• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution PS3 Excusive Free To Play 6/11/13

FranXico

Virtua Fighter is and always will be a poor man's Tekken.

Please tell me you're not serious.

Don't get me wrong, I <3 Tekken, but Virtua Fighter is the game that showed the way to 3D fighting games.

And the gameplay in VF is very rich, the complexity of the game scales better with the player experience than Tekken.

Just my impressions, that's all.

Dahbomb

If it doesn't have new characters, new stages, tekken tunes, and better costumes than TTT2 than why bother? I don't understand why they are releasing a F2P tekken game that will probably have less content than TTT2.
Because it's not for the people who already have TTT2. It's for people who were on the fence or curious about the franchise but don't want to put down full money on the game just to try it out.

If it doesn't have new characters, new stages, tekken tunes, and better costumes than TTT2 than why bother? I don't understand why they are releasing a F2P tekken game that will probably have less content than TTT2.

That's the problem with this and DoA.

They're just alternate releases of their currently available games.

The real moving forward of the genre will come when the F2P version is the only one.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I feel that F2P fighting games is something that I could get behind.

synce

Hopefully they do it right. Tecmo's idea of F2P is basically a glorified demo. If every character isn't free it's not F2P

rvy

Banned
Virtua Fighter is and always will be a poverty Tekken.

13663478666863xk4b.gif

That don't even make sense.

Ravage

That's the problem with this and DoA.

They're just alternate releases of their currently available games.

The real moving forward of the genre will come when the F2P version is the only one.

They are still experimenting with F2P. If Tekken Evo and DoA5U F2P succeeds (good chance imo), i'm sure there will be day one F2P versions of the PS4 Tekkens and DoAs.

sublimit

Banned
Interesting.I wish the character's movements are more like T5 DRO than T6 or TT2 but it's very unlikely. :/

zeopower6

3 huge PS Plus games and a new, F2P Tekken would make for some good news during the conference.

Eh, I don't know... they have other things to talk about during the conference, that's why Tekken was revealed beforehand. And if they'd talk about Tekken Revolution, why not DOA Ultimate Core Fighters?

kick51

Banned
Eh, I don't know... they have other things to talk about during the conference, that's why Tekken was revealed beforehand. And if they'd talk about Tekken Revolution, why not DOA Ultimate Core Fighters?

They'd probably talk about both in a F2P segment, but otherwise, Tekken is big worldwide news, as its a very popular competitive game in Japan/Korea. DOA5 has probably sold the least of any game in the series other than the 3DS one and is on competitive life support.

Weaponlord is just a poverty TimeKillers

Timekillers is just a poverty Mortal Kombat.

real talk, Weaponlord was a crazy ambitious game, brought down by an atrocious framerate that was implemented to make it more playable on Xband. What a weird game.

It's an online gaming concept. There is absolutely nothing about F2P that makes it unique or only doable on PCs. It doesn't matter where it came from originally.

There is, however, a proven market on PCs for F2P games, in comparison to a young and unproven market on consoles. You're right that there's nothing's stopping this game from coming out on console - I just think that it would be an excellent fit for the PC as well, so I'm disappointed that it's console only.

]Also, you may not be aware of this, but Japanese developers generally do not like putting their games on PC. They don't really consider it a legitimate gaming platform. They may be wrong, but it's their game and they can put it where they want.

This is an attitude that is changing. FROM put out a PC version of Dark Souls to massive fan request. Capcom have released two different SF games on the platform.

Of course, I just checked on Steam and there are a mighty 5 NB games!

In any case, this isn't a reason why the game shouldn't be on PC. Saying that this development team would be very inexperienced with PC hardware might be more accurate. I know the SF4 engine was built for PC first, as it was on a Taito X2 cabinet (I think?) which runs Windows XP - if Namco's arcade machines are PC-like, porting the engine would be far cheaper. But of course there's a risk involved and those developers could be used to make the PS3 version shine.

Finally, fighting games generally also do not do well on PC. Tekken is a fighting game first, a F2P game second. F2P is not a genre. It's a business model, and it's only one relatively small part of how a game plays.

SF4 did well, as did SSF4. SFxT is a terrible example as it is a terrible game. Plus, Capcom released them all very late, and yet they did well! A day-and-date launch with the promise of 1080p graphics and stuff like just alt-tabbing to check movelists etc would be a very good sell.

Plus, a F2P fighter would be the best possible entry drug for a new market!

I'll not derail the thread further.

Doomshine

what are you mad about?

It's already turned into another shitty fighting game pissing contest.

I don't know but complaining about the thread sure is productive!

Well if you're trying to educate me about making productive posts I must be doing something horribly wrong.

They are still experimenting with F2P. If Tekken Evo and DoA5U F2P succeeds (good chance imo), i'm sure there will be day one F2P versions of the PS4 Tekkens and DoAs.

Namco has some experience with F2P with Tekken Card Tournament so they probably got some valuable feedback from that.

Windforce

I like how that one guy in the back rises at the same exact time. XD

Also, DOA is definitely a poor Man's VF but with jiggly boobs.

It goes....

Soul Calibur > Virtua fighter > Tekken > DOA

guy in the back? It has boobs, could be a woman I guess.

And yes. VF > Tekken.

sublimit

Banned
Pretty sure the movement in Tag 2 is on par with the movement in DR.

You think so?I think the movement animations are just like T6 (a bit too fast and the characters feel weightless).
I liked DRO because the movements felt like they had the perfect balance between weight and speed in any Tekken so far.It was perfection for me.TT2 felt like T6 (which was a disappointment for me) although i must admit i haven't played TT2 much.

AAK

Can all these VF players in this thread come here once in a while?

I'd love to play some more people (if you're on PSN).

I think this has more to do with the fact that it's less of hassle to do this sort of stuff on PSN.

Wonder if this will also be ported over to the PS4 too, most likely not as easy as that, but would they? Or if they did want to would they have just announced it in that trailer?

Top Bottom