• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag 2 GAF Winter Tournament - Begins Jan 6 - Stream, Prizes, Competition & Fun

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Actually NM; let's stick with 9:00 PST. Will give me time to make sure the dog goes out before bed.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
lyte edge vs. defectivelasagna

Match 1: 1-3 defectivelasagna
Match 2: 0-3 defectivelasagna
Match 3: 1-3 defectivelasagna

Winner: defectivelasagna

Destroyed by defectivelasagna's awesome Asuka/Nina team. He steamrolled right over me! Sorry the connection wasn't better...I was playing wirelessly since I'm in the middle of packing up for a move tomorrow.

SO GLAD TO BE DONE WITH THIS! FREEEEEEDOM!!!!! LOL.

I enjoyed this tourney (it's actually FINISHING!), but the no-shows/replies and amount of time it took to get these matches in was just too much. Likely sitting the next one out.

Good luck to everyone still in and as always, a big FUCK YOU to the dickheads who couldn't even bother to come to this thread and say they were dropping out or reply to PMs, delaying everyone's progress. I hope you blacklist them from entering again, Sayah. :p

Sayah

^

Awesome. Thanks for participating Lyte Edge. :D You got faaaar so it's something to be proud of. :p

Also, bracket updated. Degen & defectivelasagna, try to finish matches by Wednesday or earlier if you can. Kenix has indicated that he will be unable to play after this week so let's finish up this week pls. Thanks.

Narolf

Banned
Enjoy lurking this thread and witnessing the tournament in the shadows. Thanks for putting this together, Sayah.

Good luck to everyone still in and as always, a big FUCK YOU to the dickheads who couldn't even bother to come to this thread and say they were dropping out or reply to PMs, delaying everyone's progress. I hope you blacklist them from entering again, Sayah. :p
Yeah, not cool at all folks. People usually don't realize entering a tournament is a commitment, moreover when there are prizes on the line.

Sayah

I've sent the following message to everyone still in the tournament. I hope the times and schedules work out.
This is the timeline for the tournament that I am hoping to set before the finals. If the dates and times don't work, let me know.

Monday - Wednesday (Feb. 18-20)

Degen vs. defectivelasagna

Thursday - Friday (Feb. 21-22)
Kenix vs. winner of previous match

Friday Evening

Loser's Finals and Grand Finals on stream. I'll try to see if Hellix or Kadey can stream.

Final Boss Round

Winner of Tournament vs. Markman

Degen

If we can't play tonight, I can make that work sometime after 8pm (EST) Tuesday or after 11pm on Wednesday

defectivelasagna: got your friend request. hit me up

Degen

got BODIEDDDDDDDSDFGHJKD

0-3 defectivelasagna

Good stuff. Best Asuka I've ever fought

EDIT: Just wanted to say thanks to Sayah for setting this up, Hellix for streaming when it was possible, and everybody else for cooperating to get the bracket moving. GGs all around

peace gents; stay ss3+4

kenix

Neo Member
DefectL, when u want to play bud? i'm availiable now through out the night (it's 10:38pm here EST), so shoot me a pm or reply here whenever. if not i'm free after 6pm EST tomorrow. add me "tinhusau" on PSN

Sayah

got BODIEDDDDDDDSDFGHJKD

0-3 defectivelasagna

Good stuff. Best Asuka I've ever fought

EDIT: Just wanted to say thanks to Sayah for setting this up, Hellix for streaming when it was possible, and everybody else for cooperating to get the bracket moving. GGs all around

peace gents; stay ss3+4

Damn.......our last Williams player is out.
Thanks for playing man.

Sayah

Yeer. We only got the finals left now and it's only Wednesday.
i lost. 3-1. was too laggy for me :(

You did really well kenix. Getting this far is no ordinary feat. And really appreciate your quickness with everything. I still haven't been able to invite you to a lobby. I have you on PSN so we'll play some matches soon. :)

AAK

Wow, good stuff to defectivelasagna for running a gauntlet in Loser's bracket. Beware of Wonkey's execution... you will be electiced ;)

AAK

This ain't looking good... my connection is so finnicky right now. I get randomly disconnected in my matches right now. The game even flagged me for rage quitting LOL. Hope it'll last the night.

Sayah

Yeah, too late for this to happen now. Guess you guys will have to set up the matches on your own at whatever times fit best.

Hey guys i'm really sorry about last night i mistakenly thought it was at 11 PM PST, and i was busy last night too so i'm really sorry! Should we find a unified time this weekend?

Sayah

Hey guys i'm really sorry about last night i mistakenly thought it was at 11 PM PST, and i was busy last night too so i'm really sorry! Should we find a unified time this weekend?

I just realized this is all actually my fault. I told you 10 or 11 p.m. but I assumed you were in the Eastern time zone the whole time. And now I just checked and you are actually in the West Coast. Wow, I suck. We can schedule another time if you'd like. Will ask Kadey if she can stream again once all three of you give a day and time that works.

I just realized this is all actually my fault. I told you 10 or 11 p.m. but I assumed you were in the Eastern time zone the whole time. And now I just checked and you are actually in the West Coast. Wow, I suck. We can schedule another time if you'd like. Will ask Kadey if she can stream again once all three of you give a day and time that works.

Yeah that sounds great, i've pm'd Flying Wonkey about the time so i'll let you know

Didn't receive the PM, maybe you typed in a wrong name? lol.

Well anyways when is the next available time for stream? I'd hate to be a bore and do LF & GF off stream.

Didn't receive the PM, maybe you typed in a wrong name? lol.

Well anyways when is the next available time for stream? I'd hate to be a bore and do LF & GF off stream.

That's weird, i sent it with my phone. it was about setting up the time for the match, i guess we should wait until the streaming time is set as well then? Btw you're in australia right? So i think our match would probably be as smooth as 2 bars at most lol

Sayah

It's better if you guys give a day that works for all of you. Then, I'll ask either Hellix or Kadey if they can stream on that day.

Sayah

I hope all three of you can play tonight. Kadey can probably stream and we can finish up the tournament tonight. Already delayed everything too long.

Welp, third place it is! Congrats to flying wonkey for kicking my ass, and AAK for first place! you guys are crazy good and i'm not even sure how i got into the finals. A big thanks to Sayah for organizing everything, it's been a long process but it was all in all super fun!

Degen

Great matches, guys. Can't do a thing against any of you three. Damn that stream was hype

Congrats AAK for taking Grand Finals

next time I'm gonna take you all out. real talk

AAK

Real Talk, Wonkey was straight up the legit Tekken player in that grand finals. His backdashing and execution were far superior. I could derp with Hwoarang strings since the lag wouldn't let him duck the highs in time. If I ever come by to Australia I'll let you have a legit comeback my brother!

And good stuff to you too DL! Your backdashing was super crisp. That was awesome to watch :)

Sayah

Here are the tourney winners:

1st place: AAK
2nd place: Flying Wonkey
3rd place: defectivelasagna

Kadey will upload matches to youtube.

Thanks to all the players for playing and to Hellix and Kadey for streaming.

Welp, third place it is! Congrats to flying wonkey for kicking my ass, and AAK for first place! you guys are crazy good and i'm not even sure how i got into the finals. A big thanks to Sayah for organizing everything, it's been a long process but it was all in all super fun!

Thanks man. I still think I could have done a whole lot better job at organizing this. But it went well overall.

Why was I not told about this?

You joined gaf too late.

Narolf

Banned
Congratulations to the winners and thanks again to Sayah for hosting! Enjoyed witnessing the tournament from scratch to finish.

Top Bottom