• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Dragonborn |OT| Did you think you were the only one?

Edwardo

I haven't seen Lydia is so long. I sent her home so I could go take care of Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild missions. Can't let her see that side of me..

GhaleonEB

I haven't seen Lydia is so long. I sent her home so I could go take care of Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild missions. Can't let her see that side of me..

Last I saw her she was crumpled in a corner in my shack, an arrow in her back. The arrow as burdening me down.

Jamesways

Strafer knows how to play the game right. It's all about looks.

That's definitely how I play as well, all about aesthetics. Especially when you get your smithing, alchemy, and enchanting up to hit the armor max as already said.

The Banded Iron armor is really good looking. And with enough Smithing, it is good enough too.

I dislike how Skyrim's low level armors look better than high level armors. Better armor should be an upgrade, but no, they had to make them stupid looking.
The Glass armor is not too bad... if playing a mer character.
The Dragonscale and the Ancient Falmer armor are good too, though the latter only on mer, and both are light armors.

I'm with you, I really don't care for the look of a lot of the higher level armor.
My last lady wore leather bracers and boots with Stormcloak or Winterhold guard armor for light (no helmets) and switched to Blades armor for heavy (again no helmet). Blades armor looks so good on females IMO.

I've started a brand new character after fully maxing out a male and female Nord already.

I found a site that has the console sliders for loading screen characters. I've always liked the look of the Imperial female in the loading screen, so I'm literally playing her now.
maxresdefault_zps7755d2a9.jpg

Will probably only stick to the civil war story for her, live in Solitude for a while then build a house and settle down. I really should have done that with the last one, it's great advice to just build a character specific to certain questlines.

And I just love the early leveling up in this game. I've done the game breaking deals for super one-shot weapons that never need soul gem filling and it does get boring after a while.

I have to say, this is still my favorite game, even with all the faults. I've put hundreds of hours in and still love getting lost in it.

Jamesways

Creepy Faendal shows up at my house when I married Camilla Valerius.

lulz

I made Mjoll the Lioness a Blade in my last game. Even while fighting dragons Aerin follows along like a puppy saying his silly "Never seen Mjoll this upset" lines and getting set on fire.

strafer

I made Mjoll the Lioness a Blade in my last game. Even while fighting dragons Aerin follows along like a puppy saying his silly "Never seen Mjoll this upset" lines and getting set on fire.

And Camilla keeps thanking me for bringing back the Golden Claw. :p

Jamesways

Yeah, some of the dialog from house stewards and wives are just cringe worthy.

Muiri- "Thank you for taking care of my... problem" over and over.

Ingjard- "Another victory for the Dawnguard!" again and again.

curlycare

After my first character's wedding with Mjoll I found Aering wondering around in my house. When he left home at nightfall I followed him thinkin how I would get rid of him. Then a sabrecat saved me from the dirty work and attacked him. I just stood there and did nothing..

strafer

Yeah, more dialog would be awesome.

Like now with Camilla, It would be kinda neat if both Sven and Faendal acted different; like oh I see you got Camilla, I'm happy for you. Or something else.

He just recycles, Riverwood is nice, for a Nord Village.

And he even showed up to my wedding.

Him and Lydia. >.<

strafer

You know what I was thinking, while I think Hearthfire is a great addon, it would have been so awesome if you could start your own city, I don't mean like Riverwood or Falkreath, I'm talking Whiterun, Solitude, Markarth and Riften style.

I really liked that part in Assassins Creed 3, it started out small and grew as you helped people and progressed in the story, but in a game like this it could be on a much larger scale. Imagine your completed place and when you walk around your own city, the guards will be all like, hello my lord.

Would love for something like that for the next Elder Scrolls game.

strafer

I've done a horrible horrible thing.

I divorced my wife using console commands.

When I returned from hunting I met her on the path to the house (Hearthfire Manor place) and she just walked past me, didn't say anything.

Oh well... I just wanted to test it out. Since there is no real divorce thing.

But I think there was at one point though, otherwise the console commands wouldn't work.

I'm going to marry a male character to see how that is.

Shit, I spent my entire Dark Brotherhood playtrough feeling like there could be more to assassinating people, and only just found out one of the perks on the Pickpocket tree allows you to poison people. Why did I not learn of this sooner. :lol

Woorloog

Banned
Shit, I spent my entire Dark Brotherhood playtrough feeling like there could be more to assassinating people, and only just found out one of the perks on the Pickpocket tree allows you to poison people. Why did I not learn of this sooner. :lol

The game's been out for over 2 years, and you did not know this.
What.

The game's been out for over 2 years, and you did not know this.
What.

I never really invested points in the pickpocket tree, most of my characters were badass warriors who could kill people with their voice. This is the second time I've actually done the Dark Brotherhood questline. :lol

Edwardo

Haha good to know.

strafer

I feel Skyrim is the wrong game to be sneaking, in MY opinion, I just wanna take a big axe to these motherfuckers... not crouch around like some crazy fool.

But hey, im not judging people who do that tijhoghgjh

Jamesways

I feel Skyrim is the wrong game to be sneaking, in MY opinion, I just wanna take a big axe to these motherfuckers... not crouch around like some crazy fool.

But hey, im not judging people who do that tijhoghgjh

Man, I love being a sneaky archer in this game. The first character I did was a Nord bruiser, hackin' and slashing everything, maxing out both one and two hand.

I find being an archer so much more fun.

strafer

Man, I love being a sneaky archer in this game. The first character I did was a Nord bruiser, hackin' and slashing everything, maxing out both one and two hand.

I find being an archer so much more fun.

Archery is fun. The bow gameplay is pretty awesome.

Woorloog

Banned
I just started leveling bows. Will it eventually get to the point where a headshot is a 1 hit ko?

Skyrim has no locational damage, headshots are meaningless.
Also, with sneak attacks, one-shot kills with bows are quite easy even in early game.
Sneak-archer playstyle is quite overpowered... aside from bosses and dragons.

Jamesways

I just started leveling bows. Will it eventually get to the point where a headshot is a 1 hit ko?

You bet you can. Especially if you use a perk in a sneak tree, bows do 4x more damage when sneaking.

But with default smithing leveling, you can get them up there pretty good.
With the Enchanting and Alchemy gear loop, you can create game breaking bows pretty quick. Even without using Restoration potions.

Edit- beaten while typing this...

Jamesways

Nordic Bow all the way. Love the look of it. And the Nordic arrow quiver too.

Always end up sticking that these, even though there are many more powerful arrows.

It's a lot of fun now starting over and being completely underpowered in almost any fight. Getting wrecked by bears, sabercats, ice wraiths, etc makes you really think about strategy and utilize the sneaking shot more when you can.

Took over 30 min to clear the Alik'r warrior cave sneaking around and trying to get them all single file.

Still love this game, even after putting over 600 hours in.

strafer

Nordic Bow all the way. Love the look of it. And the Nordic arrow quiver too.

Always end up sticking that these, even though there are many more powerful arrows.

It's a lot of fun now starting over and being completely underpowered in almost any fight. Getting wrecked by bears, sabercats, ice wraiths, etc makes you really think about stragedy and utilize the sneaking shot more when you can.

Took over 30 min to clear the Alik'r warrior cave sneaking around and trying to get them all single file.

Still love this game, even after putting over 600 hours in.

Man, I remember meeting my first Sabercat.. I got owned.. :p

I enjoy crossbows more than regular bows. They just pack quite a punch.

Probably gonna play a Bosmer with bow and shortsword next, though, and get him into the Companions.

strafer

hehe, I always find it funny in the beginning before you get to choose your character, Lokir, the Horse Thief, his death is always amusing, one time get drops dead from an arrow and sometimes he just flies away like crazy when hit.

Woorloog

Banned
I enjoy crossbows more than regular bows. They just pack quite a punch.

Probably gonna play a Bosmer with bow and shortsword next, though, and get him into the Companions.

