• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Story and Lore Discussion Thread

So what's the deal with Jinpachi and Azazel? Weren't they supposed to be "origins of the devil gene"?
Tekken 5 and 6 continued to weird up the lore. Before that, the Devil gene was supposed to be genetic, but I don't think it's something Kazuya inherited from Jinpachi (otherwise Heihachi would have it) and I'm not even sure it was planned for Kazumi to have it either but I could be completely wrong.

But we saw where Jin was at the end of T6 and at the beginning of T7 so expect some closure about the Azazel shit.

bump - I really hate bumping my own threads, I see discussion of the story happening on so I want to ask, it does take longer than 90 minutes to beat the campaign or has this been confirmed?

Tekken 7 pits random characters together, makes them a joke and has the audacity of making this their bios and endings and tags these battles as "personal".

A disgrace.

I have no idea what the new characters are fighting for but I'm sure there will be some wacky interaction with their first round opponent in the king of iron fist tournament 7. This needed to be a numbered entry folks...

Who were all the people in the prison segment in the tekken 3 intro and what timeline dos it belong to ?
they are just all the people who were imprisoned at the same time as Eddy Gordo. When he was released, so was everyone else.
Tekken 7 pits random characters together, makes them a joke and has the audacity of making this their bios and endings and tags these battles as "personal".

A disgrace.

I have no idea what the new characters are fighting for but I'm sure there will be some wacky interaction with their first round opponent in the king of iron fist tournament 7. This needed to be a numbered entry folks...
damn, if that is true it is quite a disappointment. once the game is out and i've played through the story I'll post my impressions here

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
jun'll be back soon. With the death of heihachi, the mishima saga is done and the kazama saga begins(along with xiao). Devil vs exorcist and pure blood(will angel make a reappearance?)

neohwa

I don't like how Tekken 7 focused so much on the old man and freaking Akuma from other series. They should put more time and effort on the future young Tekken characters but alas. New characters were mostly joke characters as well.

Inuhanyou

Heihachi Kazuya and Jin are the meat and bones of tekken. with heihachi out now kazuya and jin are the ones once again which is weird considering T6 was also all about their proxy war

Zoggy

KaZuya and Jin have always been shit characters being pushed hard by tekken devs like bad WWE wrestlers who get pushed for the title even though no one likes them.

And they always had heihachi as the heel even when fans loved him the most like stone cold or the rock.

fuck kaz and Jin, make the new base people like law Paul Nina yoshimitsu king etc

And I say this as a guy who mains kazuya

Kazuya got the volcano treatment too, and look where he is now.

No reason Heihachi can't pop up in the next game.

*been using Heihachi since I unlocked him in Tekken 1 all those years ago, so I'm just a little salty*

Well I'm pleased with the story mode. I'm glad that Namco decided to go for a more mature story to wrap up the Mishima saga. I'm happy with what was presented. Now lets have a funeral for Heihachi in Tekken 8. In the mean time get us a story expansion DLC.

For Tekken 8 I'd like to see:
- Kazuya should go into hiding and make him a hidden boss character in Tekken 8. Kazuya should see him self as not having a real purpose. Him and Jin should bury the hatchet.
- Namco could make Akuma the new Final boss trying to bring Kazuya out of hiding.
- Jin and Ling could have a son
- Nina and Steve need more exposition.
- Paul and Law need a mature story thread about their respective students and schools
- More mature serious stories with real consequences for most of the cast....

jun'll be back soon. With the death of heihachi, the mishima saga is done and the kazama saga begins(along with xiao). Devil vs exorcist and pure blood(will angel make a reappearance?)

ughhhhhhhh, does this mean Jun was NOT in the game?? :(

man just because the Kazamas don't have Mishima in their name don't mean they ain't part of the saga! smh

MoogleMan

A few I have.

1.) How is Heihachi so strong?

Heihachi's made out to be the strongest pure human in the Tekken series. He's constantly beating down characters who literally have some demon-like power inside of him and I for the life of me don't understand how. What Heihachi does is unreal. Besides that, the dude's very old and yet he's still kicking ass.

Mind-boggling.
Also, he caught a point blank bullet with his teeth.
Bullets...WITH HIS TEETH.
Catches-Bullets-With-his-Teeth-Shonuff-The-Last-Dragon-GIF.gif

On the real, through dedication and training. Heihachi gets the most respect out of all the tekken characters from me.

