• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 |OT|

P6A6H.gif

Shaneus

cjelly said:
Eden Games have closed.

This game is done, unfortunately.

Shame the consoles never got the DLC. It did come out for PC, though.
Is that news to anyone else? That's the first I've heard of it.

Found this on the TDU2 site...

DLC1 Exploration Pack Still Coming!
Posted June 30, 2011

Hey everyone! First things first, we want to confirm that the DLC1 Exploration Pack is absolutely still coming! Many apologies for it taking so long but we want to ensure you guys will get a great product. The team up at Eden is working around the clock and still 100% committed to continuing to support the game and the community with ongoing bug fixes, more DLC and continued maintenance of the online services to give you guys the best possible experience online in Test Drive Unlimited 2.

http://www.testdriveunlimited2.com/node/509

According to Wiki, Eden wasn't closed, but 51 of the 80 staff were laid off :(

Fox Mulder

that sucks.

I was completely willing to pick the game back up down the road when/if it got fixed. TDU2 shouldn't have been pushed out when it was, but I hate to see them close down.

Picked this up for $8 on D2D today.

Feels bad man.

Looks bad man, controls bad man, sounds bad man. Just got to my first house, though. Giving it another shot tonight to see if something about it grabs me. There's certainly a progress quest appeal there, from what I can tell.

I just completed pretty much 100% of Ibiza. All the SP races, all the roads, all the photo locations. Only have the wrecks to find and I think I've almost got them.

I also finally spent some real time in Hawaii. Anyone claming this is not a better looking game than the first one really needs to do an actual A-B comparison. TDU 2 is FAR better looking in every respect. The only thing it is missing graphically is the HDR effects of the original.

It is sad that this game got passed over by so many and sad that Atari really pushed it out when it wasn't ready. They did do everything I wanted... nicer car models, time of day, weather, condo customization, better driving model, smoother road collision on curves, nicer visuals, more terrain to drive, etc.

Too bad they took out the real clothing manufacturers, put in less cars, less music, removed rental cars, changed up the mini mission design for no benefit, added a awful "story", and the online can be laggy.

It is still a good game and there are moments when it is a visual stunner in the right car at the right place in the right weather. I've sunk enough time and had enough fun with it so far that I think it has been a pretty worthy sequel over all.

thundr51

I played through a bit of this yesterday just to see if there were any updates (not really, mostly because I wanted to test my download speeds) and played through the C rank races. it's not a BAD game but I guess it could be so much more. My biggest gripe with this game is the license tests. Can't wait for a mod that will drop those. ...Oh and something to skip the HORRENDOUS cut scenes.

I know it'll be a while, but this game could be great with a little modding.

Desaan

It's still a good game, especially at that price. The game does have some performance issues on the PC, just be prepared not to throw everything on full because one slight hiccup at 200mph results in wrapping your car around the nearest object.

Man. This game had horrible direction. It could've been so awesome-- all they had to do was TDU1 + a new location + new cars + updated graphics + more simultaneous players in an instance. Thats it. All the Sims BS ruined the game and probably drove up the development time/cost by a large margin.

Ploid 3.0

Does this still have bad framerate? I got the PC version and it just ran bad when I got it, I couldn't play it long.

Isn't it a bit too late to hope for mods? The game has been out for a long time.

Barney

Neo Member
So, I'm in the mood for some good racing game .. I've the first TDU but didn't play it that much, do I go back to it or get the this one for $20 on amazon? (xbox version)

GHG

Gold Member
Whats this game like now that is been out a while? Especially interested in hearing about the current state of play for the PC version as its on sale right now.

Hows the handling and whats it like with a wheel?

clockpunk

Hey guys - just gotten back into TDU2 (love the idea behind the game, but a lot of decisions to maintain elements found in TDU1 could have been made to enhance the game significantly), and hope to mop up the last 3 achievements I need...

I don't suppose anyone here who might be in/lead a level 3 club might still have the game? There's a decent-ish online community still playing (surely to resurge once DLC2 hits hopefully in Feb), but it would be nice to join an active club. Such an option might be a nice addition to the Club options, thinking about it...

clockpunk

That is a good means of putting out the content - a mandatory update for free, fixes bugs, adds a few features, and so on, with the individual vehicles adding up to 800 microsoft points. Or not, if there are a few an individual does not want.

I like that model of distribution.

bjork

Man, awesome. My favorite part of TDU1 was the motorcycles, I thought they'd never show up here. Totally jumping back in.

Top Bottom