• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The answer of Xbox to the PlayStation Classic.

Thiagosc777

The only real advantage the PS4 game has is the games you can't play elsewhere.

That's the only advantage you need, there games consoles.

Can you play Modern Warfare 2 on the PS4? MS has more than 500 exclusives with BC. Every single one of those games can only be played on the Xbox One, with the exception of a few that have been remastered.

By both quality and quantity, Xbox One leads easily.

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Totally free? I don't own any of those games, so just like the PS1 I'd have to buy them and that cost money. The only people who will have "free" games from BC are hoarders or past collections.

Blam

Do they have an answer for God of War, Detroit, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Dragon Quest XI, and Spider-man?

So lets break it down, God of War another Sony-esque first party that follows a shitload of their other first party exclusives with okay combat, a bad story, and really good graphics? Detroit a legit bore of a game, Yakuza which isn’t a exclusive anymore and is playable on PC, but that doesn’t matter since Yakuza games aren’t really that good to begin with they are fun but not some masterpiece, Dragons Quest which I have no opinion on but I’ll just say it’s probably just like all the other JRPG’s? Spiderman is literally the only thing on this list I’d say they’d need to answer for, but even then Sony is moneyhatting Marvel just for that one game, but regardless of that isn’t there a multi platform 4 player coop Avengers game being done by Squeenix?

So really in any case nothing that you presented mattered and it doesn’t really push Microsoft to do anything, because at the end of the day the majority of the games being played on both systems is third party, and that’s it.

Can you play Modern Warfare 2 on the PS4? MS has more than 500 exclusives with BC. Every single one of those games can only be played on the Xbox One, with the exception of a few that have been remastered.

By both quality and quantity, Xbox One leads easily.

Brilliant, I'll say it again, Microsoft are charging 3-400 dollars for a classic console.

according to you though nobody wants to play old games?

Maybe you didn't realize what i said - for people who love nostalgic things. NES mini was expensive at launch, now it's cheap. Will buy sometimes. Rather to have small NES than original big NES. Maybe will play old Zelda even though i had played that game numerous times when i was a kid.

BANGS

Banned
Wait, are they actually giving away all those BC games for free??? Or is it usual PR bullshit? free trial or some nonsense?

SonGoku

MS just doesn't get it, people get these clasic retro consoles for nostalgia, collecting and the cool factor alone
You can already play the whole nes, snes and psx library on any cheap pc/laptop released on the last decade. with much better settings and rez to boot

MS just doesn't get it, people get these clasic retro consoles for nostalgia, collecting and the cool factor alone
You can already play the whole nes, snes and psx library on any cheap pc/laptop released on the last decade. with much better settings and rez to boot

This is the best point of all

Kagey K

Banned
Come on, he is obviously trolling. You said you'd ignore people. This is the kind of stuff that can be safely ignored.

The worst part is that they followed up that tweet very shortly after, refuting stuff like that, but nobody bothers to talk about that one.

Thiagosc777

The worst part is that they followed up that tweet very shortly after, refuting stuff like that, but nobody bothers to talk about that one.

Those are Sony fanboys being facetious. None of them are serious about it. The meaning of the tweet is crystal clear.

Calibos

So much Sony Salt in here I can barely breathe.

It's simple, Sony tried to copy Nintendo here and also answer MS backwards compatibility feature....They have failed miserably with this offering. Just look around the internet gaming sites at the reaction to their announcement of the PS Classic.

Microsoft's tweet is no better than that Kaz video from E3 on game sharing and ownership...but it's damn funny and a nice slap in the face that's well deserved. Exclusives, new IPs or not, MS has been crushing Sony in the services department for a good while now.

EDIT: First post wins it for the "Saltiest Sony Dog" around award.

Last edited:

Thiagosc777

Microsoft's tweet is no better than that Kaz video from E3 on game sharing and ownership...but it's damn funny and a nice slap in the face that's well deserved. Exclusives, new IPs or not, MS has been crushing Sony in the services department for a good while now.

