• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn |OT| Did you think you were the only one?

Cross-posting in OT and mod discussion...

RRMtQfg.jpg

Anyone lose this texture before? I think it's referred to as "cavesnowtrim" or something to that effect. I have two mods currently active that effect cave textures - Amidianborn caves and 2k dungeons. I've tried uninstalling one or the other, letting each override the other, and uninstalling both but in every instance this particular texture is gone. Any way to fix this, outside of doing a totally clean install?

I just removed all my mods, reinstalled Skyrim, and reactived all my mods one by one. Left some out, added some new ones. All so BOSS would actually sort my mods again.

I haven't attempted a BOSS sort yet, let's hope it actually works. I'll have a lot of work manually sorting 180 mods.

EDIT: And of course it doesn't work. :lol Fucking BOSS.

Slermy

Glass Armor is so nice looking. I like it more than the Daedric Armor.

I've always liked Daedric more, just wish there was a light version of it in Skyrim.

So, being a Vampire Lord is pretty damn awesome.

I was surprised at how fun it is as well, though it works much better outdoors than in.

Cross-posting in OT and mod discussion...

RRMtQfg.jpg

Anyone lose this texture before? I think it's referred to as "cavesnowtrim" or something to that effect. I have two mods currently active that effect cave textures - Amidianborn caves and 2k dungeons. I've tried uninstalling one or the other, letting each override the other, and uninstalling both but in every instance this particular texture is gone. Any way to fix this, outside of doing a totally clean install?

If you can get the extracted texture and put it into the proper directory, that should overwrite it.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'm stuck on Alduin's Bane -
He doesn't show up during the elder scroll cutscene on top of the mountain.
Any fixes?

strafer

Does anyone else experience crashes out of the blue? Like no error message or nothing, it just exits, it has happened a few times now.

Crashes in a Bethesda game? Surely you jest.

You upped the ugrids, strafer? That caused a lot of crashes for me. Reverting back to five made the game 99% crash-free.

Biochet

I can't believe it's taken me 2 years to get into Skyrim. This game without a doubt is the best game I have played in recent years, and it's fucking gorgeous on PC with all the mods.

strafer

Sometimes the followers really piss me off.

When I'm talking to someone they sometimes walk right in front of me and even pushes the NPC away so I have to talk to them again.

Especially Serana.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I just realized that I have the ability to wear two pieces of headgear if I put them on in a particular order. If I equip the Ancient Shrouded Cowl (buffs archery damage) and then equip my Scaled Helmet of Eminent Archery, I can have both on at the same time. Regardless of whether or not I have the helmet equipped, the cowl never actually appears on my character, but I can see its skill bonus in the Active Effects area. Playing on 360, btw. I know I'm kind of cheating by having both of them on, but I justify it by the fact that in real life I could wear a helmet over a hood.

Man, fuck Krosis.

Good fight, though.

There's nothing like that feeling of relief when he runs out of charges on his Staff of Fireball quickly becoming horror when he switches up to the much-worse Ice Spike. Why the fuck didn't he just use Ice Spike the whole time?! He's toying with you.

There's nothing like that feeling of relief when he runs out of charges on his Staff of Fireball quickly becoming horror when he switches up to the much-worse Ice Spike. Why the fuck didn't he just use Ice Spike the whole time?! He's toying with you.

Or, you know, the
fucking dragon flying around laying waste to everything
I probably spent an hour first taking out that dragon on my last playthrough, and then still had to deal with the Kro-bro.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I've been collecting the dragon priest masks. 2/9 so far.

I think I have four or five of them now, but they've all been in the course of doing something else. Is there a way to easily seek them out specifically, apart from looking up their location online and then going there? Also, I am surprised to hear about the struggles with Krosis. He mostly hid from me and I moved back and forth around some pillars to hit him with arrows.

Edwardo

I think I have four or five of them now, but they've all been in the course of doing something else. Is there a way to easily seek them out specifically, apart from looking up their location online and then going there? Also, I am surprised to hear about the struggles with Krosis. He mostly hid from me and I moved back and forth around some pillars to hit him with arrows.

I think you just have to look them up online.

I'm still sour that Morokei is hidden behind that College of Winterhold questline. My dragonslayer überwarrior is no pesky mage.

I received a 2.1. speakerset for my birthday yesterday, and when I load up Skyrim I notice the game has an incredibly annoying static background noise. It's only playing during gameplay, when I press start, the noise disappears.

I'm still sour that Morokei is hidden behind that College of Winterhold questline. My dragonslayer überwarrior is no pesky mage.

I received a 2.1. speakerset for my birthday yesterday, and when I load up Skyrim I notice the game has an incredibly annoying static background noise. It's only playing during gameplay, when I press start, the noise disappears.

Definitely. Same with the Galdur amulet quest. A quest that anyone can receive but only mages can finish. Wish Beth didn't assume everyone made polymath characters who were experts at everything.

thefil

I found them all without going online. They only appear in certain kinds of ruins, which you can pick out by the outside architecture. It was really rewarding to roam the land treasure hunting.

Zoolader

I've stumbled upon Dawnguard and obtained the crossbow.... and I don't own the Dawnguard dlc. I've heard Steam glitched in the past giving this dlc as part of an update, but I don't see is under my dlc content in the Skyrim properties. Maybe it's best to revert to my last save before I entered this area so I don't mess up my save files, I'm so confused.

I've stumbled upon Dawnguard and obtained the crossbow.... and I don't own the Dawnguard dlc. I've heard Steam glitched in the past giving this dlc as part of an update, but I don't see is under my dlc content in the Skyrim properties. Maybe it's best to revert to my last save before I entered this area so I don't mess up my save files, I'm so confused.

Do you have the Dawnguard .esm file in your load order?

Thanks for the fast response. Yes I see the esm active in my load order and the esm and bsa in my data folder.

Huh, weird. They probably must've gotten patched in erroneously or something, like you said. I wouldn't expect them to disappear, unless you remove the entire game.

Top Bottom