• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tetsuya Nomura Reveals New Details on Final Fantasy VII Remake (Vehicles, Dinner at Jessie's, climbing stairs, and more)

Handel

They're really pushing CloudxJessie :messenger_tears_of_joy:

A dude who designed the characters for the original game who doesn't have a clue about what made the original special. Seems about right.
If you've played Kingdom Hearts it's clear he doesn't understand the characters for sure.

Skip to 9:13

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I know better writing than the dude who came up with Kingdom Hearts. So I'm fairly confident I can say yes. Problem?

Man, you are so far up your own ass its hilarious.

Aaah this just builds my hype. I enjoyed the demo and I can't wait to see how the game expands past that point.

I remember a decade ago, fans were begging for this. Like, just a remake with better polys and some of the chopped story bits thrown back in. Maybe a few more dungeons and superbosses. This is another different level of remake. Here we are , a month away. Even if it doesn't present a pitch-perfect remake that the vocal minority truly want, I think it's been a brave thing for SE to tackle knowing full well the criticism they'd be getting. They're fully aware what a monster project this is. For some people this'll be their first foray into this amazing game. I've actually reconnected with some old friends that used to play FFVII with me back in the day, and this game is what did it.

I'm hyped, and in a healthy way. I don't have any false expectations here.

They took 10-15 min and expanded it to nearly an hour without skipping a beat with the demo. Supposedly, there are even more cutscenes and moments that were removed from the Demo if what Jirard Khalil says is true (Completionist, watch his latest vid for more info).

Really excited for this game. Between the various interviews, demos, and trailers - they are staying true to the original while adding just the right amount of new stuff. I am going to remain opptimistic. Certainly beats trying to jump through hoops and go through mental gymnastics to find reasons to hate the game like some folks here.

Dark Oni

"Nomura: ‘Please give us the next part quickly’ - we’re fully aware of those voices. We want to deliver it quickly. Because we want to deliver the next part, having a higher quality and even more enjoyable than the first, we intend to deliver it as soon as possible, so please wait a while longer. Also, because I think we’ll be able to clarify our plans from now on when [part 2] is officially unveiled, please look forward to it. "

:pie_eyeroll::pie_eyeroll:here we go again "please be excited"

Top Bottom