• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#ThanksMichelleObama - Students tweet gross lunch pics to First Lady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corgi

Banned
I mean thats just stuffing. can you even make stuffing not look like it came out of a turkey's ass?

And 'sloppy' food tend to taste the best imo :p

b2_5o3rcyaezmre.jpg

Maybe if you added BBQ sauce I could support this.

wow, haha thats just awful
im pretty sure prisoners get better food then that

i remember my school had PB & J sandwiches if you didn't want the main food, i lived off that and chocolate milk x strawberry milk errrrrday back in middle school

well unless it was rectangle pizza day, i loved those days, also hot dog days, they were actually decent, buns x french fries

Okay, but you need to be blaming your raggedy ass school for cutting corners and giving you these struggle meals instead of getting the actual healthy food.

Um no, the government in many states has started to impose stupid new rules on school lunches to a ridiculous level.

People won't stand for this shit very long, they charge a ridiculous amount for this shit and are basically starving the kids that can't fork over another load of money for barely any seconds.
My brother, a senior in highschool pays like $2.75 and on the average day gets 3 chicken nuggets, 3 tater tots and a freaking fruit cup.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Middle school was the absolute peak of school lunch, we had spicy popcorn chicken and cajun fries. High school saw a decline, where turkey dogs and the taquitos were edible. We eventually had a pizza hut that was severely over priced.

DOWN

Banned
When I was a kid my parents packed my lunch.

Um no, the government in many states has started to impose stupid new rules on school lunches to a ridiculous level.

People won't stand for this shit very long, they charge a ridiculous amount for this shit and are basically starving the kids that can't fork over another load of money for barely any seconds.
My brother, a senior in highschool pays like $2.75 and on the average day gets 3 chicken nuggets, 3 tater tots and a freaking fruit cup.
A lot of these kids can't afford lunch. They attend school but have low income families and qualify to receive lunch for free. For a lot of students, it's supposed to be their best meal each day. For athletes, it often is supposed to hold them over through practice.

Aiustis

My favorite days were spanish rice or herb rice days.

I packed a lunch starting middle school. I feel sorry for poor kids.

Loofy

A lot of these kids can't afford lunch. They attend school but have low income families and qualify to receive lunch for free. For a lot of students, it's supposed to be their best meal each day. For athletes, it often is supposed to hold them over through practice.
I think theres better ways to go about it, like food stamps to low income families. The whole lunch program just seems like yet another billion dollar lobby pulling strings in the government.. oh yeah because it is.

Ferrio

Banned

Wait, are you saying he should get more for 2.75?

Kite

b2_5o3rcyaezmre.jpg

Looks fake to me, like they removed the bun, toppings and all the salad leaving only the tomato for comedy purposes lol

Im glad I was out when the going was still good.
Daily Potato bar/Salad bar
Daily Pizza bar
And the regular 2 daily options.
Along with optional Milo's sweet tea($.25 overpriced but whatever)

DOWN

Banned
Michelle Obama does not run the USDA and FDA.

Your shitty school just served you shitty food.
She backed laws that changed nutritional requirements, including sodium, sugar, and calorie limits. That's how they are jokingly linking the issue to her. Some schools are meeting the new requirements well, but many are just not meeting their budgets or are serving less and worse options to stay within the limits.

Ferrio

Banned
Uh, yes?

I don't know where you live but here in Alabama at that price you have much better alternatives.

Heck i'd take a damn Banquet tv dinner that has the same quality of food with double the amount for $1.

Ah Alabama, ya price of living is probably much lower. Even so that's pretty cheap.

She backed laws that changed nutritional requirements, including sodium, sugar, and calorie limits. That's how they are jokingly linking the issue to her. Some schools are meeting the new requirements well, but many are just not meeting their budgets or are serving less and worse options to stay within the limits.

Queen Michelle out of control.

I still remember the old rare "Crispito Friday" in middle school when everyone(literally, boys, girls, teachers, etc) would all buy like 5-10 extras each.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
MREs from the 80s looked better than that shit the kid snapped off.

Chicken Á La King and Beef Stew 4 life.

soylent-green.jpg

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Fuck these kids. I grew up with fucking rectangle pizza with cubed pepperoni!

Screen-shot-2013-04-08-at-10.39.09-AM1.png

Oh,god...

I firmly believe this nasty ass shit is the sole reason why dipping pizzas in ranch dressing has become so widely done and accepted. You had to dip this pizza in ranch to make it even slightly edible.

Fuck these kids. I grew up with fucking rectangle pizza with cubed pepperoni!

Screen-shot-2013-04-08-at-10.39.09-AM1.png

That pizza was so bad, like an even shittier version of microwaved pizza still ate it whenever we had it. My high school moved to a new building my Junior year and we had a dedicated "ala carte" option that had way better pizza though I guess that's not saying much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom