmazCPuXf0B.png

LowParry

I think I spent nearly 70 straight minutes looking for pictures and manipulating them to find something that worked.... this is the best I could come up with!

That Xiaoyu art is ripped and from an off-screen snapshot of an artwork on a table and shopped to look natural :p

d3cmazCPuXf0B.png

Choices man. lol - just barely finished up the one I was working on. Which you think is better?

NkdfU.jpg

Seriously. This took me like 2 hours editing shit until I figured out that the smudge tool is godlike.

Edit: Out!

Btw, you have that file with Ling in her school fit?

LowParry

Naw seriously. You do good jobs on the avatar front. What you did with that pic would taken me like half a day. Good lord. It's been nice though going back to Tekken 6. Feels so much better. I really wanted to enjoy and love SFxT but...mehhhhhh. I'm done with it and staying with the real King of Iron Fists. I think in the end, 3D fighters is where I'll stay. This year being VF5:R, DOA5 and TTT2.

AAK

I'll be honest I've been playing a bunch of other 2D games recently: SF4, SFxT, KOF13, Skullgirls, Last Blade 2.

I really want to play KOF13 a lot more but I'm just not motivated to play against randoms when a bunch of other people on my friend's list are enjoying SFxT.... but regardless, none of those games will ever come close to providing an experience Tekken provides.

Originally being a 3D adventure gamer (Resident Evil 2, Metal Gear Solid, and Devil May Cry got me into hardcore gaming) Tekken definitely has the best expression of giving the user full control of a character in a 3D space out of any game today. It's just unparalleled!

Just a shame about the netcode :(

LowParry

Hopefully TTT2 gives us the proper netcode for online play. If, as they say, will match SCV, it should be a great experience.

But yeah, these past couple of years I've been through the 2D experience with fighters. And yet I've always gone back to the 3D types. I have such a huge appreciation for it all but I can never put away Tekken. It's my first love in fighting games.

Pachimari

I never seem to be able to get into 2D fighters, I realize it's just not my type of fighting game. I have tried with King of Fighters, Marvel vs Capcom, Street Fighter, BlazBlue etc and it's just not me.

Actually Tekken is the only fighting game I enjoy and where i love the whole character roster. It's also the only fighting series my cousins play. Oh, I enjoyed Soul Calibur 1 back in the day and had a little go at Virtual Fighter 5 but Tekken is my only love.

Jintor

I'm almost entirely the other way around. 3D fighting games are not for me. Which makes the fact that this seems so feature-complete even more galling.

Filthy 2D scumbag.
lP31A.gif

Anyways I might be the odd one out here when I say I've been appreciating stuff like SF, GG/BB and SC on the side after some Tekken. I guess a way of putting it would be Tekken is my main and the others secondary. You just can't quit Tekken once you get over the steep as shit learning curve I guess, heck even bitter as all hell old Tekken heads that complain about the newer Tekken's and its juggling and crushing still play some Tekken sometimes and want to stick around. It's like crack.

Well beside that, wheeee for free time although this had a worse turn out than I thought.

Wonder If we can go back to the older style select screen, where you had characters tucked away in the 'sidelines' of the select screen where characters like Gon can be found.

I've had trouble connecting with other fighting game the same way I did with Tekken. From 2003-2006 it was the only thing I played with the odd RPG here and there. I really tried getting into SF4 but I never felt like I was enjoying myself that much. It just felt very rigid and I really hated links. MvC3 I tried to get into as well but there's no one to play with around here.

SFxT... I don't know what it is about that game. I'm not sure what offends me about it but it has to be one of the most not fun games I have ever played. So many things aggravate me about it that I'm not quite sure how to articulate it. What I can say is that I deeply regret buying it and it feels wrong to me on a fundamental level. Worst part is I bought a new stick and now I have the stupid artwork in my face every time I look at it

I really like Arcs games though, very fun (looking forward to P4A). Also, Skullgirls!

Tizoc

I've had trouble connecting with other fighting game the same way I did with Tekken. From 2003-2006 it was the only thing I played with the odd RPG here and there. I really tried getting into SF4 but I never felt like I was enjoying myself that much. It just felt very rigid and I really hated links. MvC3 I tried to get into as well but there's no one to play with around here.