It is utterly ridiculous how the normal crossbow has more damage than the Daedric bow. Sure, it has low reload speed but it has never been an issue for me, since one shot from it kills for sure almost always...

Huh?

Neo Member
I was considering making a thread about this, but I haven't posted enough to be allowed to make threads so I thought I'd ask here. Is Skyrim good on the PS3? I don't have an Xbox and I doubt my PC can handle a game like that, so it's the only way I'd be able to play it, but I'd just wait if the PS3 version is really bad.

Woorloog

Banned
I was considering making a thread about this, but I haven't posted enough to be allowed to make threads so I thought I'd ask here. Is Skyrim good on the PS3? I don't have an Xbox and I doubt my PC can handle a game like that, so it's the only way I'd be able to play it, but I'd just wait if the PS3 version is really bad.

What kind of PC do you have? Skyrim is not very demanding game (at least not if you don't care for fancy graphics).

Woorloog

Banned
It's a Lenovo IdeaPad P400 Touch. My Desktop PC is definitely too old.
This one: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?DocID=PD026485 ?
Now i'm no expert but quick checking implies you should be able to run Skyrim with that laptop. Perhaps with roughly medium settings (so it would look about the same as the console versions, IMO). Assuming that it does indeed have this GPU.
Anyone want to verify what i said?

Too bad there's no demo for Skyrim.

strafer

So, I made Aeala my follower, went to my manor and said that we should part ways, and she said, I'll head back home if you need me, yet she walks out of my manor and onto Whiterun, shouldn't the follower stay in my Manor? I mean, it should recognise that I now have a house.

Woorloog

Banned
So, I made Aeala my follower, went to my manor and said that we should part ways, and she said, I'll head back home if you need me, yet she walks out of my manor and onto Whiterun, shouldn't the follower stay in my Manor? I mean, it should recognise that I now have a house.

Only spouses live in your houses. others go to their starting places/homes.

Huh?

Neo Member
Ouch. It is no good then.
Can't help you with PS3 Skyrim, i have the 360 version. A friend does own the game on PS3 but he hasn't played in ages so i don't think he knows.

Bummer. Thanks for the help.

From what I've heard (and seen), the PS3 version still isn't perfect, but the most glarring issues have been fixed.

Do you happen to know what the remaining problems are?

A new adventure begins...(to tide my over until Dark Souls II)

4V3zGSw.jpg

Caius is a former Legion Chaplain and Healer, ousted from the only life he ever knew for his refusal to abandon Talos worship. He was excommunicated, put in chains, and carted to the North for a life of hard labor...but the Nine would have other plans. He'll be forced to choose between his loyalty to the Empire and his loyalty to the Nine. Wielding maces and restoration magic.

You stole your equipment from Vigilants, right? That's the only correct way (and they have good loot even early on).

Nah, just started with the default Helgen scenario, all I've got there is stuff I found in Helgen Keep. Also I don't think my character could ever murder a Vigilant in cold blood. Now I'm rocking this, courtesy of the "Cleric Armors of the Nine Divines" mod:

Very Warhammer-y. I think it was ripped from The Witcher.

Woorloog

Banned
Planning to start Skyrim again. But i'm not willing to re-install the game since there is no real need... except i'm not sure about the scripts. Have a bunch of mods but i can't recall if anything modifies vanilla scripts, aside from Unofficial Patch. Or does even it modify them? I'm worrying there might be something that may break or something if i install a bunch of new mods.
Anyway, i remember asking something about them before but i can't recall what i asked, nor where, nor what was the answer, except for a fragment that involved deleting the scripts folder.
Does the game regenerate them or what, if i do delete the whole folder?

Simplest way to deal with this would be just to remove everything do a clean install but i'd rather not have to tweak every single graphics setting again. Though i guess i could backup the settings file and replace the one the game generates by default?

As i noted in the Skyrim modding thread, i was kind of intending to do a survival playthrough since some other interesting mods i'd like to use are still work-in-progress so i'll have to wait for them. Something else in the meantime. I don't, generally speaking, like to use WIP stuff, too buggy, often too complicated, or impossible, to upgrade.

Top Bottom