• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The cast members of Quantico are like, really pretty..

Epcott

I remember seeing the commercials for this when it first came out and thought "These are some gorgeous government agents in training... fighting terrorism while maintaining their perfect hair. Yeah, ok."

But when I think about it, that's par for the course for American prime time. I have to watch British television for believably average face and mole faced characters ❤️

DOWN

Banned
I think CW is cheesy to a stupid degree for this. I can't watch their shows because it's was too obvious how superficial and unbelievable their casting of twenty-something models is. I think their shows are bad enough as is without teen appeal casting strategy.

Kusagari

Riverdale-Season-1-Cast-Poster.jpg

I watched the first season, and half way in...it was just hate watching to figure out who did it.

It's the worst fucking show I've ever chosen to watch. I didn't even bother with season 2. The writing is abysmally bad too.
Yeah fuck this show, it's so bad I had to hate watch it too but couldn't get through it so I read on Wikipedia for the ending.

It's practically a CW show cast.

And priyanka chopra (the lead female) is a former miss world pageant winner. Gotta round the cast out with other pretty peoples when she is your lead. She brings it too, lady has got chops with acting and emotion)

Future

Not only are they hot, there was a period where every episode had some workout montage full of half naked agents in gyms and locker rooms. Makes quantico seem like the dorm room of the gods

ryseing

Ok, this is legitimately distracting.

Even the parents are stupid attractive. Skeet Ulrich and Madchen Amchek are regulars/semi-regulars, along with Luke fucking Perry and Molly Ringwald. It's the most ridiculous thing ever and I love the show for it.

Dammit.

dabig2

Not only are they hot, there was a period where every episode had some workout montage full of half naked agents in gyms and locker rooms. Makes quantico seem like the dorm room of the gods

Sounds like my fantasies of Olympic village (summer games).

I only made it to first 10 minutes where the two new agents just hook up and then have very uncomfortable sex on the front seat of the car. I was like "O it's that kind of show. I am out."

For the record I was looking for realistic procedual to fix my Bosch craving.

Bandini

I mean, the dudes all look like doofs. The blonde girl looks boring, the Arab chick could be ok but I can't see enough to make a good judgment, and the chick in front looks like someone blasted her so hard with a make up gun that her face squished in. The black lady is ok but I want to be her more than bang her.

We all have our own standards of beauty I guess.

Umbooki

I remember watching previews/trailers with Priyanka and thinking about how distractingly attractive she was. She's on some next level beauty.

Socreges

Banned
Including the dudes.

Saw this show for the first time yesterday. And I know, I know. Some might be wondering what's so shocking about Hollywood actors being good looking. But there's something uniquely different about the cast in Quantico that's somewhat hard to describe in comparison to actors from other shows. Like something, artificial almost. As if most of them were actual models before they became actors.

Anyone else feel the same way?

edit:

QUANTICO_Cast.jpg
Need video. The pic on mobile might be too tiny but it just looks typical Hollywood to me.

DocSeuss

I remember seeing a thing ages ago that showed how different networks cast male leads, and the CW's dudes all basically had the exact same bone structure.

So old it might've still been WB.

Yeah, I'm honestly shocked how good looking everyone on this show is.

The first episode is literally just "hey look, archie worked out ALL SUMMER and everyone wants him now except Cheryl"

Socreges

Banned
Even the parents are stupid attractive. Skeet Ulrich and Madchen Amchek are regulars/semi-regulars, along with Luke fucking Perry and Molly Shannon. It's the most ridiculous thing ever and I love the show for it.
Wait I know all of those names.....and they're the PARENTS? Which show is this

Ok it's Riverdale and you mixed up your Mollys

Timbuktu

I can only really handle Friday Night Lights level of pretty. I think being CW kind of pretty doesn't get you that far as an actor though, given how the most successful of the kids from FNL are Michael B Jordon and Jesse Plemons, rather than Minka Kelly or Taylor Kitsch.

Monocle

Sadly (?) Priyanka Chopra and some of the other women are way more gorgeous than the guys. I tried to watch this show for the hunks and I found them lacking.

Riverdale:
To be fair 90% of this is due to superstud KJ Apa, who could have his way with me any time at all.

OK fine, the rest of the cast look great too.

You're probably thinking of male stars being too buff in movies.
I didn't follow that thread closely enough to know if we concluded that that's a ridulous premise, but it totally is. Hot men of cinema can stay hot pls. The dad bods of yesterday's men's men just don't cut it.

This is the big difference between US and UK TV/film. UK goes for realism over beauty, US goes for beauty over realism (and typically beauty over acting skills too).

And sure it is unbelievably distracting on shows like this and just about anything on the CW.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Do you also bring your motorcycles to work?

Nm48Oce.jpg

Dude, have you ever been in an emergency ward? We're spinning brodies on the first floor all day erry day, our stethoscopes blowing in the wind.

And as always, Littmann getting them marketing dollars from every medical show out there.

Pezking

But there's something uniquely different about the cast in Quantico that's somewhat hard to describe in comparison to actors from other shows. Like something, artificial almost. As if most of them were actual models before they became actors.

Anyone else feel the same way?

They just lack any sort of charisma. Being pretty alone doesn't make people interested in the roles you play.

That's probably the most boring cast photo I've ever seen.

xrnzaaas

Doesn't even come close to most of CW shows. It's especially disturbing when they're doing some darker show (for CW standards ;)) and there are still supermodels in the cast.

Top Bottom