SFxT... I don't know what it is about that game. I'm not sure what offends me about it but it has to be one of the most not fun games I have ever played. So many things aggravate me about it that I'm not quite sure how to articulate it. What I can say is that I deeply regret buying it and it feels wrong to me on a fundamental level. Worst part is I bought a new stick and now I have the stupid artwork in my face every time I look at it

I really like Arcs games though, very fun (looking forward to P4A). Also, Skullgirls!

I like, and enjoy, SFxT, then again I personally can adapt myself to any fg I play. SFxT's playstyle while have some of SF4's fundamentals, reminds some plays of past SF games. So if you're fine with playing the older SF games you might've enjoyed SFxT.

Pachimari

Blah, just changed my Jun avatar (and I know it's still messy) but how do I get rid of the edginess or rawness of it? It's pixelated at the edge, is it because I haven't erased all the black dots around her yet?

LowParry

I could work on it later cause I gotta bail for work. Without using the magic wand, it makes for some work I tell ya. but that wand shrinks the crud outta the linings though. I'll see what I can do.

Edit: Honestly, I think it works better with the actual background. Example:

HK8r3.jpg

Pachimari

I could work on it later cause I gotta bail for work. Without using the magic wand, it makes for some work I tell ya. but that wand shrinks the crud outta the linings though. I'll see what I can do.

Edit: Honestly, I think it works better with the actual background. Example:

HK8r3.jpg
Yea, I couldn't do it with the magic wand. And it's hard doing it manually now that I'm without a mouse.

You don't have to do it, I'll just use the one I did or one of yours. Thanks for your contribution. =)

Sayah

I find 2D fighters to be very fun. I've mostly focused on MvC3 and SFXTK and came satisfied with my purchase. I've also spent some time with Blazblue and SF3OE but haven't really bothered to learn those games. However, Tekken currently is and always has been #1 for me. I find the depth and character control in Tekken 6 to be far more satisfying. You have a lot more options with your character due to the huge move list. This is sort of lacking in say SFXTK where the whole match against a Ryu/Ken/Sagat/Guile player can consist of projectiles, reversals/counters with shoryukens, and pokes. Half the match is spent jumping back and forth and it can be irritating sometimes. Plus, the extra dimension adds a whole other layer of depth in Tekken (with sidestepping, etc).

Haha it's cool

This is where I found the original Ling pic:

http://p.twpl.jp/show/orig/JKMem

There's a bigger version but it's of concept art:

http://p.twpl.jp/show/orig/9n46x

Don't take my opinion... I'm not the biggest fan of a lot Shunya's work. He makes the girls look way too .....loose.

I was reading comments on SRK and some people were complaining about the looseness as well. Some people didn't like, as one comment on there said it, the "whoring out" of the Tekken girls. Then again, there are also others who really love it. I'm not sure what exactly to think of all the sexualizing done here. I mainly find problems with the facial expressions/body language because they seem very submissive and that's not very characteristic of Tekken females at all. If Shunya wanted to give them bare clothing, then he should have just followed the art for Death by Degrees as an example. Nina is minimally clothed but she still looks badass and the expressions don't suggest "I'm here to be looked at."

Where as this is all "look at me, I know you want it."
Jaycee's art was very strange for me. It went from a very serious, determined look to a happy smily face.
scaled.php

Maybe I've said too much now or maybe I'm looking too much into it. lol

Pachimari

It's great for me that the figures are based on his arts then, cause they surely are supposed to be "look at me". :D

I'm one of those who love his artwork but I see where people are coming from when they talk about their facial expressions. I love that they are "sexualized" for the figures but that's just me. I like the other artworks as well, which are more "down to earth".

Still waiting on my replacement Christie Monteiro figure by Kotobukiya.

Sayah

Yeah that's where I don't know what to say because some people really do love it. And the figures do look really great. I love his Anna art also for instance. It's really a matter of appealing to different tastes, I guess and not everyone can come out happy in the end. Maybe that's why they hired three different artists.

AAK

Yea, I couldn't do it with the magic wand. And it's hard doing it manually now that I'm without a mouse.

That is the only way to do it! ;)

Regardless... Bring on the next flood of info! Man this is so exciting! I feel like we're actually going to get to play a fresh new game once console hits rather than just an arcade port like with T6.

