• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tetsuya Nomura (FF VersusXIII, Kingdom Hearts III, FFVII Remake) is on Xenoblade 2

Cwarrior

First guy design is generic while the second guy looks like one of better looking characters in the game.

xenoblade 1 had some nice character designs but the series has gotten worse with each game.

Again, that's not character design, that's artwork. There's a reason why in the Xenoblade credits, there is no simple character designer credited, instead they credit people for art design - from 2D to 3D to illustration works.

There's very little detail, especially in the faces. There are no detailed bust-up designs in 2D afaik. I think it also explains why the 3D model work in Xenoblade has a very different look from the detailed 2D artwork used for promotional purposes, because different artists expanded on the concepts on their own. They're not based on each other.

The faces & models look much closer to the promotional art then those designs you posted, especially dunban and Dickson which look came out better then there counter part, the low res textures on characters faces like shulk let it down.

I would love a remaster of xenoblade with high res textures in 1080p 60fps.

Maebe

We can see most of the dark-haired guy in the trailer when he's fighting Rex.

j5zxX6Z.png

His back:

Somehow he gives me the impression he pilots a mecha. I hope he pilots a cool mecha.
Eyepatch is still best boy

Piers

What'll be ironic is if Monolithsoft changed character designs to be more appealing to the Japanese fanbase, in response to vocal complaints (primarily from Westerners) to XB2's designs.

Probably because they were internally designed. I don't know how popular Saitom is, but he's definitely on board because Takahashi probably thought there was a fanbase or was a fan himself for some reason.

Ah the Honne art, he didn't really design the characters for Xenoblade but did concept art like that and even built real models for the Bionis and Mechonis. What I would give for a game with his art direction again.

Wouldn't be surprised if he did concept art for the Titans in Xenoblade 2 too. The Landscapes/environment give that Honne/Baten Kaitos/Chrono Cross vibe to me.

MicH

These character designs

336d0891d1e4545f5304910fb243b660.jpg

Look pretty damn cool to me, as i said before, Xenoblade's outfits and such always gave me an Ivalice type of feeling
Concept art or not, these characters all look much better than anyone we've seen in XB2. Wish they would have kept this style of character design, would've looked really nice in HD.

Those were the only two characters that looked any good. At least one of them looks to be playable, of course the other one seems to be a villain. :/

Top Bottom