• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ |OT| 200 More Hours of Bad Keeper Runs

what's tech 0. not gonna get a chance to play till tomorrow
if it's anywhere near as good as tech x i want it

Tech lasers link the tears you fire.

They also cleaned up the visual from what I saw, doesn't seem as janky.

Other things

- Angry Fly now counts towards Beezlebub
- Jera breakfasting is fixed
- One makes you larger
- New transformation, "Stompy" after 3 "One Makes you Larger" pills. Causes cosmetic dust when walking, and randomly let out earthquakes of rocks when hit

Blog post

They brought on two new staff just for booster packs to try and speed it up

Telekinesis is a stupidly overpowered item, and apparently that's by design

Isaac and ??? literally could not hit me because it recharges as fast as it depletes. There's no down time. You are 100% immune to bullets from the front, and it also gives you like a chainsaw of tears.

The quality of sprites and effects of these booster items feels a lot higher than the last pack. There are a few less items than last time, but they're of higher quality, so it balances out.

Other than Leposy being spelled wrong in game lol. Leprocy. Oh yea, and the mirror doesn't break, despite dropping pickups as if it was broken.

UberTag

Has anyone here had success unlocking 5 Nights at Mom's on the Switch?

I've literally run the gauntlet on this achievement twice now with no successful unlock.
5 different characters. 5 wins. Beat Mom and Mom's Heart every time without skipping them.
I'm not sure what's preventing it from unlocking. The 3 consecutive wins achievement has popped without issue.

Steam doesn't seem to have downloaded the booster pack update for me. No notification in my downloads section...is there another way of telling if it's gone through or not? I know there's a "View DLC" option but is there a "View Updates" option somewhere?

Steam doesn't seem to have downloaded the booster pack update for me. No notification in my downloads section...is there another way of telling if it's gone through or not? I know there's a "View DLC" option but is there a "View Updates" option somewhere?

Two easy ways

- Enable a mod and check for the no trophy icon. If it's there, you didn't get the patch
- Check the items tab in stats and check for 6 additional icons after the final Booster 1 item (I think Buddy In a Box?)

So windowed mode is all blurry now when used with Steam Link. That, or there are huge black bars on either side. I have to pick between those two... It used to just work right all the time.

Uhh... Google doesn't have a fix

I can't play in Full Screen when using Steam Link, it lags way too much.

Going to try resetting my settings and see if that works. Maybe the resolution got messed up somewhere.

Edit: deleting my settings file worked

dickroach

alright, Tech0 is awesome. just had a great isaac run and got it on the last floor.
Telekinesis is a dud.

Any tips for ??? runs? Really struggling with this character for some reason.

keep restarting until you get Book of Revelations or The Relic on the first floor, and pray for Dark Bum in a devil room?

Any advice for getting Once More With Feeling achievement? I have the Rerun one which can only be done by doing Victory Laps and I tried the quitting and continuing trick but it hasn't unlocked.

Is there a concrete way to do it or is it still bugged and luck based?

Any advice for getting Once More With Feeling achievement? I have the Rerun one which can only be done by doing Victory Laps and I tried the quitting and continuing trick but it hasn't unlocked.

Is there a concrete way to do it or is it still bugged and luck based?
It's just taking a single victory lap to the Lamb, which Rerun requires anyway. I'm not sure why it wouldn't unlock for you.

It's just taking a single victory lap to the Lamb, which Rerun requires anyway. I'm not sure why it wouldn't unlock for you.

Yeah I know - I've done what you are supposed to but nope. Maybe the Booster Pack rebugged it or something. Only got this one and the two Daily ones left - and I probably won't get those but seeing as I've done Victory Laps it's a bit annoying it hasn't popped.

Breads

Banned
Gotta push for Hush.

Pushing for Hush with the lost is scary though :(

:edit:

As a break I did a completion run with Eden since I didn't have any of their hard mode marks.

First angel room had two angels and over time I amassed wafer, holy mantle, and Guppy. Hive mind, Technology with passives that left me with -4 tears and 13 damage. During the Mega Satan fight I managed to get a portal to Delirium.

Delirium dropped in about a minute.

Feels good.

:edit2:

I just realized that I skipped the easy ??? fight though!

Any hints or advice for filling the greed machine? I'm up to 20% jam rate and it's basically jamming every 2 coins. I'm aware of the glowing hour glass exploit but I almost never see that in the shop, and it apparently only works 5 times per run.

Any other tricks?

Breads

Banned
Any hints or advice for filling the greed machine? I'm up to 20% jam rate and it's basically jamming every 2 coins. I'm aware of the glowing hour glass exploit but I almost never see that in the shop, and it apparently only works 5 times per run.

Any other tricks?

Most of my isaac experiance is anecdotal and semi recent (the switch) without an in depth understanding of the game from outside sources. I did read online how greed mode works though and this is my experience.

Every character has their own individual jam chance and they all start off at 0% and go up from there at a fixed rate. Although I've had it jam in as little as 10 coins at 0% I think it's safe to say that 100-150 coins in 2-5 runs per character is a consistent enough rate if you play your cards right. I was able to go from 180 to 999 in a few days. Hours really.

