• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TF2 Engineer update incoming?

that, along with the golden wrench fiasco from yesterday.

There's a new building blueprint on the wall with dual cannons on page 8. edit: maybe not. might just be the upgrade animation from 1 to 2.

Leunam

delirium said:
People already looking through the files of one of the updates found a picture of a turret with a laser target.

I was thinking more along the lines of the shotgun in their newest video.

Also, this is pretty cool:

Nns1H.jpg

Hilarious read, as usual. I love the blonde australian girl with mustache on page 09. I loved australium.

Well, I loved the entire page 09 so much, I'm making a poster of it.

Sai-kun

Banned
I can't be the only one waiting for them to release a special Gold Wrench now, can I? :lol

Also: July 17? :D

Edit: I just realized, he's finally going to make a Not-Dying Machine :lol

Javaman said:
I wonder what's encoded into that messed up horizontal line in the pic.

Sorry, my screen is having this kind of jaggies and I guess it's from my graphic card... I didn't expected it to force into the image.

delirium

All the old wild west TF2 characters are people from history I think.

Scout = Billy the Kid
Soldier = Stonewall
Pyro = Abraham Lincoln
Demoman = Not sure
Heavy = John Henry
Engineer = Nikola Tesla
Medic = Not sure
Sniper = Davey Crocket
Spy = Fu Manchu?

mclem

So... game mode? Destroy the opponent's ever-living machine? Incorporating the boss-related dreaming people have been going since Catzilla appeared?

Also: Final page. Second panel. The front page of the blueprints document the times it was built.

There are *three* entries.

I would suggest it's The Announcer, but whenever we've seen her she's been, well, reliably alive.

MotherFUCKING ENGIE

The look of him in the comic kind of makes him look sane, but I still think he is awesome :D

Hm so his full name is Dell Conagher...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This was a damn cool update but we already know one of the weapons. The Golden Wrench.

What are the other 2? Life extending Machine and something else? Isn't that just a dispenser?

enzo_gt said:
This was a damn cool update but we already know one of the weapons. The Golden Wrench.

What are the other 2? Life extending Machine and something else? Isn't that just a dispenser?

Maybe lose the sentry gun but your dispenser is now aoe instead of having to stand right next to it.

enzo_gt said:

The laser/scoped winsheter-looking; shotgun-pump action-style rifle from the Mac trailer:

Newshotgun.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ezekial45 said:
I'm pretty sure it's that Shotgun the engineer had in the Mac vs PC video.

http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/File:Newshotgun.jpg
Ah yes, how did I forget about that? Then the third one, I hope it takes a PDA slot. But Engy can't lose the sentry, it's the role in battle he fulfills without being a pure medic. Perhaps something like the RC Truck Sentry in the Polycount pack entries?

I'm stoked regardless. And the comic was amazing.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
delirium said:
All the old wild west TF2 characters are people from history I think.

Scout = Billy the Kid
Soldier = Stonewall
Pyro = Abraham Lincoln
Demoman = Not sure
Heavy = John Henry
Engineer = Nikola Tesla
Medic = Not sure
Sniper = Davey Crocket
Spy = Fu Manchu?

Medic is Sigmund Freud it looks like.

Blizzard

Banned
delirium said:
I so want a TF2 style Wild Wild West look.
That's kinda what Lead and Gold is, except without as many weapons and class capabilities.

Javaman said:
I wonder what's encoded into that messed up horizontal line in the pic.
As far as I can tell it's not in the original comic, so I dunno.

Top Bottom