He better be back in the next tekken. Kazuya's punk ass got a do-over. Heihachi should too.

*been using Heihachi since I unlocked him in Tekken 1 all those years ago, so I'm just a little salty*
SAME. Heihachi is amazing.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
So Marduck is Gigas?

Ugh. Guess I won't be seeing MarDOOK as DLC now. *sigh* Sucks.

Nah, Marduk just got a bad booboo in a really cool unseen fight with Armor King, who got a similar booboo.

Gigas is Katarina's foster dad for some reason. Has some of Marduk's moves though.

Alright, so here's my thoughts with Tekken 7's story mode.

-From a narrative perspective, it's cool. We are watching being told through the eyes of the reporter, whose home has been destroyed thanks to the MZvsG war, which was started by Jin. However, why is his identity being kept a mystery? He looks pretty brolic in all the cutscenes so is he gonna be a fighting character in Tekken 8?

-But also about the narrative, I don't know about the rest of y'all but it's really jarring how they go from prerendered cutscenes to gameplay cutscenes right before switching. The prerendered scenes don't look that good, honestly. They should've kept the whole thing in-game in my opinion like Uncharted.

-From a gameplay perspective, why have the story assist thing happen? Why couldn't they just leave the battles normally with the fighters' regular movesets? That was really strange.

-Now, from a story perspective itself...

-I have to be honest, Akuma's addition to the story seems superfluous. It really just looks like they had him in there for marketing purposes - which is fine, but he could have just been a guest character. Him being canon to the story raises so many more questions because it doesn't make sense.

-Is Street Fighter x Tekken canon to both Tekken & Street Fighter universes? Are the universes one in the same? Or does Akuma have the ability to travel between dimensions and visited Tekken's universe to fulfill Kazumi's request?

-The pacing started to get really weird, and then, the final battle just kinda happened without any noticeable buildup. It didn't seem like Kazuya wanted to fight Heihachi again because he killed Kazumi. It looked like they were just rematching from Heihachi's win in Tekken 4.

-And why did Kazumi want to kill Kazuya? Her presence in the game doesn't seem to be canon either, as her only appearance in the story was during the flashback fight with Heihachi. She was never "back" it seems.

-...Why did Jin take a backseat in all of this? Yes yes yes this game is about the Mishimas feud but - first of all, Mishima blood obviously runs in Kazama's veins and second of all, the Mishima feud was center stage for Tekken 4 as well, and Jin was literally there with Kazuya and Heihachi (beating them both).

-As for the rest of the characters, are there endings canon this time around? I have not completed them all but since Tekken ditched its traditional arcade endings of story, are we to presume that all of the endings are the actual stories of the characters for the conclusion of the King of Iron Fist Tournament 7? That is, if the tournament ever even happened because during the main campaign, Heihachi told his goons to cancel it.

-Xiao didn't get fuckin married. So was Harada's tweet meant for the far future?

That's all off the top of my head.

Jaeger

I just don't look as this Akuma as the same exact one in any other game. It's just another Akuma. Just like how Street Fighter EX Akuma isn't the same as the main series yet they are similar enough where you wouldn't know the difference.

Village

Nah, he's dead. Heihachi knew he was going to die, its kind of apparent.

He can be jokered in though, he'll just be a memory , a flash back. Or In tekken tag 3

Well I'm pleased with the story mode. I'm glad that Namco decided to go for a more mature story to wrap up the Mishima saga. I'm happy with what was presented. Now lets have a funeral for Heihachi in Tekken 8. In the mean time get us a story expansion DLC.

For Tekken 8 I'd like to see:
- Kazuya should go into hiding and make him a hidden boss character in Tekken 8.

I doubt it, it seems like the idea is now kazuya wants world domination. Unless Someone else is running G corp.

Though I like the idea of kazuya going, I quit.

What I want out of tekken? To be honest I want them to steel ball run the whole series

Justified

Also, he caught a point blank bullet with his teeth.
Bullets...WITH HIS TEETH.

Catches-Bullets-With-his-Teeth-Shonuff-The-Last-Dragon-GIF.gif

On the real, through dedication and training. Heihachi gets the most respect out of all the tekken characters from me.

He better be back in the next tekken. Kazuya's punk ass got a do-over. Heihachi should too.

SAME. Heihachi is amazing.

Also an Ax

iK0gFfxtkw9XO.webp

Turin

Banned
Like most everyone else, I want Jun to be an important protagonist in the next game. Maybe make Unknown cannon.

