• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terra Battle (Sakaguchi/Mistwalker/Mobile) hits 2M downloads, console version get!

KTallguy

Banned
I was playing this for a while but just got sick of it. I kinda wish it had a real story/characters, instead of generics with backstory tucked away. But I guess that's the issue with the format.

I still love the art and the music, I haven't touched it in a while either...

Edit: Just tried to boot it up, now there's an update... I just updated it last week, I thought.

Falk

that puzzling face
I was playing this for a while but just got sick of it. I kinda wish it had a real story/characters, instead of generics with backstory tucked away. But I guess that's the issue with the format.

I still love the art and the music, I haven't touched it in a while either...

Edit: Just tried to boot it up, now there's an update... I just updated it last week, I thought.

Unfortunately it does appear to be a limitation with the gacha format. Although I guess the nonexistent writing for characters that you get as part of the story had something to do with it. Palpa was worthless :( Lizard King saw a lot of use but other than his little scenes at the top of the tower at the start of the game he became just another faceless party member.

Dabbled a little bit on the Mobile version, love the art and direction they've taken it so far. Glad to hear that this seems to have been a success for them.

MilkBeard

I've been playing every once in a while in my spare time. Terra Battle is a fun little game. It would be pretty cool to have the idea expanded to a fully-fleshed out console game.

I'm down for that.

duckroll

http://app.famitsu.com/20150503_522300/

Famitsu released a short interview with Sakaguchi today regarding the console version which they've promised to make. In case anyone had any doubts about his previous comments to Polygon, he once again stresses that when they put up the Download Starter, they had no expectations that they would be able to hit 2 million downloads. He wasn't sure if the game would even be successful, and expected the goal to be something far away. They currently have no concrete plans regarding the "console version", and Sakaguchi seems open to anything. He expresses interest in trying out new ideas, and says that VR tech is pretty fascinating.

So yeah, don't expect this anytime soon.

kiyoaki

The jump from a phone game to VR would be crazy. The Vita should work best for the kind of gameplay they're going with right ATM, but of course I'd love them to try their hands at a full-fledged console strategy RPG on PS4.

I hope they keep Terra Battle Terra Battle in the transition.

I am something of a Mistwalker mark, so I'll give anything they put out a try, but I would be a little sad if they just made a standard JRPG in the Terra Battle "universe."

Going on that, it's almost a given that a touchscreen would be mandatory, so if they approach it with this mindset we would be looking at Wii U, 3DS and Vita as target platforms.

zogged

I'll be interested in giving the game a go if it ever decides to release in Australia, which doesn't look like it'll happen any time soon.

http://app.famitsu.com/20150503_522300/

Famitsu released a short interview with Sakaguchi today regarding the console version which they've promised to make. In case anyone had any doubts about his previous comments to Polygon, he once again stresses that when they put up the Download Starter, they had no expectations that they would be able to hit 2 million downloads. He wasn't sure if the game would even be successful, and expected the goal to be something far away. They currently have no concrete plans regarding the "console version", and Sakaguchi seems open to anything. He expresses interest in trying out new ideas, and says that VR tech is pretty fascinating.

So yeah, don't expect this anytime soon.
...if he didn't think they'd be able to do it, why even put it up there.

Top Bottom