And SDBurton, I fixed the avatar for you.

dbseSAi9I9I8iQ.png

GrayFoxPL

Regardless... Bring on the next flood of info! Man this is so exciting! I feel like we're actually going to get to play a fresh new game once console hits rather than just an arcade port like with T6.

Yeah, they are going all out with the extras.

Pachimari

Am I the only one who would like some kind of Ball game? Just in between fights as a break or something. I absolutely love the concept and idea of Fight Lab(!) but a mini game like Volleyball or Bowl would be nice as an EXTRA.

Am I the only one who would like some kind of Ball game? Just in between fights as a break or something. I absolutely love the concept and idea of Fight Lab(!) but a mini game like Volleyball or Bowl would be nice as an EXTRA.

I'd certainly prefer it to Tekken Force or Scenario Campaign.

MightyKAC

I'd certainly prefer it to Tekken Force or Scenario Campaign.

I dunno, I've always liked the scenario campaigns as a way to flesh out the characters and the world. Although this being a "dream match" type of thing I can see why they would chose to a different form of single player content.

Sayah

I would love the Ball Mode from Tekken 3 to come back. I think a twitter poster had also brought up the idea of Tekken Kart. Would love that too.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
\

I really want to play KOF13 a lot more but I'm just not motivated to play against randoms when a bunch of other people on my friend's list are enjoying SFxT

Hit me up next time you see me online...I'm always down for some KOF.

HEIHACHI BECAME THE BOSS!! YOU ARE GREAT!!!

All this artwork is so crazy.

Flying Wonkey, you are a wonderful human being for gathering all of those images.

Somebody needs to figure out if these will be in the console version.

Haha no problems man, and hopefully these do make it console. It would literally be icing on the cake for the game.

Anyways just found the missing Armor King piece, we only have Kuma's left to find.

032700jaueb.jpg

AAK

Hit me up next time you see me online...I'm always down for some KOF.

Gotcha! What region were you in again?

Haha no problems man, and hopefully these do make it console. It would literally be icing on the cake for the game.

Anyways just found the missing Armor King piece, we only have Kuma's left to find.

032700jaueb.jpg

YESS!!!! Victory is MINE!

Armor King.... he has Armor in his name. Everyone else's argument against him is invalid!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
That is the only way to do it! ;)

And SDBurton, I fixed the avatar for you.

dbseSAi9I9I8iQ.png

Thank you so much! Avatars are looking boss!

Oh sweet, thanks for that AAK! We in there for dat Tekken. Fucking September though. :( :( :(

yo, there's so much things I would do for a tekken 1-4+TTT hd rerelease on XBLA with online play

Same, along with Soul Calibur II, but might it already interest you to know that you can play Tekken 3 online via emulator?

Man. Tekken gets me so hyped. This game needs to be out! Why the fuck are arcades dead! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I am pissed I don't have time for playing more Tekken... so close to grad school this semester bein over. I want to go through my backlog and prep up for TTT2.

still considering doing some Tekken designs in my vector style... Might be biased and try my hand at a Dragunov one... might sell a brown shirt with his hawks on it as well since I love it so much.

GrayFoxPL

I would love the Ball Mode from Tekken 3 to come back. I think a twitter poster had also brought up the idea of Tekken Kart. Would love that too.

Cart game would take up tons of work to be decent. Mortal Kombat (Deception or was it Armageddon?) did the mini cart game and it was pretty shit.

I'd love tekken ball with every character in summer skimpy wear, bowling was nice too, add Tekken 3 side scrolling Tekken Force and I'd be happy.

Sayah

Wow, I've never noticed that there's a chicken on top of a cat on top of a cow on top of a horse in the Historic Town Square stage. Amazing.

Cart game would take up tons of work to be decent. Mortal Kombat (Deception or was it Armageddon?) did the mini cart game and it was pretty shit.

I'd love tekken ball with every character in summer skimpy wear, bowling was nice too, add Tekken 3 side scrolling Tekken Force and I'd be happy.

I'd be fine with Tekken Ball then. I found that to be far more entertaining than Tekken Bowl.

AAK

Tekken Ball... Tekken Bowl.... I see a pattern of what could potentially be next. What else starts with a B and ends with an L...? Tekken
Brothel
?

Top Bottom