• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Democratic National Convention OT |2016|: The One With the Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

213372bu

Banned
I'm not gonna worry about 90% applause on a day when it started out like it was gonna be a disaster. This is a decent turnaround.

How come whenever there is booing or chanting for Bernie you always say that it's relatively all good and/or you can't hear anything?

What does that accomplish?

It's possible to acknowledge it and disapprove/approve of it.

Saying it isn't an issue at the DNC isn't true. It's a problem that needs to be acknowledged.

Steel

Banned
Shouldn't Hillary Supporters out number Sanders supporters and drown out the noise and cheer louder or are they just chilling? I just seem them dancing holding up signs etc.,

They were drowning them out earlier, but honestly it interrupts the speaker when both the Hillary and Bernie supporters chant.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
This is it, Booker's presidential audition for 2024.

Should look even better for him if he can get through it while ignoring the chants and grumbles coming from the floor. Isn't it possilbe to cut all of the mics in the place except for the one on the stage? Or maybe it is already. Can we move the California delegation to the lobby?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
It's nice that the arena is packed and people are listening to these speeches. Unlike the spare Republican convention the first couple days, and people generally just milling about randomly.

Eidan

Yeah,

Sarah didn't do anyone any favors. Why they had two comedians out there stalling I do not know. Just play some shitty jam band music.
And Silverman isn't someone known for holding her tongue. Her reaction should have been expected.

impirius

YASSS

Cory_in_the_House_Nintendo_DS_Box_Art.jpg

I get that people are upset, but the "Cory, you a busta" chants are a bit much, imo

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Shouldn't Hillary Supporters out number Sanders supporters and drown out the noise and cheer louder or are they just chilling? I just seem them dancing holding up signs etc.,

Apparently Sanders supporters are closer to the microphone, so they sound louder than they actually are. Most the people at the convention cannot hear the boos.

LiK

Booker dealt with assholes when he was running for office for the first time. The BoB guys are nothing to him.

Justin

Chris Hayes just posted that almost all of the boos is coming from a group of 50 CA delegates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom