• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The cast members of Quantico are like, really pretty..

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Including the dudes.

Saw this show for the first time yesterday. And I know, I know. Some might be wondering what's so shocking about Hollywood actors being good looking. But there's something uniquely different about the cast in Quantico that's somewhat hard to describe in comparison to actors from other shows. Like something, artificial almost. As if most of them were actual models before they became actors.

Anyone else feel the same way?

edit:

QUANTICO_Cast.jpg

edit: 2

Because people seem to be getting the wrong idea here. I'm not saying these guys are gods and goddesses. Hell, I don't even think many are above average but rather:

I wasn't trying to say they were like, examples of the perfect human specimens (that status is reserved for my wonderful Christina Hendricks <3), but rather, like there's some real time airbrushing shit going on as they're being filmed. There was a close up shot of that Indian chick (Alex, I think?) and I couldn't help but notice how she had no blemishes, or wrinkles or whatever on her face, though it was clear that there was a shitload of make up on her. That's what I meant when I said "artificial".

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yes, there is "hollywood pretty" and then there is the cast of Quantico, where its actually distracting.

You think you're the first one to notice? It's like ABC went "Yo CW, hold my drink" and upped their tendency to hire attractive actors to ridiculous levels

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yeah, they do cross over into the very attractive even for tv range. But I barely notice this anymore since I watch so many CW shows.

Edit: Oh, Shadowhunters on Freeform kinda has this "problem" too. Everyone is obnoxiously attractive.

Snagret

It's one of the reasons I couldn't stomach the show beyond the first couple episodes.

At a certain point the setting of a show is just unconvincing purely because everyone is so perfect looking and young. It's like the people themselves don't look "lived in".

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I don't even know what this show is about, but I was browsing Netflix once and had to do a double-take at the cast picture that showed up for it. It's ridiculous, haha.

RPGCrazied

CW does this for most/all of its shows? Look at Riverdale.

Ooops, its on ABC? Still, my statement stands on CW. lol Don't watch this show.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
yes, there is "hollywood pretty" and then there is the cast of Quantico, where its actually distracting.

Best looking TV cast ever. It's really rather insane. Never seen the show but the LED billboard outside my office window showed previews all last summer. The lead actress is some kinda goddess in earthly form.

Yeah, they do cross over into the very attractive even for tv range. But I barely notice this anymore since I watch so many CW shows.

Edit: Oh, Shadowhunters on Freeform kinda has this "problem" too. Everyone is obnoxiously attractive.

Shadowhunters didn't get the memo that they have to at least be at high school play level acting ability. They really tried, though.

In a way it's impressive they managed to cast two leads so devoid of ability and charisma.

rtcn63

Based on this pic I'm not seeing it. Maybe they look better in motion.

Sometimes GAF has this weird thing where simply attractive people are utterly gorgeous and average-looking people should just go out the back and hang themselves

Although still I'm uglier than all of them so

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Sometimes GAF has this weird thing where simply attractive people are utterly gorgeous and average-looking people should just go out the back and hang themselves

Not exactly. I myself have criticized that sort of thing before. Hell, I'm not even necessarily saying they're like smokin' hot or whatever. But rather they do seem like a "different" type of attractive than most other shows have.

Isn't that Langley?

That's the CIA.

rtcn63

Not exactly. I myself have criticized that sort of thing before. Hell, I'm not even necessarily saying they're like smokin' hot or whatever. But rather they do seem like a "different" type of attractive than most other shows have.

Maybe like someone mentioned earlier, a sort of ethnically-diverse-yet-no-one-is-even-remotely-ugly Vaseline that TV audiences likely aren't used to.

Kite

Isn't that Langley?
That's CIA.

OP thinks this is so mindblowing as to refer to them as "almost artificial"?

Alright.
Speaking for myself, I'm comparing this cast to other law enforcement-type shows like NCIS or Bones where the actors are also attractive, but more of them are rugged looking, look like they can handle a physical altercation and not all of them are model-attractive. Those waifish-looking dudes in Quantico.. I can't see em taking down bad guys. They'd fit right in a tv show about Hollywood actors or models, not really buying them as law enforcement.

ncis-la-season-7.jpg

ncis.jpg

faridmon

Its a CW-like show. Thats the only thing they got going for.

None of these can act so their look is the attraction of the show

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Shadowhunters didn't get the memo that they have to at least be at high school play level acting ability. They really tried, though.

In a way it's impressive they managed to cast two leads so devoid of ability and charisma.

I could only handle a couple episodes. It's awkward to watch cause the material is bad enough, but those actors...bless their hearts. Lol

Camwi

I'm not seeing it. The two people on the left and the two on the right are not attractive.

None of them are CW Beautiful™.

Top Bottom