There are many ways to end up with unlimited coins/ easy greed mode kill builds. Just gotta pay attention to the store and learn when a run isn't worth the time. D20 + store bought battery is the easiest way to break greed mode but there are others that you should look out for. Blank card + Jera (which I found several times in the curse room) / 2 of Diamonds can also lead to unlimited coins and then there are items like D4 that can surprise you with a game winning build.

2 of diamonds/ Jera in general can lead to a good build and a greed kill with 90+ coins and indeed taking full advantage of item spawning familiars, battery charging items, cards, curse/ devil/ angel rooms, secret rooms, and whatnot will eventually open up greed mode in ways that you probably never even considered. Just gotta be creative.

Although none of it is as good getting the perfect hour glass combo I found that learning how to game greed mode in earnest was much more fun than constantly rerolling until getting the perfect combo.

Fuck cursed eye though. As amazing as the item can be you have to know when it's not worth bringing a character into the final boss with it.

David___

Banned

Any other tricks?
Play as different characters. The jam rate is independent from one character to another

Every character has their own individual jam chance and they all start off at 0% and go up from there at a fixed rate. Although I've had it jam in as little as 10 coins at 0% I think it's safe to say that 100-150 coins in 2-5 runs per character is a consistent enough rate. I was able to go from 180 to 999 in a few days. Hours really.

Play as different characters. The jam rate is independent from one character to another

This helps massively. I had no idea the jam rate was independent of character, I've been using Samson constantly.

So just beat hush for the first time.... Thank God I was op as fuck but I couldn't see my health so was having a heart attack even though I only got hit 2 times. Was fun run though!

dickroach

hmmmm so earlier I had a run where I had Guppy's Collar. accidentally died in a devil room by walking into an item i didn't have health for. i died. the "dear diary" death page came up.
when I just booted up the game just now "continue" was available, I hit it, saw Isaac die again, but I respawned due to Guppy's Collar. weird bug. seems good for cheesing.

j-wood

I need help. Something happened in my game to where when I start a new run, I'm in a room with all door locked and a switch in the middle. When I hit the switch an endless spawn of enemies starts going. What's the deal?

I need help. Something happened in my game to where when I start a new run, I'm in a room with all door locked and a switch in the middle. When I hit the switch an endless spawn of enemies starts going. What's the deal?

What happened in your game was you selected greed mode when you picked your character.

Had a fun game yesterday, where I rerolled all my stuff in a dice room, ending up with, among others, Host Hat, Ipecac and Soy Milk. So I decided to rush to Hush, blowing up doors without even bothering with the enemies. I beat Hush and unlocked the Void, which was nice.

AlterOdin

Maybe?

20170515165227_127bv2.jpg

Don't think it will hold, spent to much time trying to reroll to "forget me now" (car-battery kinda screwed me, and must have skipped it) + did not max swag.

PS. Is there a hud element for "swag" score?

dLMN8R

Maybe?

20170515165227_127bv2.jpg

Don't think it will hold, spent to much time trying to reroll to "forget me now" (car-battery kinda screwed me, and must have skipped it) + did not max swag.

PS. Is there a hud element for "swag" score?

Can you link me to a video on Twitch / YouTube / etc. of someone doing an amazing run like this? I've seen a couple here and there but haven't seen enough pro runs to my liking.

dickroach

what item pool is Moving Box in? I'm assuming the shop because that's where all the other box items are, but I broke greed mode and it still didn't show up.
it's the only item I haven't found yet

AlterOdin

Can you link me to a video on Twitch / YouTube / etc. of someone doing an amazing run like this? I've seen a couple here and there but haven't seen enough pro runs to my liking.

Sry, can't think of any. Think mainly this is because you have to grind a lot (reroll, jera, stuff, etc), and does not make for entertaining streaming.

Edit: Nooooo, got knocked from 1st :( https://greedbutt.com/plus

Strangely he got zero in item-penalty, is there a trick to that?

Edit: Only I can think of is to take every item in items-pools, then reroll your items to only get breakfest? If so I did not think of that strat.

saunderez

what item pool is Moving Box in? I'm assuming the shop because that's where all the other box items are, but I broke greed mode and it still didn't show up.
it's the only item I haven't found yet
What is the point of Moving Box anyway? The only use I can think of is moving multiple item pedestals into the same room so you can D6 or Perthro them all at once. Seems like such an edge case that I'd probably never pick it up unless I had multiple item pedestals already.

David___

Banned
What is the point of Moving Box anyway? The only use I can think of is moving multiple item pedestals into the same room so you can D6 or Perthro them all at once. Seems like such an edge case that I'd probably never pick it up unless I had multiple item pedestals already.

If I'm reading it right then you can steal all items from double item rooms, boss rush, and devil deals(?). Seems pretty good in that regard.

Wonder if you can horde chests throughout a run then dump them all out in the Chest.

Edit:

Had Jumper Cables earlier and ended up with the D7. Seems like more breaking potential if you get a good large room that has a boss that spawns mobs.

It can clean up messy rooms during a break, which is convenient

You can move lots of items into the same room to reroll them, or move them into secret rooms with reroll machines

It can be used as a poor man's Void, to carry active items around and between floors

When used with the Void, it can duplicate the effects of items multiple times because the Void is the buggiest thing ever

You can carry a pile of chests to the Chest

You can carry piles of cards or runes since you can easily move them all to the same room to pack up

You can move items into the same room to Jera them

Top Bottom