MS should really rub their faces in it. I don't think they do it enough. This tweet is just one solitary thing.

Make fun of the PS Classic. Mock them. Create ads about the Xbox Classic being the Xbox One, do something...

So much Sony Salt in here I can barely breathe.

It's simple, Sony tried to copy Nintendo here and also answer MS backwards compatibility feature....They have failed miserably with this offering. Just look around the internet gaming sites at the reaction to their announcement of the PS Classic.

EDIT: First post wins it for the "Saltiest Sony Dog" around award.

This is 100% a copy of Nintendo's mini consoles.

The idea this is the answer to Xbox BC is rediculous, it's a separate machine, if anything there answer to that would be in ps now.

It's a toy aimed at people who grew up with the ps1.

Codes 208

Not officially. Or at the very least a gray area in terms of legality

OT: ms having BC with improvements for X owners honestly would make a classic xbox kinda irrelevant so i get the point of the tweet (a slight jab at sony who more less straight ripped nintendo's concept, who in turn probably ripped it from one of those third party sega or atari machines)

Last edited:

The idea this is the answer to Xbox BC is rediculous, it's a separate machine, if anything there answer to that would be in ps now.

Sega release Classic Mega Drive 4 years ago. So, Nintendo copied Sega.

Shifty

I would consider purchasing an OG Xbox Mini complete with Duke. Extra points if it's a scaled-down duke mini that keeps the original shape and design.

Library-wise there's a bunch of stuff that would be worth putting on there. Gunvalkyrie, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio Future, Ninja Gaiden Black, Otogi 1 & 2.

I think there was something called 'hello' starring a guy called mister chief as well, but I wouldn't know about that.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Do they have an answer for God of War, Detroit, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Dragon Quest XI, and Spider-man?

And Yakuza 0, The last of US Part II, Bloodborne, Kingdom Hearts III, Day gone (Ughh), Infamous Second son, Nino Kuni II, Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, NIOH, Persona 5, GRAVITY RUSH 1 AND GRAVITY RUSH 2, Dragon Quest XI, And more.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
So lets break it down, God of War another Sony-esque first party that follows a shitload of their other first party exclusives with okay combat, a bad story, and really good graphics? Detroit a legit bore of a game, Yakuza which isn’t a exclusive anymore and is playable on PC, but that doesn’t matter since Yakuza games aren’t really that good to begin with they are fun but not some masterpiece, Dragons Quest which I have no opinion on but I’ll just say it’s probably just like all the other JRPG’s? Spiderman is literally the only thing on this list I’d say they’d need to answer for, but even then Sony is moneyhatting Marvel just for that one game, but regardless of that isn’t there a multi platform 4 player coop Avengers game being done by Squeenix?

So really in any case nothing that you presented mattered and it doesn’t really push Microsoft to do anything, because at the end of the day the majority of the games being played on both systems is third party, and that’s it.
That post you quoted sounds like salty fanboy but your post is no better.
giphy.gif

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
And Yakuza 0, The last of US Part II, Bloodborne, Kingdom Hearts III, Day gone (Ughh), Infamous Second son, Nino Kuni II, Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, NIOH, Persona 5, GRAVITY RUSH 1 AND GRAVITY RUSH 2, Dragon Quest XI, And more.
I'll admit, Kingdom Hearts 3 being included made me chuckle.

Thiagosc777

You know Sony fanboys are desperate when they add multiplatform titles, or mobile and niche titles to their list wars and claim they are "exclusive".

Zewp

Congratulations on being in the privileged position to not care as you own everything.

Not everyone is as fortunate, but feel free to just degrade people.

Not being able to afford all three consoles doesn't mean you have to be aggressively tribalistic about the one you do end up buying. That's ridiculous behavior. It's worth calling it out when people do it.

You know Sony fanboys are desperate when they add multiplatform titles, or mobile and niche titles to their list wars and claim they are "exclusive".

The fact you pull out words like niche to discredit games says alot.

And you call them list wars to try and avoid being asked to make a list any better of Xbox offerings.

Blam

That post you quoted sounds like salty fanboy but your post is no better.

Oh I know how it sounds, just trynna prove a point that games in the end don't matter for either system. I mean shit it'll make me sound like a Xbox fanboy, but my current stance for console wars is that both systems are nice stools for my feet.

So you don't dispute my point? Just my price
But calling the Xbox a classic console is wrong entirely?

Thiagosc777

The fact you pull out words like niche to discredit games says alot.

And you call them list wars to try and avoid being asked to make a list any better of Xbox offerings.

Gravity Rush is the definition of "niche". That's the equivalent to games like Crimson Dragon or Lococycle on Xbox. It's absurd.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
hahaha, lol, im not a fan of Sony (Only of Gravity rush), in fact i dont like the mostly of the exclusives , i dont know that Kingdom Hearts III Will launch in XBOX ONE Too.

But yes, at least Microsoft Should Bring more New I.P.

EDIT: Gravity rush 1 and 2 are Cult Videogames, yes niche, but have a lot of Quality.

Last edited:

BANGS

Banned
Come on, he is obviously trolling. You said you'd ignore people. This is the kind of stuff that can be safely ignored.
How the fuck and I "obviously trolling" by rightly being skeptical about games they claimed were free being actually free? That's delusional...

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Just like you I'm HUGE fan of Gravity Rush series but when you post something like this then you just bring unnecessary hate to the game.

And seriously I totally understood it that way. Granted, I never owned a Microsoft console, so I had no idea how their BC model works. I assumed it could be part of Xbox Gold or something. So yeah, I'd say it's totally misleading (possibly on purpose).
Okay that's more of a "you" issue than a Microsoft issue, that's for sure.

Thiagosc777

How the fuck and I "obviously trolling" by rightly being skeptical about games they claimed were free being actually free? That's delusional...

Because your argument makes no sense. It's just trolling to get a reaction out of people. If you consider having you own the game to not being free, then logically you'd have to consider your electricity bill, your rent, your taxes, the food you'll have to buy while you play, etc. The tweet would have asterisks until the atoms that compose matter.

Obviously the "Free" refers to BC and ability to classic games without having to pay anything extra.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Those are Sony fanboys being facetious. None of them are serious about it. The meaning of the tweet is crystal clear.

This thread proves the meaning was not crystal clear.

They worded it in a disingenuous manner, and now they are being criticized for it. Where were they the last 2 NES classic releases by the way?

So yes, they seem to want to continue "wars" even when Spencer who is at the helm, said a year ago or so, he does not want to do that. They seemed to unleash Greenberg's tactics again, since he commented not too long ago that the Xbox has "the most hardcore fans."

Their BC is fantastic, I applaud them for it, but if their PR is going to throw gas on gaming fanatic fire, this is what you get.

Exactly. It is novelty, nothing more. People have been asking for this ever since the SEGA ones, and even more so since the Nintendo dropped their sweet little boxes. Hell, search this forum when GAF was more lively, there are OPs asking Sony to make a mini PS1 like the NES.

Last edited:

BANGS

Banned
Because your argument makes no sense. It's just trolling to get a reaction out of people. If you consider having you own the game to not being free, then logically you'd have to consider your electricity bill, your rent, your taxes, the food you'll have to buy while you play, etc. The tweet would have asterisks until the atoms that compose matter.

Obviously the "Free" refers to BC and ability to classic games without having to pay anything extra.
I wasn't making an argument, I was asking a question. Can I actually play those games for free? It was that simple, but you went into full delusional fanboy mode and called me a troll for daring to ask something like that...

You know exactly what the tweet means. Don't be dense.
I do now. At first I thought they were saying the entire library of BC games was going to be free like the tweet implied. Maybe I was being dense but I don't play on xbox and I thought that was a nice gesture of them, I would have gone out and bought an xbox today if it was true...

Last edited:
Top Bottom