• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Daily Show with Trevor Noah |OT| same chair, different ass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keasar

"Well shit now I wish I WAS from Kenya!"
-Luthor, Obama's id.

Well that was a depressing episode. Can't imagine how tonight's is gonna be.

gabbo

"Well shit now I wish I WAS from Kenya!"
-Luthor, Obama's id.

Well that was a depressing episode. Can't imagine how tonight's is gonna be.

These political satire shows are going to be gloomy as fuck when they air their next episodes. Not even Colbert has his character to feign enthusiasm on screen.

Good episode, because it had something that TDS had been lacking. Anger.

That shit with Hasan's mom not being sure if she can come back to America in February is heartbreaking. Like, you would think it's likely that she can come back because she's a citizen, but the idea of not being sure is completely fucked.

Keasar

Jesus fuck.

Michelle Wolf was on the verge of tears at the end of her bit. That was just heartbreaking. :(

That shit with Hasan's mom not being sure if she can come back to America in February is heartbreaking. Like, you would think it's likely that she can come back because she's a citizen, but the idea of not being sure is completely fucked.
That part just physically hurt man. No one should ever have to be uncertain if they can go home. Especially in a fucking western country.

Trevor has had the expected growing pains as an interviewer, but this was really, really great. Could be a defining moment in his tenure. Lahren was WAY out of her depth here.

I really dislike Trevor, and thought his segment some episodes ago where he talked about Tomi and pretended to be infatuated with her instead of calling out her BS was awful. After watching this interview though, he's finally convinced me he could be a good successor to Jon Stewart. He came across as intelligent and called out her nonsense very quickly. She has a very overbearing personality, and he held his own well.

gabbo

My brain hurts from the mental gymnastics there. Did she really not realize the hypocrisy of her statements as it went on? Of course she didn't.
I kind of wish that Trevor pushed a bit more with that aspect, but he kept it civil and calm.

Oh, I think she knows. I just think that she, like those who share her views push on instead of backtracking when being called out because it won't end well for them if they do. You can't be caught in a lie if you never retread and continue to talk until the words lose all meaning.

J_Viper

Every time Hassan shows up, I have to wonder why he isn't hosting.

Not to hate on Trevor, but Hassan's delivery is better in every way.

Plus Trevor is fucking awful at interviews.

Keasar

Been catching up to latest episode.

Holy shit at the girl upset about the changed gun emoji. "Protected by second amendment"? What the fuck?

Holy shit, Hasan Minhaj is the best part of this show.

Hasan the Record was absolutely hilarious and tongue in cheek.

He honestly should be the host. Full stop.

Trevor Noah ‏@Trevornoah 4m4 minutes ago

OK. Just a broadcast glitch. It's not happening yet people. See you tomorrow good people!
42 replies 48 retweets 281 likes

I didn't see anything like that on the Canadian feed. Very well might just be a bug with the broadcast.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So what is going on with TDS this week? They have been doing all recap recap type shows.

Is this an unplanned hiatus? Whatever it is it's kinda weird.

So what is going on with TDS this week? They have been doing all recap recap type shows.

Is this an unplanned hiatus? Whatever it is it's kinda weird.

@midnight is off the air, too, so it's probably just a vacation week.

The lack of reruns could indicate that it's a two week break, since they typically do reruns on one week breaks.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
@midnight is off the air, too, so it's probably just a vacation week.

The lack of reruns could indicate that it's a two week break, since they typically do reruns on one week breaks.

It's just a normal vacation week. @Midnight is off too.

Ah thanks I don't watch @midnight @11:30pm so I didn't know they was on vacation too. They really need to move @midnight back to midnight and I've got an idea.

CC should try out a "correspondents" show. This idea could go two ways. The correspondents could each rotate weeks for instance Jordan has week 1, Hassan week 2, Desi week 3, ECT.... On their "weeks" they could each do a "character" show sorta like the Report was. I think Jordan could literally be Colbert light, Desi could do a number of different things she has tremendous range, Michelle could whine with the most shrill voice possible of her 120 minutes. Basically CC could use the correspondents to throw shit at the wall and see what will stick.

Or, CC could use the slot and correspondents to do more long form type pieces a kin to Jon Oliver's show or maybe experiment with field pieces since those are always a highlight on TDS.

What do you all think should be done with this slot??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom