• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but like, if you can't speak to your family, then I dunno man
Sure, but we all have faced that problem. I'm gay and I have friends with relations who can't stand the LGBT, but I don't expect them or any other black person to literally disown (or physically assault, as IIM advocates) their bigoted kin. Be it homophobia or racism, it is incredibly difficult dealing with abhorrent opinions from people you otherwise love. How each person navigates that task is always going to be unique and situational. It can't be dictated by a third party, and certainly not one on an internet message board. The response to seeing people in a thread frustrated by family members should be empathy, not antagonism, because I imagine we all can relate to dealing with some fucked up belief or another from a person we'd still embrace.

Those who can't are incredibly lucky.

Malyse

Doey don't you fucking dare say shit about "Gotham is the best comic show". AoS is the best comic show by miles.

My fuck tonight was on point.

LotusHD

Banned
Sure, but we all have faced that problem. I'm gay and I have friends with relations who can't stand the LGBT, but I don't expect them or any other black person to literally disown (or physically assault, as IIM advocates) their bigoted kin. Be it homophobia or racism, it is incredibly difficult dealing with abhorrent opinions from people you otherwise love. How each person navigates that task is always going to be unique and situational. It can't be dictated by a third party, and certainly not one on an internet message board. The response to seeing people in a thread frustrated by family members should be empathy, not antagonism, because I imagine we all can relate to dealing with some fucked up belief or another from a person we'd still embrace.

Those who can't are incredibly lucky.

Well I wasn't saying to disown or harm them (As you said, it's easier said than done), just that if there's anyone I'd hope people could try and talk to, it'd be their family. That thread had several posts addressing what (white) people could do at home concerning Trump supporters, and that's one of them. We all have our own unique scenarios of course, and I do have empathy for those that have it harder than others in terms of "reaching out" to their loved ones, but the point stands nonetheless.

royalan

Here's the thing.

Don't want to talk to your family about them being shameless racists or unapologetic, conspiracy-guzzling fuckshit morons? Fine, do you.

But DON'T assault me with your bullshit. Because if that's the case, then you are NOT my ally, and I'm liable to cuss YO ass out.

It's just...its a feeling that goes beyond just offensive at this point. It feels like an assault. It feels like you're using me as your personal, emotional social justice cumrag. Like you get some sick fucking pleasure out of waxing poetic to me about how bad you feel, how embarrassed you feel, how terrible this is for you to sit at the family table, or be present at the family function, and occasionally be subjected to the racist hate that I already know about because it's my motherfucking life, you dumb trick. And now, it's my job to stand there, look conciliatory, pat you on the fucking back and comfort YOU. Because apparently this is now all about you, and how bad YOU feel being briefly exposed to the very hate I have to be in fear of every day of my black ass life. Congrats, what a motherfucking feat.

And of course – oh, of course – when I go to ask, "so, what did you do?" here comes the bullshit excuses about why you just couldn't stand up for the things you desperately want me to believe you give an actual fuck about.

So, I've already put all my non-black friends on notice. If you can't speak up and speak out about what's right unless you're in a fucking march surrounded by likeminded people with your dumb-looking pink pussy hat and your witty signs, if that's all you got...then you can miss my succulent black ass with your pleas for a pity party. I don't want to hear about your racist family dinners, or your racist cookouts, or your racist family reunions, or your racist hookups, or your racist office break rooms when I'm not present, or your racist D&D groups. Unless you want to tell me about how you almost flipped a table telling them about themselves, then shut the fuck up talking to me. Because I'm not here to make you feel better about your silence, and your inaction.

And that's on dubs.

Slayven

Here's the thing.

Don't want to talk to your family about them being shameless racists or unapologetic, conspiracy-guzzling fuckshit morons? Fine, do you.

But DON'T assault me with your bullshit. Because if that's the case, then you are NOT my ally, and I'm liable to cuss YO ass out.

It's just...its a feeling that goes beyond just offensive at this point. It feels like an assault. It feels like you're using me as your personal, emotional social justice cumrag. Like you get some sick fucking pleasure out of waxing poetic to me about how bad you feel, how embarrassed you fell, how terrible this is for you to sit at the family table, or be present at the family function, and occasionally be subjected to the racist hate that I already know about because it's my motherfucking life, you dumb trick. And now, it's my job to stand there, look conciliatory, pat you on the fucking back and comfort YOU. Because apparently this is now all about you, and how bad YOU feel being briefly exposed to the very hate I have to be in fear of every day of my black ass life. Congrats, what a motherfucking feat.

And of course – oh, of course – when I go to ask, "so, what did you do?" here comes the bullshit excuses about why you just couldn't stand up for the things you desperately want me to believe you give an actual fuck about.

So, I've already put all my non-black friends on notice. If you can't speak up and speak out about what's right unless you're in a fucking march surrounded by likeminded people with your dumb-looking pink pussy hat and your witty signs, if that's all you got...then you can miss my succulent black ass with your pleas for a pity party. I don't want to hear about your racist family dinners, or your racist cookouts, or your racist family reunions, or your racist hookups, or your racist office break rooms when I'm not present, or your racist D&D groups. Unless you want to tell me about how you almost flipped a table telling them about themselves, then shut the fuck up talking to me. Because I'm not here to make you feel better about your silence, and your inaction.

And that's on dubs.