Maybe we could get a flash back to what happened with Ogre.

Heihachi Kazuya and Jin are the meat and bones of tekken. with heihachi out now kazuya and jin are the ones once again which is weird considering T6 was also all about their proxy war

That's how it was advertised but Kazuya wasn't Jin's focus in Tekken 6.

ShinMaruku

Ogre is just a funny thing to me with how he roasted Julia's family then escaped Hei only to get blasted by Devil Jin. He was beating Jin's ass until he got pissed, then rip Ogre.....

Inuhanyou

-As for the rest of the characters, are there endings canon this time around? I have not completed them all but since Tekken ditched its traditional arcade endings of story, are we to presume that all of the endings are the actual stories of the characters for the conclusion of the King of Iron Fist Tournament 7? That is, if the tournament ever even happened because during the main campaign, Heihachi told his goons to cancel it.

-Xiao didn't get fuckin married. So was Harada's tweet meant for the far future?

That's all off the top of my head.

They are all canon, all of the endings are what happens in the story mode to the other characters that it does not focus on(which is why the characters important to the story mode dont have their own character stories). including xiao being kidnapped by claudio to lure jin out of hiding

Sony

Nintendo
Heihachi and Kazumi's past was touching. I'm gonna miss Heihachi, he took quite a from (devil) Kazuya.

I just don't look as this Akuma as the same exact one in any other game. It's just another Akuma. Just like how Street Fighter EX Akuma isn't the same as the main series yet they are similar enough where you wouldn't know the difference.
wait, are you saying Akuma the character, or one of the traits of the character is to just have multiple spawns? Or are you saying that Akuma in Tekken is just an alternate universe version of him?
What I want out of tekken? To be honest I want them to steel ball run the whole series
steel ball?
Like most everyone else, I want Jun to be an important protagonist in the next game. Maybe make Unknown cannon.

Maybe we could get a flash back to what happened with Ogre.
I was expecting Jun to be a player in this game but yeah, since she was not, the next game is going to HAVE to deal out all the other Tekken mysteries regarding Mishima-Kazama. Julia's absence should be explained too as well as her tribe's connection to Ogre.
Ogre is just a funny thing to me with how he roasted Julia's family then escaped Hei only to get blasted by Devil Jin. He was beating Jin's ass until he got pissed, then rip Ogre.....
huh what? Jin defeated Ogre before transforming into Devil Jin I thought?
They are all canon, all of the endings are what happens in the story mode to the other characters that it does not focus on(which is why the characters important to the story mode dont have their own character stories). including xiao being kidnapped by claudio to lure jin out of hiding
I didn't know about Xiao getting kidnapped. I didn't play Claude's ending yet, just Xiao's - btw Claude was so fucking useless in the campaign, what did Heihachi even recruit kidnap him for? Exorcism yeah but he didn't even do that. He was just there in MZ's HQ talking about demons.

Also, if the endings are all canon this also means that Kazuya lost to Shaheen

Laiza

This doesn't make sense with how the stories play out.

Depending on which character in a confrontation you play as, there are two divergent endings for every scenario - two mutually exclusive happenings that depend upon one or the other character getting the upper hand. They can't all be canon because they all directly contradict one another.

Depending on which character in a confrontation you play as, there are two divergent endings for every scenario - two mutually exclusive happenings that depend upon one or the other character getting the upper hand. They can't all be canon because they all directly contradict one another.
this changes things. can you provide some examples? i have not yet played through all of the characters' stories myself

Inuhanyou

^ Just play them artisan and you'll see

True, but this is explained by the fact that the general events which take place do occur regardless of said outcome. So for example, Xiao faces Claudio because she had heard that he knows Jin, and he figured out that she was close to Jin.

So, regardless of whether she beats him or he beats her, they still fought and she is still taken by his organization to face off against Jin at a later date.

^ Just play them artisan and you'll see

True, but this is explained by the fact that the general events which take place do occur regardless of said outcome. So for example, Xiao faces Claudio because she had heard that he knows Jin, and he figured out that she was close to Jin.

So, regardless of whether she beats him or he beats her, they still fought and she is still taken by his organization to face off against Jin at a later date.

he has a point though. while we can assume that all the characters will have gone through some variation of the comparable endings, we also have to recognize some of them contradict each other, meaning only one or another is the canon one. this would in turn also say that some of the events are non-canon and did not occur.

