• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag 2 GAF Winter Tournament - Begins Jan 6 - Stream, Prizes, Competition & Fun

Hyun Sai

hey HSai, do u want to play today. i'm available today all day. i'll get on for sure at 6pm EST.
Unfortunately, tonight will not be possible. Every other day of the week will be fine, between 9 and 11 PM EAST. Just tell me when you want it done.

Canada vs Australia coming up! When would you like to do this Wonkey? I'll be home all day doing homework. :)

I was hoping to wait it out a little bit so that the losers bracket could catch up, or at least til next stream time. But sure If you would rather do it anytime soon I'm good to go now. Sending out friend invite in a bit..

AAK

I was hoping to wait it out a little bit so that the losers bracket could catch up, or at least til next stream time. But sure If you would rather do it anytime soon I'm good to go now. Sending out friend invite in a bit..

Got it online now! Matches with me aren't going to be the greatest unfortunately :( My connection is VERY sloppy so I think it's better if we just get it over with :)

AAK

Good games Zoran, Heihachi and Armor King are very Lag friendly, and I feel VERY grimy right now. But GG's.

1. AAK (Heihachi/Armor King) vs Flying Wonkey (Devil Jin/Lei) 3-0
2. AAK (Heihachi/Armor King) vs Flying Wonkey (Devil Jin/Lei) 3-2
3. AAK (Heihachi/Armor King) vs Flying Wonkey (Devil Jin/Lei) 3-2

Sayah

Alright, losers bracket is all that's left. The sooner you guys finish your matches, the sooner this tournament is over. So far, everything went as scheduled. We should be into the semi-finals and finals very soon.

GrayFoxPL

Alright, losers bracket is all that's left. The sooner you guys finish your matches, the sooner this tournament is over. So far, everything went as scheduled. We should be into the semi-finals and finals very soon.

You should pop up after finals as a secret final boss. :D

GrayFoxPL

hahahaha.

Markman has agreed to be the final boss for this tournament. I probably should have kept it a mystery but I already revealed everything in the OP.

Markman as a boss, nice.

I had a bizzare dream 2 days ago, where MM was seen as a Tekken bully. Then me and some other guy fought him 2 on 1 where he was King. Then we bullied him basically as a revenge. Strange thing it was like Tag 2 was both a game and reality at the same time. :p

kenix

Neo Member
i'm ready anytime today. So rite now its exactly 6:42pm here EST. LMK

edit: i sent u an invite SAi.

AAK

I have a challenge for you O brotherly Sayah! Assuming I win this tournament... and then I rip apart MarkMan (that's right Mr. Guardian Angel of the FGC! Your time behind the desk must have made you RUSTY!).... Me and you Sayah, we'll have a 1 on 1! Winner TAKE ALL. A First to 7, Streamed live. That first place Arcade stick goes to the victor, Loser gets NOTHING. What do you say?

Sayah

I have a challenge for you O brotherly Sayah! Assuming I win this tournament... and then I rip apart MarkMan (that's right Mr. Guardian Angel of the FGC! Your time behind the desk must have made you RUSTY!).... Me and you Sayah, we'll have a 1 on 1! Winner TAKE ALL. A First to 7, Streamed live. That first place Arcade stick goes to the victor, Loser gets NOTHING. What do you say?

I would be happy to play with you but I really would not feel happy taking your prize if you win. :p It would be like you working all the way to the end of the bracket and then not winning anything at all.

AAK

I would be happy to play with you but I really would not feel happy taking your prize if you win. :p It would be like you working all the way to the end of the bracket and then not winning anything at all.

I already won something... and that's the opportunity to play Tekken. This game is so consummate that just playing it is a reward in itself. A material prize is just an icing on the glorious cake :) And besides, we both did work to get here, you had to put in the work to organize the entire thing along with diligently maintaining it, while I just had to show up. It makes too much sense for you to participate in this tournament in some shape or form.

I know I've been subjected to near 20 loss streaks at your hand in the past... but I promise I'll give you a run for your money this time! We can call it a GAF grudge match with the arcade stick prize on the line! ;)

kenix

Neo Member
Dsix, i'm free today. i have a feeling it's gonna be a lag fest cuz i'm in USA. but we gonna try anyway. hit me up on psn "tinhusau". i definately be on for sure at 7pm EST or whenever u see this message and reply. sry i don't know what time zone u in.

DEATH™

I already won something... and that's the opportunity to play Tekken. This game is so consummate that just playing it is a reward in itself. A material prize is just an icing on the glorious cake :) And besides, we both did work to get here, you had to put in the work to organize the entire thing along with diligently maintaining it, while I just had to show up. It makes too much sense for you to participate in this tournament in some shape or form.

I know I've been subjected to near 20 loss streaks at your hand in the past... but I promise I'll give you a run for your money this time! We can call it a GAF grudge match with the arcade stick prize on the line! ;)

If you really want, you can give the stick to me :p

But in all seriousness, sayah got a point that he got NOTHING to lose and EVERYTHING to win... He didn't work up on the brackets, and nothing is at stake on him. It's not a grudge match AT ALL...

However... If Sayah throws at least $100 in the pot...

EDIT: Why am I talking like you won everything already? Defeat Wonkey first bro...

AAK

Nobody is a loser when you play Tekken ;)

But in all honesty, Sayah was the one who Pioneered this tournament and accomplished within a month what I couldn't given nearly 3. The only way I believe me or whoever wins the grand finals can be declared the victor is by prying it from Sayah's own flesh! (after styling on MarkMan ;P)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm shitty at this game. But if you ever make it to an offline event (I don't play online), I will glady kick the shit out of you guys.

When I was competitive I was able to get good results. ;)

<3

Sayah

Really really appreciate this offer. But I really am gonna feel mad lousy if I end up getting your hard-earned prize. haha. I know where you're getting at, though.

I accept your challenge and I'll be Boss #2 (if you win). But you get to keep the arcade stick regardless of the outcome. I have no experience at all with arcade sticks anyway. You would find much more use from it. :p

I'm shitty at this game. But if you ever make it to an offline event (I don't play online), I will glady kick the shit out of you guys.

When I was competitive I was able to get good results. ;)

<3

If I ever see you at a tournament, our matches are ooooon. :)

DSix

Banned
I lost to Kenix 3-1, it was playable enough to call it fair and square. It was fun and good training for me. GGs Kenix.

edit: oh I see, it's already up to date.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Rolentooooooooooooooooooo where are you?

EDIT: PM'd him earlier today too.

Update: I might not be free till way later tonight due to having to build a program for an art show going up next month. If Sunday is ok ill most likely be free after 3pm that day. Ill be more likely free if I get a heads up and set time aside

Lyte Edge

Update: I might not be free till way later tonight due to having to build a program for an art show going up next month. If Sunday is ok ill most likely be free after 3pm that day. Ill be more likely free if I get a heads up and set time aside

Tomorrow might be better, yeah. Been a crazy busy day. We have to move on the 17th and 18th, plus we just got a dog. I'm pretty beat.

Sayah

Alright, hoping Lyte Edge and Rolento can finish their match today. Haven't heard anything from Mighty or defectivelasagna.

hope we can finish this tourney soon. will be out of town for 3months in 2 weeks.

We should be done before then. Actually, this week is most likely the last week for this tourney.

Lyte Edge

Haven't recieved any messages from Rolento today. He indicated yesterday that he may have to forfeit.

Sayah

Everyone's busy, I guess. It can be extended to tomorrow like usual. But if matches aren't finished by tomorrow, then Lyte Edge and defectivelasagna can get automatic victory. I want to finish the tournament by the end of this week.

Lyte Edge

Lyte Edge Vs. Relentless Rolento

Match 1: Lyte (Scrub Alisa, Anna) Vs. Rolento (Dragunov, Jack): 1-3 Rolento
Match 2: Lyte (Scrub Alisa, Jay Cee) Vs. Rolento (Dragunov, Jack): 3-2 Lyte
Match 3: Lyte (Scrub Alisa, Jay Cee) Vs. Rolento (Kazuya, Jack): 3-2 Lyte
Match 4: Lyte (Scrub Alisa, Jay Cee) Vs. Rolento (Dragunov, Jack): 3-0 Lyte

Winner: Lyte Edge

GGs Rolento!

Nobody is more surprised than I am that I won. HOW THE HELL AM I STILL IN THIS!? LOL.

Lyte Edge Vs. Relentless Rolento

Match 1: Lyte (Scrub Alisa, Anna) Vs. Rolento (Dragunov, Jack): 1-3 Rolento
Match 2: Lyte (Scrub Alisa, Jay Cee) Vs. Rolento (Dragunov, Jack): 3-2 Lyte
Match 3: Lyte (Scrub Alisa, Jay Cee) Vs. Rolento (Kazuya, Jack): 3-2 Lyte
Match 4: Lyte (Scrub Alisa, Jay Cee) Vs. Rolento (Dragunov, Jack): 3-0 Lyte

Winner: Lyte Edge

GGs Rolento!

Nobody is more surprised than I am that I won. HOW THE HELL AM I STILL IN THIS!? LOL.

It was my stupidity that got you through :p I don't learn my lessons well

Sayah

Tournament update:

Mighty is extremely busy with work and time zone differences are hindering him from playing his matches with defectivelasagna. So I'm moving dl forward in the bracket so that we can finish this tourney.

DL, Lyte Edge, Degen, Kenix and Flying Wonkey, please try to get your matches done as soon as possible. I was hoping to have the grand finals by the end of this week. :)

i met you briefly back in WCG 2010 Grand Finals but we didn't have time to have a match :D
(same happened with Harada in WCG 2011 but i did take a beating from Murray)

Top Bottom