• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Agency (Sony PC/PS3 MMO) E3 Trailer

wanted them to show me that the shooting worked, style needs some tweeking though, like it better before. Now if the spying is on point I'll buy.

Metal B

So from a spy game to a Team Fortess 2 Clone with a generic still?
I dont see any spy or MMO Parts in this trailer.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Xater said:
It does look better but DC Universe Online still seems to be the more interesting title. At least for me.

sure everyone love Superheroes :p

I think DC Universe is also their biggest game since EverQuest 2 ( 2004 ? ) it's the game that supposed to bring them back to MMO market ( for me I hope they makes EverQuest 3 next ).

Zen

Banned
Rapping Granny said:
Oh dear god, this whole project could have went to fund Liverpool and their full Wipeout retail game.

what could have been, instead we get a generic looking dudbro game in a shit genre made by some shitty developers. SHIT!

Wipeout hardly has any sales power these days and it wouldn't have done much at retail, the Agency had more unique aims (if they're still intact following the development period, that trailer was pretty action oriented).

ShogunX

Metalmurphy said:
Cause 90% of the MMOs are RPGs and this isn't?

More like because this doesn't look appealing at all. Sure its going to have some nice features but when trailers are getting released looking like this one does then everyone is going to judge it on whats being shown. Sadly whats being shown looks like a fairly average looking game with fairly average shooting mechanics.

I expect The Agency to launch with missing features and low sales.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
SolidSnakex said:
Do you think that this is all that they'd look at for the game though? As you mentioned the majority of the media released for this game show it as a spy title.

Majority of the media...and then this. A straight up shooter trailer with a different visual style than last year.

Something is up.

I would love for them to have another walkthrough with expanded features, mmo set ups and more stuff like last year. I would love to be wrong. However, they need to get on the ball.

Xater

Totobeni said:
sure everyone love Superheroes :p

I think DC Universe is also their biggest game since EverQuest 2 ( 2004 ? ) it's the game that supposed to bring them back to MMO market ( for me I hope they makes EverQuest 3 next ).

Not only Superhoeroes but it really seemed to be fun when I played it last year (PVP).

CamHostage

Graphics look better, but execution looks worse from what they're showing. What happened to the cool stealth classes, is this just going to be a shoot-em-up now? Hopefully there's more to it than just this.

Loudninja

its one trailer that shows alot of action different from the rest of the trailers, that does not mean in any form that they change it.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
I'm assuming that the other MMO/spy network stuff still exists under this ad-friendly veneer.

Right?

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Come on people. Don't act like modern spy flicks aren't less about boning ladies with subtle sexual innuendo as names and more like blowing shit up in very crowded towns.

noah111

Still Alive
Just saw this, actually looking really good imo. I would love to get into a robust world MMO on a console, it isn't paid though is it? I remember something about that few months back..

Quasar

Been looking forward this for ages. Though I do wish it was more agent management and less shooter.

Anyone played the Facebook game?

What about that whole "2 Factions that play differently" thing they pimped the last time?

I i'm wondering if they changed focus as well or its due to the video demonstrating PVP.

It says that it is a PVP trailer so of course its going to look like a shooter. How else could they do the PVP in a game like this? Im more interested in hearing more about the cooperative story based mode. Hopefully we get more details at E3. The game does look alot better then it did before though.

JWong

Banned
Maybe it'll be like Huxley. Lobby free roam, maybe some free roam activities, but most of the battling are in instances.

Concept17

yellowjacket25 said:
It says that it is a PVP trailer so of course its going to look like a shooter. How else could they do the PVP in a game like this? Im more interested in hearing more about the cooperative story based mode. Hopefully we get more details at E3. The game does look alot better then it did before though.

I was really hoping for some proper espionage pvp. We really need more details on where this game is at.

KuroNeeko

A bit disappointed as this game has been on my radar for quite some time. I was hoping to see more spy-like elements - something that would distinguish this title from others.

Hope the do a better job at the actual presentation.

theBishop

Banned
KuroNeeko said:
A bit disappointed as this game has been on my radar for quite some time. I was hoping to see more spy-like elements - something that would distinguish this title from others.

Hope the do a better job at the actual presentation.

Yeah, it's almost like there should be a 2nd trailer showing that side of the game.

The whole schtick was that there would be a slick agency with gadgets and a brute-force agency with big guns.

kevm3

They are sort of doing a disservice showing off the FPS elements only. Compared to other FPS, this doesn't really look as good... They need to highlight the spy/mmo elements.

JWong

Banned
kevm3 said:
They are sort of doing a disservice showing off the FPS elements only. Compared to other FPS, this doesn't really look as good... They need to highlight the spy/mmo elements.
That's probably the pve element.

Looks garbage.

Here's hoping we get a lot more information and footage to understand exactly how this is supposed to be appealing - because if it's a MMO shooter - as interesting as that sounds, it doesn't look fun at all.

John

Aw man, when they did the trailer intro and all the characters were stylized in that clip I was interested at the visual style, but then they had to go and show gameplay.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
yencid said:
there are 2 sides in the game and they play differently:

this could be seen from the very first trailer, the chick (unite) tries to sneak in while the dude (paragon) busts in with a gatlin gun.
Yep, definitely going to pick unite! Spy stuff is more interesting than generic mercenaries.

939938_20100615_screen001.jpg

939938_20100615_screen002.jpg

939938_20100615_screen004.jpg

939938_20100615_screen005.jpg

939938_20100615_screen008.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/theagency/images.html

antiloop

Stripper13 said:
Looks garbage.

Here's hoping we get a lot more information and footage to understand exactly how this is supposed to be appealing - because if it's a MMO shooter - as interesting as that sounds, it doesn't look fun at all.

They showed how it works in another video from last year. It's a spy MMO with guns and factions.

Top Bottom