• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn |OT| Did you think you were the only one?

I was just thinking "maybe I'm not really in the mood to replay Skyrim", so I finished off Saint's Row IV during the free weekend on Steam instead. I decide to head back in today, and bam, it got its hooks in me again. Traversing a Dwemer ruin with my low-level assassin character was a great experience. Still my GOTF.

Woorloog

Banned
Is there a reason why Skyrim saves are so damn big? My save folder is 800+ MB.

Save files get bloated the longer you play, especially with heavily modded game.
The more you've done, the more data must be recorded.
My folder takes 100 MB, with six saves plus autosaves.

strafer

You keep making new saves? My save folder is 140 megabyte.

Save files get bloated the longer you play, especially with heavily modded game.
The more you've done, the more data must be recorded.
My folder takes 100 MB, with six saves plus autosaves.

Figures.

Also, I think I'm fucked.
Note : This quest can be impossible if you have done the quest The Forsworn Conspiracy and you get the bug which makes the guards and Raerek hostile.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Compelling_Tribute_(Stormcloaks)

I'll never be sold on the Civil War issue. On one hand, the Stormcloaks are racist assholes and I don't want them in charge of the whole province. On the other, the Thalmor are rampant and no matter what the Imperials want you to believe, the Dominion can be defeated without their help - Hammerfell is proof of that.

If the war for independence in Skyrim were led by a more enlightened man like Brunwulf Free-Winter I would undoubtedly be on their side. As it is you're basically just choosing one horrible faction over the other.

Edwardo

I hate the Thalmor so much that I ended up siding with the Stormcloacks because of how it will be easier to get them out of Skyrim. The Empire isn't necessarily a puppet of the Thalmor, but they pretty much have their balls in a vice. I don't like Ulfric that much, but I guess it's a lesser of two evils type deal.

I'll never be sold on the Civil War issue. On one hand, the Stormcloaks are racist assholes and I don't want them in charge of the whole province. On the other, the Thalmor are rampant and no matter what the Imperials want you to believe, the Dominion can be defeated without their help - Hammerfell is proof of that.

If the war for independence in Skyrim were led by a more enlightened man like Brunwulf Free-Winter I would undoubtedly be on their side. As it is you're basically just choosing one horrible faction over the other.

To be fair, the Redguards are the most badass warriors in all of Tamriel, and they'd rather scorch their entire province than let the Thalmor boss them around.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Unfortunately, given Bethesda's time jumps with each Elder Scrolls installment, I don't think we're ever going to get to have the pleasure of beating the shit out of the Thalmor. In fact, I'm fully expecting them to have written the lore that the Thalmor were somehow right in trying to protect everyone from themselves and that Talos really was a fraud.

Woorloog

Banned
To be fair, the Redguards are the most badass warriors in all of Tamriel, and they'd rather scorch their entire province than let the Thalmor boss them around.

I reckon the Nords and Orcs dispute that. That is, when talking about individual warriors.
Me, i'd be careful of the Dunmer too, never know when one might sling a spell at you in addition to hitting you with a blade. Though the Dunmer are not "badass" like the Orcs and Nords are.

I reckon the Nords and Orcs dispute that. That is, when talking about individual warriors.
Me, i'd be careful of the Dunmer too, never know when one might sling a spell at you in addition to hitting you with a blade. Though the Dunmer are not "badass" like the Orcs and Nords are.

Dunmer.

Not badass.

WHAT.

They're each badass in their own way.

Redguards are badass in that they'd keep on fighting even with all their limbs removed, and still would have a shot at winning.

Orcs are badass in that they'd probably tear your spine out of your back and beat you to death with it.

Nords are badass in that they'd fight you, and never even put down their mug of mead while doing so.

Dunmer are badass in that they'd set your house on fire if you looked at 'em funny.

Woorloog

Banned
They're each badass in their own way.

Redguards are badass in that they'd keep on fighting even with all their limbs removed, and still would have a shot at winning.

Orcs are badass in that they'd probably tear your spine out of your back and beat you to death with it.

Nords are badass in that they'd fight you, and never even put down their mug of mead while doing so.

Dunmer are badass in that they'd set your house on fire if you looked at 'em funny.

So, the Readguards are the Black Knight? "Just a flesh wound". (Ebony Warrior is something like that for sure, i fought him with cheat-godmode character and still the fight took forever)

The fact that the Dunmer are still alive as a people considering all that's been thrown at them is proof enough of their badassery.

Least badass TES race? Breton?

Woorloog

Banned
The fact that the Dunmer are still alive as a people considering all that's been thrown at them is proof enough of their badassery.

Least badass TES race? Breton?

Perhaps the goblins. But then they're not intelligent like the major races are. I mean, they're a sad bunch who get slaughtered by cave-loads. In Oblivion.

Imperials are not that badass really. Sure, they build a big empire... with a Nord general and emperor, a golem from the Dunmer and their armies are multi-racial really, even though the games usually have only Imperials in them. But as individuals... they're a race of merchants, entrepreneurs, craftsmen and such really.
Though i have to admit Bretons are kind lame too. They have magic but otherwise...
EDIT Hmm. Can't think of the Wood Elves or Altmer as badass either.

Oh, and what do you call a Wood Elf who does not steal, lie or cheat?

With Realistic Needs and Diseases I will literally drink the milk straight from a cow's teet.

I got rid of RND because it meshes with water splashes, which is absolutely ridiculous. I miss some of it features, like waterskins and being able to eat food one piece at a time, but that was just too stupid a problem for me to keep the mod running.

I was going through the older threads, looking for an "I'm the goddamn Dovahkiin'-image I made, to respond to Edwardo. Couldn't find it, but man, reading the pre-release hype is taking me back.

I got rid of RND because it meshes with water splashes, which is absolutely ridiculous. I miss some of it features, like waterskins and being able to eat food one piece at a time, but that was just too stupid a problem for me to keep the mod running.

Is that another mod? Once I installed RND I can't go back. It's a feature that Skyrim always desperately needed.

Is that another mod? Once I installed RND I can't go back. It's a feature that Skyrim always desperately needed.

No, RND coupled with a water mod (in my case, Realistic Water Two) can only work if RND gets rid of the splash effects when you jump or throw something in the water.

strafer

Installed the realistic walking / running mod today and created a new character.

What's different with this one you may ask? Well, for one I'm going to walk the entire time, that's right, no more running. This time I'm going full immersion.

But I would never do it with the vanilla walking speed, holy shit is that slow.

This new one is amazing though.

Look out Alduin, my Wood Elf is coming for you.

Thought I fixed the crash problem yesterday evening, think I might have after all, and this crash was related to me streaming the game. I loaded it up on my desktop without streaming, and managed to get through all of Hag's End without any problems.

strafer

Level 48 and I'm rocking this armor set. I really dig the look.

Fits the persona I'm going for.

pdmWaGJ.jpg

Damn, I can't imagine running around in basic Iron. This was me at level 48:

72850_2013-09-11_0000idb8r.png

I love the idea of Wulf modifying his armor to suit his surroundings. He's wearing a scarf, goggles and a veiled helm to protect himself from the ash in Solstheim.

This is my current guy (sorry for the imgur Steamshot):

EpRSW1b.jpg

Woorloog

Banned
Level 48 and I'm rocking this armor set. I really dig the look.

Fits the persona I'm going for.

http://i.imgur.com/pdmWaGJ.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
The Banded Iron armor is really good looking. And with enough Smithing, it is good enough too.
[quote="strafer, post: 98239529"]I also went with this armor build for a while.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/GnU41ce.jpg

The proper Dragonborn look... too bad it is mixed heavy/light. Playing with it ridiculous since mixing unskilled armors is worse than not having armor (you gain the penalties without the benefits really).

I dislike how Skyrim's low level armors look better than high level armors. Better armor should be an upgrade, but no, they had to make them stupid looking.
The Glass armor is not too bad... if playing a mer character.
The Dragonscale and the Ancient Falmer armor are good too, though the latter only on mer, and both are light armors.

strafer

This game.

I just spent 30 minutes in Riverwood, chopping wood, enjoying the nature and hanging out with my man Faendal.

I love escaping my sucky real life for some Skyrim.

Top Bottom