Let the church say amen

Dai101

Banned
Here's the thing.

It's just...its a feeling that goes beyond just offensive at this point. It feels like an assault. It feels like you're using me as your personal, emotional social justice cumrag. Like you get some sick fucking pleasure out of waxing poetic to me about how bad you feel, how embarrassed you fell, how terrible this is for you to sit at the family table, or be present at the family function, and occasionally be subjected to the racist hate that I already know about because it's my motherfucking life, you dumb trick. And now, it's my job to stand there, look conciliatory, pat you on the fucking back and comfort YOU. Because apparently this is now all about you, and how bad YOU feel being briefly exposed to the very hate I have to be in fear of every day of my black ass life. Congrats, what a motherfucking feat.

And that's on dubs.

IDK784O.gif

Thread is gonna be nuked during BHM. It happened two years ago, thought it would happen last year but didn't.

But this is Trump's America now.

We not even make it to February 1st

Here's the thing.

It's just...its a feeling that goes beyond just offensive at this point. It feels like an assault. It feels like you're using me as your personal, emotional social justice cumrag. Like you get some sick fucking pleasure out of waxing poetic to me about how bad you feel, how embarrassed you feel, how terrible this is for you to sit at the family table, or be present at the family function, and occasionally be subjected to the racist hate that I already know about because it's my motherfucking life, you dumb trick. And now, it's my job to stand there, look conciliatory, pat you on the fucking back and comfort YOU. Because apparently this is now all about you, and how bad YOU feel being briefly exposed to the very hate I have to be in fear of every day of my black ass life. Congrats, what a motherfucking feat.

And that's on dubs.

I don't know what this in reply to, but damn your posts have that resonance royalan.

akira28

I'm mentally sending his reply out to a number of people both on gaf and away.
if your ears are hot and your spine is itching, check your mental messages.

Mizerman

Here's the thing.

And that's on dubs.

...Damn.

Here's the thing.

And that's on dubs.

Preach

Dai101

Banned
So what gaming youtube folks ar't a piece of shit tho........
Seriously

IDK. But if i ever found Max is one i'll be heartbroken. Like, literally.

Also, fuck. EVO lineup is the shitiest i've ever seen. I think i'll skip it this year if neither KI or MAHVEL make the cut.

Sch1sm

IDK. But if i ever found Max is one i'll be heartbroken. Like, literally.

Also, fuck. EVO lineup is the shitiest i've ever seen. I think i'll skip it this year if neither KI or MAHVEL make the cut.

I dunno. My disappointment is mostly in one too many Smash titles. KI should win, which is how it's looking as is.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Im the only black guy in my workplace out of like 30 people. 3 out of ~50 if you include civilians i work with.

If I ever catch that "break room talk" when they think i'm not around (that i know happens). I swear on the spirit of MLK that nothing will be able to hold me back.

It's a little out of one's place to keyboard judge how other people handle their familial or otherwise personal relationships.

Sure but then they shouldn't come online to talk shit about their family to people who can't do anything about it.

Here's the thing.

And that's on dubs.

Hell yes. I should have just quoted this instead.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
So im watching v for vendetta, cause im in the mood for movie to real life parallels...

Beginning of the movie...
Did you like that? USA... Ulcered Sphincter of Arse-erica, I mean what else can you say? Here was a country that had everything, absolutely everything. And now, 20 years later, is what? The world's biggest leper colony. Why? Godlessness. Let me say that again... Godlessness. It wasn't the war they started. It wasn't the plague they created. It was Judgement. No one escapes their past. No one escapes Judgement. You think he's not up there? You think he's not watching over this country? How else can you explain it? He tested us, but we came through. We did what we had to do. Islington. Enfield. I was there, I saw it all. Immigrants, Muslims, homosexuals, terrorists. Disease-ridden degenerates. They had to go. Strength through unity. Unity through faith. I'm a God-fearing Englishman and I'm goddamn proud of it!
:O

Here's the thing.

And that's on dubs.

This post is beautiful, just beautiful.

Izuna

Banned
I'll celebrate February like my bday (we'll, because it includes it.)

Give me a shit ton of reading material cause Bing! New ain't gunna.

I dunno. My disappointment is mostly in one too many Smash titles. KI should win, which is how it's looking as is.

The internet will fuck this one up just you watch. Judging by how there's 2 smash games, you just know which ones going to win...

Fuck marvel, I'm voting for ARMS

(lol) See!

The only thing worth watching Evo for has always been Street Fighter.

I thought BHM was supposed to be our version of sozin's comet :(

Oh it is, we're just airbenders though.

Sch1sm

The internet will fuck this one up just you watch. Judging by how there's 2 smash games, you just know which ones going to win...

Oh, yeah. It's disturbing the donations Pokken is getting. I wouldn't be surprised. Hoping for KI, though. Marvel 3 is beating them both out as is, and that game isn't a n y good.

---

Morning, BCT.

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump

Following
More
I will be asking for a major investigation into VOTER FRAUD, including those registered to vote in two states, those who are illegal and....
Here we go....this is how that voter ID nonsense gets a battery in its back.

Johndoey

Banned
Heading back to a total lack of voter protection laws and probably some version of pre-vote literacy tests.

All on the back of the man who is pissed because he didn't win well enough for his tastes. This is the height of mindless arrogance on Trump's part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom