• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Apprentice UK: Season 13 - October 4th

Faddy

Banned
Yeah, the only reason the girls won was because they had a coherent product with some marketing behind it.

You mean actually doing the task competently.

There is no veneer on these tasks any more, it is all tick box exercises.

Box 1: Identify a market
Box 2: Name the product
Box 3: Give the programmers 3 phrases and moves
Box 4: Write a marketing board
Box 5: Pitch what you have just done

Along with an extra robot selling task to keep everyone busy.

Breakage

If you've never experienced the true stupidity of The Cunts in action before you'd be forgiven for thinking that. These fuckers are stupid. By the last few weeks we're usually left with some quite decent Cunts but to start with the noisiest and stupidest amongst them are the ones most eager to prove their cuntiness to the world. It's not just a trick of the camera, or crafty editing, they really are this stupid.

I've seen the show before on various occasions - this is just the first time I've tuned into this year's series. I can't help but feel that there was an aura of deliberateness about some of the poor choices and performances. For example, the Jeffrii/Siimon board with the awful blue text on grey background complete with grammar errors or the way eBot girls were talking over each other during their pitch were both moments that felt as if they were deliberately done for entertainment.

I mean, a lot of these contestants are professionals with senior roles outside of the show, so it's odd to see them behave as if they are newbies fumbling around on a business studies course. The way they handle themselves and interact with each other just doesn't reflect their supposed professional standing in the real world.

Perhaps the contestants have always been like this (it's been nearly a decade since I properly kept up with the show), but it does seem as if the show has become a parody of itself where no one geniunely tries to be a great business person. Maybe I just haven't met enough people from the professional backgrounds that the contestants come from to realise that their behaviour is normal.

Top Bottom