• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGA is a week away, what are your hopes and dreams?

My dream would be metal gear solid returning in a big way.

Realistically, I would like to see what naughty dogs has cooking and I want to see breath of the wild 2. I have a feeling the jump is going to massive from the first game.

Last edited:
My dream would be metal gear solid returning in a big way.

Realistically, I would like to see what naughty dogs has cooking and I want to see breath of the wild 2. I have a feeling the jump is going to massive from the first game.
Naughty Dog Metal Gear! (with kojima’s input of course)

Hunnybun

I think we'll get a Horizon FW trailer, because it's just so close now, so that would be cool.

In general I just want to FINALLY see a few proper next gen games, I don't really care which ones just as long as they're impressive.

Vaelka

FF7R and Bloodborne for PC is the only thing that comes to mind for me that I'd be excited about.

trikster40

That of the “we have a billion new game announcements” drivel he screams about every year, that at least ONE of them is worth watching.

Inanilmaz

here-lies-squidwards-hopes-and-dreams-squidward.gif

This. I want to see games that are only possible on the XSX/PS5.
Maybe I'm way off, but it just feels like this is still a very long way away. In previous gens we'd get prominent engine demos before the next-gen consoles even launched, like Agni's Philosophy or whatever Unreal puts out.

So far we've mostly just gotten some rocks in the desert. And if the main engine that third parties use isn't even ready yet, then it would be years before they use it to actually put out something.

I guess we'll see.

Fbh

What I hope?
Cool new IP's
News on FFXVI / FF7R part 2 / DQ12
An update (hopefully with a release date) for Hollow Knight Silksong
Hellblade 2 gameplay
A new game by Monolith that's neither a remaster nor a DLC
Cool new stuff by japanese devs (Capcom, Sega, Atlus, etc).
An actual trailer for Starfield (still too early?)

What I expect?
Fortnite, Fall Guys, Valorant, Among Us, Dead by Daylight and whatever other stuff is popular on Twitch
CG teaser trailers
"In engine" teaser trailers
Trailers for trailers releasing at a later date
A trailer by a Chienese or Korean company titles "project" something with amazing visuals, that's either going to be vaporware or going to go MiA for at least 5+ years.
A couple of interesting indie games

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I have no expectations, I just wonder why there are so many Esport awards. I hope those awards are not given out at the show.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Starfield
Elder Scrolls 6
Halo Infinite
Fable
Hellblade 2

Spider-Man 2

Flipping heck, I had to get a way down that list ... :)

I don't know. I'm hoping ES6 will be an amazing graphical showstopper, complete with new features only possible on the new consoles.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Final Fantasy XVI
Final Fantasy VII Remake part II
Silent Hills: Abandoned - A Hideo Kahraman game
Goodbye, Volcano Community College - A FLCL inspired side scroller beat em up
Seventeen minutes devoted to raising awareness for black lesbian double amputee game developers
The Last of Us: Part II - Stunning and Brave Edition
Devil May Cry 6
A pony

Doom85

My hopes and dreams?

Find a winning lottery ticket, be instantly rich, retire immediately, settle down with Emma Stone, Rihanna or (insert other celebrity crushes here), scientists and politicians make massive breakthroughs in cures for every illness, solving world hunger, and achieving world peace, and so I live an entirely stress-free awesome life.

Wait, FOR TGA?

george costanza ok GIF by HULU

I guess that makes more sense than me thinking, “sure is a weird way to say it’s currently December 2nd”.

boomcrab

I'm only expecting one or two really good announcements. I know Geoff said they'll be in the double digits but he has a way of over hyping things. I bet a few of them are just dlc announcements and stuff, I hope everyone keeps their expectations in check. TGA's historically aren't bombastic shows. But what am I even saying, there will be countless comments on how it's the 'worst show they have ever seen'.

Orpheum

I hope for anything Bloodborne.

I expect nothing just like last year. The only interesting announcement as far as i remember was the callisto protocol (which i highly anticipate) and we didn't see gameplay of it.

Kupfer

I feel like nothing in the last year is interesting. It's like devs are spilling around bullshit everywhere and all I see are managers who want to maximize their profit. The best games I played this year are old games for new systems with the exception of Hell Let Loose - what a blast.
But everything else I tried bored me real quick.

When did I become this old, grumpy and uninterested? Is it just me or is it a real bad year for videogamelovers?

Top Bottom