• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The cast members of Quantico are like, really pretty..

Do you also bring your motorcycles to work?

Nm48Oce.jpg

Haha

rtcn63

That's Scott Wolf career pretty ensemble member

600x600bb-85.jpg

He got one-upped by Rachel Leigh Cook in Perception, although even Eric McCormack was looking alright.

Archie in Riverdale appears to be in his 30s. I don't read the comics so I don't know if that's canon.

McLovin

That's CIA.

Speaking for myself, I'm comparing this cast to other law enforcement-type shows like NCIS or Bones where the actors are also attractive, but more of them are rugged looking, look like they can handle a physical altercation and not all of them are model-attractive. Those waifish-looking dudes in Quantico.. I can't see em taking down bad guys. They'd fit right in a tv show about Hollywood actors or models, not really buying them as law enforcement.

ncis-la-season-7.jpg

ncis.jpg
I don't really watch NCIS but I sometimes catch part of it on tv. Could someone explain why that lady whos looks like shes in her 40s is wearing goth clothes?

I don't really watch NCIS but I sometimes catch part of it on tv. Could someone explain why that lady whos looks like shes in her 40s is wearing goth clothes?

She's the reason I never even gave that show the time of day.

And the double hacking keyboard shananigans.

entremet

TV and Movies have always been like this to some extent, but it's been a looks arms race in the last 30 years.

I'm a big movie fan and watching older movie and you see many plain to ugly actors. Not leads, but costars and such.

Same with music. MTV changed the game there. Janis Joplins was far from a looker. Not ugly mind you, but different than the female artists that dominate music today.

We've definitely become more visual as a culture. And this is hilarious since in reality we're getting fatter and uglier, due to the former, lol. Look at 80s mall footage. Tons of slim and attractive folks. Not because of amazing genes, but because slimming down, for the part, makes a human being more attractive--generally.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
the funny thing about quantico is that in season 2 they added even more ridiculously hot people. they literally spend their entire budget on babes(male and female babes) and no writers. at least i hope there don't actually employ writers

I'll give them credit they go for diversity and equal opportunity. But they might as well cast mannequins alongside Priyanka, I wouldn't notice the difference.

Nategc20

Banned
That's CIA.

Speaking for myself, I'm comparing this cast to other law enforcement-type shows like NCIS or Bones where the actors are also attractive, but more of them are rugged looking, look like they can handle a physical altercation and not all of them are model-attractive. Those waifish-looking dudes in Quantico.. I can't see em taking down bad guys. They'd fit right in a tv show about Hollywood actors or models, not really buying them as law enforcement.

ncis-la-season-7.jpg

ncis.jpg
NCIS actors looks like CVS customers. They actually seem believable on tv unlike Quantico or most CW shows where there is just too much pretty in one location.

I eyeroll at most CW shows like Vampire Diaries and Riverdale where literally everyone is a 10. Make me feel like im living my life wrong and wont amount to shit.

Kinyou

14 years ago it probably made a bit more sense. Not sure if NCIS fans could take it if she gave up the look though.

TV and Movies have always been like this to some extent, but it's been a looks arms race in the last 30 years.

I'm a big movie fan and watching older movie and you see many plain to ugly actors. Not leads, but costars and such.

Same with music. MTV changed the game there. Janis Joplins was far from a looker. Not ugly mind you, but different than the female artists that dominate music today.

We've definitely become more visual as a culture. And this is hilarious since in reality we're getting fatter and uglier, due to the former, lol. Look at 80s mall footage. Tons of slim and attractive folks. Not because of amazing genes, but because slimming down, for the part, makes a human being more attractive--generally.
Maybe it's media peer pressure to the American obese to change their ways.

A good TV show should have a bunch of super weird looking people. Sopranos is my gold standard. Paulie Walnuts, Phil Leotardo, Pussy, Silvio, Steve Buscemi... It was like they went out of their way to find people who breathed through their mouths and had hairlines that touched their eyebrows.

all part of the media's state-worship propoganda policy. we love our tv shows about sexy cops and fbi agents killing terrorists. it turns it into a fantasy. it helps us ignore the horrible reality we are complicit in.

It's the WB affect, or whatever that channel is now (CW?). Everybody on the WB was stunningly good looking.

I think Priyanka Chopra is beautiful, too.

A good TV show should have a bunch of super weird looking people. Sopranos is my gold standard. Paulie Walnuts, Phil Leotardo, Pussy, Silvio, Steve Buscemi... It was like they went out of their way to find people who breathed through their mouths and had hairlines that touched their eyebrows.

They looked real to me, like people you actually knew. I get why shows like Quantico or the CW TV shows want to have good looking people on them, the shows aren't very good, so they just load up on beauty hoping to get viewers that way.

But nobody was stunning on the Sopranos except for late seasons Meadow, but she started basically as a kid on the show, she just ended up becoming beautiful. Adriana was like 'hot' but, at least from my perspective, I felt like they were always poking fun at the Jersey Italian 'hot' stereotype, kinda playing up to people who weren't East Coast Italians, kinda like a wink and a nod, "yeah, they think she's really hot, right...?" Now, obviously the actress who plays Adriana is beautiful in real life and she looked good for the early 2000s in the show, but the Sopranos was so good at making people look like real people that you might know... She wasn't model beautiful.

Because her methods may not be traditional but when the NATIONS SECURITY Is on the line she'll do whatever it takes to break the case.

Golden Boy Caleb is the hottest and best Quantico (my husbando), Will grew on me especially his shirtless and make out scenes (if only Caleb x Will happened like in a fanfic), but we did get lots of shirtless Caleb. Sebastian was hot too along with Harry, if only.

Alex and Shelby were prettiest femchars.

Spuck-uk

Banned
This is why you get so many British actors in quality US shows. Being pretty seems to matter way more in the US when it comes to TV work over acting skill.

We have a tonne of fantastic acting uggos with impeccable theater chops.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
How is this show still on the air? It was so terrible in season 1 and I gave up on it in early season 2.

Wait what the fuck? It got renewed for season 3 last month!?! I'm certain I read that I was canned because it was such a shit show and because ratings also dropped like a tank. Ugh

Top Bottom