CSX

dont worry yall. Tekken 8 is gonna reveal another Heihachi illegimate son that unlike lars will fight exactly like him to fill out the roster and story :p

Village

steel ball?

Steel Ball Run is part 7 of Jojo's bizzare adventure, what this part does is take place in an entirely different universe than parts 1-6. Part 7 and Part 8 remix characters, create new ones, new lore expsand on existing ideas and even remix allegiances of certain characters. Like DC an their 52 earths. I would like this with tekken, like say hypothetically heihachi decided to raise kazuya and be a decent father, and a bunch of other remixed wackyness. It would also allow them to strait redesign characters.

Paul beat regular Ogre, then true ogre came and put hands on Jin till Devil Jin beat him then Hei tried to shoot his ass.
Oh that's right, Paul defeated Ogre first, won the tournament. However, canon wise, I don't think Devil Jin appeared until he was forced to as sort of an embalming revitalization, after Heihachi shot him.
dont worry yall. Tekken 8 is gonna reveal another Heihachi illegimate son that unlike lars will fight exactly like him to fill out the roster and story :p
Actually bro that would have me worried because fuck Lars.
I just wanna know why they dropped Julia's amazing plot in tekken 4. WHY NAMCO!
Ah, refresh my memory? I think Julia was doing some sustainability studies shit to patch up Arizona's wastelands yeah?
Steel Ball Run is part 7 of Jojo's bizzare adventure, what this part does is take place in an entirely different universe than parts 1-6. Part 7 and Part 8 remix characters, create new ones, new lore expsand on existing ideas and even remix allegiances of certain characters. Like DC an their 52 earths. I would like this with tekken, like say hypothetically heihachi decided to raise kazuya and be a decent father, and a bunch of other remixed wackyness. It would also allow them to strait redesign characters.
oh, that would for sure be an interesting turn to take with Tekken. Unfortunately though since the series is so deep in I can't see them doing a retcon like that, but a spinoff installment with this remix would be awesome.

Yo, let's discuss the plot of Tekken 7

So many goddamn plotholes. I already mentioned this in the other thread, so I won't dive into it too much Here, but:

- Hei suddenly not wanting the DG/power and just wanting to kill his family.
- Kazumi's motives aren't explained well enough. Was it the demon talking or not? Does she consider herself a good demon because she is trying to save the world even though she's a monster herself?
- What was Hei's plan at the end? Redemption?
- NB likely didn't think this far ahead which is fine but it's kinda funny they waited this long to just have a throw down fight between the two of them.
- Akuma. Just...what in the fuck? "Hey I do have story relevance but I'm not gonna tell anyone nanananana naaaa". Like a chicken shit he waited until after Kaz and Hei had their fight to fight the former again. So weird.
- Sidelining Jin isn't a plothole, it's just dumb. I know why - they made him too powerful, but still, silly.
- Clad. Even he was shocked at being written out of the story.
- The side stories. What's the point if we don't know which one is actually canon.

Fights were cool don't get me wrong, I just think the story wasn't handled that well in terms of lore coming from a Tekken fan's perspective. Or even a normal story perspective.

Yo, let's discuss the plot of Tekken 7

So many goddamn plotholes. I already mentioned this in the other thread, so I won't dive into it too much Here, but:

- Hei suddenly not wanting the DG/power and just wanting to kill his family.
- Kazumi's motives aren't explained well enough. Was it the demon talking or not? Does she consider herself a good demon because she is trying to save the world even though she's a monster herself?
- What was Hei's plan at the end? Redemption?
- NB likely didn't think this far ahead which is fine but it's kinda funny they waited this long to just have a throw down fight between the two of them.
- Akuma. Just...what in the fuck? "Hey I do have story relevance but I'm not gonna tell anyone nanananana naaaa". Like a chicken shit he waited until after Kaz and Hei had their fight to fight the former again. So weird.
- Sidelining Jin isn't a plothole, it's just dumb. I know why - they made him too powerful, but still, silly.
- Clad. Even he was shocked at being written out of the story.
- The side stories. What's the point if we don't know which one is actually canon.

Fights were cool don't get me wrong, I just think the story wasn't handled that well in terms of lore coming from a Tekken fan's perspective. Or even a normal story perspective.
-Yeah Heihachi's motives are really hard to read. We just know that he hates his whole family.
-I'll get to Akuma later but both his and Kazumi's placement in this game really does not make sense. I thought with Kazumi being the main boss at the end meant she came back to life, being revived by her devil gene or something but that isn't the case; she's in the game because of her flashback appearance. I don't think we'll get any more closure on the character like the questions you asked.
-Heihei's plan at the end I think was just to take the Zaibatsu back and kill his family, I guess. That's what his Tekken 5 ending was.
-I don't know if it was this thread or the OT that I said Akuma's inclusion in the game and particularly the story felt very superfluous. I really just think it was all about marketing and promo because his placement in the story is so random and borderline nonsensical. What stake does he have with Kazumi? Why does he care so much? Why did he trust her to begin with? None of this matters in the end.
-Yeah I didn't appreciate how Jin, the main character, was knocked the fuck out for 99% of the main story. I get that he'll back to being in the main plot for T8, but this is even more annoying considering Tekken games take forever to come out. They could've just surprised everyone and made the campaign even longer by taking up where Jin wakes up, and continuing his crusade against his father. Plus, I heard Claudio kidnapped Xiao to lure Jin out of hiding? All of this could have been picked up in the same story instead of being cliffhanger'd for the next. I can't confirm though because I haven't finished the character stories yet but I heard about something along those lines.
-Yeah, the side story thing is another puzzler. They really should have had them as puzzle pieces, if you know what I mean, instead of "if this person won, or if that person won"

So if the tournament was cancelled, I imagine the next one being a reboot. Maybe finish off this "war" story with dlc and then do a brand reset going forward?

Alright, so here's my thoughts with Tekken 7's story mode.

-But also about the narrative, I don't know about the rest of y'all but it's really jarring how they go from prerendered cutscenes to gameplay cutscenes right before switching. The prerendered scenes don't look that good, honestly. They should've kept the whole thing in-game in my opinion like Uncharted.

-From a gameplay perspective, why have the story assist thing happen? Why couldn't they just leave the battles normally with the fighters' regular movesets? That was really strange.

-I thought it was a neat nostalgic touch honestly. I see where it could have generally better if it was all in-engine, but I really liked it as a nod to those that have played the previous games.

-Probably for newer/inexperienced players. The movesets were still normal, those were just easy shortcuts for moves in the story.

regarding the side story's

miguel's ending
clearly ain't canon since jin was comatose for most of the game
same goes for hwoarang I believe.

steve's has to be canon. It better be at least.

Xiao
I can see being bait for cladio

Anyone involved in the tournament
is irrelevant because the tournament was cancelled
except maybe
katarina's
storyline

that's what I have so far. need to finish playing the rest.

Jaeger

wait, are you saying Akuma the character, or one of the traits of the character is to just have multiple spawns? Or are you saying that Akuma in Tekken is just an alternate universe version of him?

The latter. Not the same Akuma as the one we are familiar with. Think like comic books. Earth 1, Earth Prime, or Marvel 616 etc. Alternate Universes. Their storylines (SF AND Tekken) do not exist in the same world. Just like how SFxTekken isn't the same place as SF orTekken.

So if the tournament was cancelled, I imagine the next one being a reboot. Maybe finish off this "war" story with dlc and then do a brand reset going forward?
You know, I wouldn't mind if they continued the story with Jin & Kazuya with dlc. That would mean we wouldn't have to wait another 5 years to get the story going. If after that there is a reboot, that would be interesting. When was the last time any fighting game ever had a reboot btw? It's one thing for a shooter or an RPG to have it, but for a fighter - so many opportunities get opened. Imagine Tekken with gameplay based more on real world physics?
-I thought it was a neat nostalgic touch honestly. I see where it could have generally better if it was all in-engine, but I really liked it as a nod to those that have played the previous games.

-Probably for newer/inexperienced players. The movesets were still normal, those were just easy shortcuts for moves in the story.
-Nostalgia would have worked if there was still a disparity between the visuals in game vs prerendered. For this Tekken game, they are so close that I feel like one could argue that the in-game looks even better.

-Eh, for even the most inexperienced players I feel like those shortcuts are holding their hands a little too much. That's just my opinion though. I would've preferred they kept gameplay normal & consistent with the rest of the game and just made it easy if the players wanted it so.
regarding the side story's

miguel's ending
clearly ain't canon since jin was comatose for most of the game
same goes for hwoarang I believe.

steve's has to be canon. It better be at least.

Xiao
I can see being bait for cladio

Anyone involved in the tournament
is irrelevant because the tournament was cancelled
except maybe
katarina's
storyline

that's what I have so far. need to finish playing the rest.
I should get going on the character endings at some point. So yeah, if Miguel finally go this revenge on Jin then it's probably not canon, unless it looks the fight happens after he woke up?
The latter. Not the same Akuma as the one we are familiar with. Think like comic books. Earth 1, Earth Prime, or Marvel 616 etc. Alternate Universes. Their storylines (SF AND Tekken) do not exist in the same world. Just like how SFxTekken isn't the same place as SF orTekken.
Alright, yeah I could see this being the case. I'm not huge on SF lore, and I didn't play SFXT so maybe you're right and Akuma in Tekken is just from an alternate timeline. I also then think that if TXSF becomes a reality, it'll be a direct sequel to SFXT in that storyline

SarusGray

Oh that's right, Paul defeated Ogre first, won the tournament. However, canon wise, I don't think Devil Jin appeared until he was forced to as sort of an embalming revitalization, after Heihachi shot him.

Actually bro that would have me worried because fuck Lars.

Ah, refresh my memory? I think Julia was doing some sustainability studies shit to patch up Arizona's wastelands yeah?
oh, that would for sure be an interesting turn to take with Tekken. Unfortunately though since the series is so deep in I can't see them doing a retcon like that, but a spinoff installment with this remix would be awesome.

Yup. She worked for G Corp to find a way to save her homeland from an enroaching desert. But while working at G Corp, she discovered that they are using her genocell data to find a way to merge the devil gene into normal human beings.

Yup. She worked for G Corp to find a way to save her homeland from an enroaching desert. But while working at G Corp, she discovered that they are using her genocell data to find a way to merge the devil gene into normal human beings.
word, yeah i didn't know she was working for g corp though. she's not even in this game man, or her mother...

but i agree it would be nice if they expanded upon her (and pretty much several other characters') story arcs instead of just leaving it as a tease. even though she's not a main character she deserves more of a story. what was her T6 ending?
I need Jun to come back.

tumblr_or43m8vhj31ulmxzvo1_500.png
lol

she'll probably be back in some way shape or form in T8. that vision/cameo from 15 years can't be for fuckin nothin.

Village

-Yeah I didn't appreciate how Jin, the main character, was knocked the fuck out for 99% of the main story. "

He wasn't the main character in 1 and 2, he wasn't the main character in 6. And he wasn't the main character in this game.

Why is that surprising, sometimes a different character is the main character. That's it. He might not even be the main character in the next game, or the game after that. I'll guess you will just have to live with it.

SarusGray

word, yeah i didn't know she was working for g corp though. she's not even in this game man, or her mother...

but i agree it would be nice if they expanded upon her (and pretty much several other characters') story arcs instead of just leaving it as a tease. even though she's not a main character she deserves more of a story. what was her T6 ending?
lol

she'll probably be back in some way shape or form in T8. that vision/cameo from 15 years can't be for fuckin nothin.

In the scenario campaign, she works as a spy for Lee, investigating what Kazuya is up to. She is eventually caught is imprisoned by G Corps but saved by Lars and Alisa soon after. Her ending involves her finally succeeding in reforesting her land. Her original goal was to stop Jin and Kazuya from fighting to prevent Azazel from being risen. Similar to Zafina. (I thought those two would interact but sadly no :(

He wasn't the main character in 1 and 2, he wasn't the main character in 6. And he wasn't the main character in this game.

Why is that surprising, sometimes a different character is the main character. That's it. He might not even be the main character in the next game, or the game after that. I'll guess you will just have to live with it.
Hes been the main character since his debut though. I guess you could argue Lars was the main character in T6 but judging by all of the events it seems to me Jin was the main character then too.
In the scenario campaign, she works as a spy for Lee, investigating what Kazuya is up to. She is eventually caught is imprisoned by G Corps but saved by Lars and Alisa soon after. Her ending involves her finally succeeding in reforesting her land. Her original goal was to stop Jin and Kazuya from fighting to prevent Azazel from being risen. Similar to Zafina. (I thought those two would interact but sadly no :(
Hm..maybe their absences in T7 are related, then. Since after all( they both failed and Azazel was unleashed, perhaps something happened to the two of them preventing them to be a part of T7's story.

That's another annoying thing about T6 is that since they had a scenario campaign mode, what was the point of having additional/traditional character endings if their canocity is unclear? This issue is carried over to T7 as well. There should either be dlc that ties things up more, or the next games should keep all character arca tighter.

Top Bottom