• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The evolution of Resident Evil 4.

sphinx said:
prepare yourself, this is damn hard. There is a new level that is insane with turrets and multiple ganados shooting you from everywhere.

To be honest, I thought that room was the single weakest part in all of RE4. It just felt so nonsensical. Take one wrong step and you get blown to hell instantly - it just doesn't feel like the game is playing fair with you, unlike in the main game. I already wasn't a huge fan of the stuff that goes on in 5-3, especially in Pro, so that part really got on my nerves.

I think all of Separate Ways was like that, though. It just felt so mindless, like there was no heart put into it. You didn't do anything special. You just ran through the same places Leon did and shot Ganados - no great pacing, no interesting situations. Even the boss fight at the end was too easy; I think I beat him just by pointing the TMP at his head and holding the fire button down with the occasional melee move. It really shows that Separate Ways didn't have Mikami behind it.

sphinx

the piano man
I thought everything looked... "Un-RE4".. the boss fights and the way the levels were indeed a bit weird and like you say, it feels a bit unfair at times like in that stupid level with fire everywhere and "Hook up" spots.

Separate ways does fill a couple holes in the story so it does have a purpose. I would never want to play through it, though.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Not a bad choice Yasae, but I always felt this was the most impressive shot from my incomplete Resi 4 run on Dolphin:

Stallion%20-%20Resident%20Evil%204%2001.jpg

Top Bottom