• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGA is a week away, what are your hopes and dreams?

splattered

I feel like nothing in the last year is interesting. It's like devs are spilling around bullshit everywhere and all I see are managers who want to maximize their profit. The best games I played this year are old games for new systems with the exception of Hell Let Loose - what a blast.
But everything else I tried bored me real quick.

When did I become this old, grumpy and uninterested? Is it just me or is it a real bad year for videogamelovers?

Depends on the systems you play on.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Something Metroid Prime related, either 4 or Prime Trilogy remaster
Wind Waker/Twilight Princess combo
Final Fantasy 16 or 7 part 2.
A couple of new, interesting IPs

MiguelItUp

Much like the last couple of years, my wants, desires, and expectations are well reserved, lol. I think 2 years ago I was real hyped before the VGAs, and was let down. What followed continued to let me down even when though I didn't allow myself to get hyped about it.

So, more of the same for the most part. I'll always hope for some stuff that I'll think is neat or cool, but that's about as far as that line goes.

My biggest hope and dream is that the rumored 2017 Prey sequel announcement also includes a ps5 version...

Season 7 Nbc GIF by The Office

stitch1

New high budget IPs. Yep, that's my hope. StarField is currently the biggest game on my radar mostly because it's a new big budget IP. I'm not asking for a remake or anything of that sort. Just new big budget IPs.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Something from Naughty Dog

New next gen exclusive games with actual next gen graphics. Story driven. AAA.

Bioshock and it looks incredible

arvfab

Banned
Hopes:

Playstation:
FF7 Part 2, new ND franchise, SotC PS5 upgrade, ICO remake, Last Guardian PS5 port, return/revival of Resistance, Returnal DLC, Uncharted sequel/spin-off.

Nintendo:
Pikmin 4, Pikmin 1+2 Switch port, Metroid Prime collection for Switch, Mario Odyssey (spiritual) successor, remake/new entry of Starfox Adventures, a proper Zelda game.

Xbox:
Revival of Black&White, remaster/remake of Lost Odyssey, remaster/remake of Blue Dragon, new single player only IPs.

Expectations:
Disappointment.

Last edited:

McCheese

They are showing Cities Skylines 2, not sure if that is a hot-scoop for you all or already common knowledge.

samoilaaa

Final Fantasy XVI.
ff16.jpg

It's been well over a year now since its reveal. The game was heavily rumoured to be releasing by the end of 2021 and now it seems to be a 2022 game. They've given it more time to cook in the oven it seems and I'm excited to see it.
im hyped for ff16 but i hope they fix one of the biggest problems 15 had , lifeless towns , for example a city like the one in ur picture should be filled with npcs doing their own thing
now with the zen 2 cpu there is no excuse

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Nintendo:
Zelda stuff (Switch HD ports + BotW2 trailer)
More N64 games before the end of the year on Nintendo online

Sony:
Bloodborne PS5
PS+ combined with PS Now, online gaming becomes totally free

MS:
Xbox Live Gold becomes free, online gaming becomes totally free

Steam:
Steam Deck Dock

Sega:
Mini Saturn Console

Go_Ly_Dow

im hyped for ff16 but i hope they fix one of the biggest problems 15 had , lifeless towns , for example a city like the one in ur picture should be filled with npcs doing their own thing
now with the zen 2 cpu there is no excuse

15 had a rookie development team, a director with a choppy record, was in development hell, and was then only given about 3 years of full production once rebooted and was created in tandem with the game engine.
I really dislike the game, but appreciate they achieved a lot under those difficult circumstances.

16's team seems to have their shit together on the production front and seemingly has been given much more time to cook in the oven, along with having a director and producer with a very solid record. I think it'll be a much better experience and more satisfying than 15, even in the worst case scenario.

kingpotato

Why would I want Bluepoints to make sequel to Bloodborne instead of FROM themselves? Just because they make graphics for existing game, doesn’t make them good game designers.
I don't get why everyone is foaming at the mouth to shit on Bluepoint in this regard. If it ends up not being an inspired sequel, then oh well, but it's unlikely From will make a sequel and honestly I would rather see new games from them at any rate.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I go in with no expectations. Anything they show will be a welcome bonus.

That is, except for when it comes to Kojima. The one thing I have on my wish list is an announcement related to Kojima. I won' t be devastated if it isn't there (especially because the long leadup to Death Stranding's release was painful), but it's the one thing I'll be keeping an eye out for.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I don't get why everyone is foaming at the mouth to shit on Bluepoint in this regard. If it ends up not being an inspired sequel, then oh well, but it's unlikely From will make a sequel and honestly I would rather see new games from them at any rate.
Because I care about Bloodborne and I rather see it’s sequel be made by FROM instead of Bluepoints which so far showed noting about how they themselves can make decent game.

the ONLY reason you guys want Bluepoints for this because of “graphics”.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Because I care about Bloodborne and I rather see it’s sequel be made by FROM instead of Bluepoints which so far showed noting about how they themselves can make decent game.

Nothing to do with graphics man From arent planning to do bloodborne 2

Its either bluepoint made it or nothing at all

I understands that souls puritans such as yourself will only acept souls game made by From but this is the best situation we can have right now

Oh yeah imagine bloodborne 2 look like demon souls remake thats some crazy shit that i like

Last edited:

kingpotato

I don't know who "you guys" is, but my thought is they are very concerned with being faithful to the spirit of the original for this HYPOTHETICAL sequel.

If you've watched any of the videos about their philosophy, they treat the original material with great reverence and since FROM probably won't make another it doesn't sound like it would be totally horrible for them to attempt a sequel.

My attitude is just wait and see honestly.

ParaSeoul

If I have to choose I rather not get Bloodborne 2 if FROM is not interested, I dont want another Silent Hill Homecoming.

I have zero trust on Bluepoint to make decent game let alone sequel to Bloodborne.
Only way a Bluepoint Bloodborne 2 would work is if they had direct input from From on design,the technical aspect they can handle on their own.

Go in with no expectations and you can't possibly be disappointed.

Well, you can, but it would take a "Konami is abandoning console gaming"-level moment.

Airbus Jr

Banned
If I have to choose I rather not get Bloodborne 2 if FROM is not involved, I dont want another Silent Hill Homecoming.

I have zero trust on Bluepoint to make decent game let alone sequel to Bloodborne.
Fine by me if you want to abandon the train

You are free to make your own decision

Im gona keep an open mind for bluepoint and see what they can do

Last edited:

lachesis

Next Ys installment - whether it's the Ys V remake (which I think it will be), or Ys X.

Hopefully it will introduce a new system, along with visual upgrade using their new engine.
While I enjoyed IX, the current system has come to a plateau, it seems.

And.. next Persona. I'm Persona'ed out for the time being, but if it's just announcement for next year or 2023 release - I'm more than interested in it... even though I think it will be 2024 to 2025 release. :(

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
nd.. next Persona. I'm Persona'ed out for the time being, but if it's just announcement for next year or 2023 release - I'm more than interested in it... even though I think it will be 2024 to 2025 release. :(
I personally more interested hearing news about this....
Project-Re-Fantasy.jpg

407240-artwork_2.jpg

Last edited:

lachesis

I personally more interested hearing news about this....
Project-Re-Fantasy.jpg

407240-artwork_2.jpg

Actually, totally forgot about this project TBH. This has been going on for like 4-5 years no?

I'm not really into traditional fantasy world setting, but it does seem like they are trying to do something a new - and indeed interested in their solution/approach.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
i'm hoping to not watch it. But I always say that, and then I end up watching it. And I'm always disappointed.

Please show Metroid Prime 4.

Saber

I would expect more sweet Elden Ring gameplay and mechanics. Maybe more areas and enemies to show.

Lmao at people Bloodborne hopium

Top Bottom