• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT| The Year of the...uh...Platypus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicy Bob

untitled-2exko8.gif

Put him in a sprint car at Eldora!
I love Kobayashi. So, so much.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Very honest assessment of Ferrari from Pat Fry in the China press conference.
He says that problems with the car this year are not just to do with the exhausts and loss of downforce but a problem with the way Ferrari go about designing a car.
He says nothing has changed since he joined 2 years ago and it needs to if they want to be back on top again.

The exhaust is one of the more obvious changes that we've made, but that's quite a small part of the problem that we've got," said Fry, who joined the team from McLaren two years ago.

"I don't really want to go into where all the problems are - it's not just a case of us trying to build a quicker car, we need to fundamentally be changing the methodologies that we use to select, design and manufacture so that we are competitive long term.

The areas you need to be working on is everything from the way you run the wind tunnel, the accuracy of your wind tunnel, the simulation that you use to decide what components to take forward, so we're not leaving any stone unturned.

"We're actually trying to review and revise our methodologies through the whole process and that carries on into the design office for trying to get weight out of various parts, make other bits more durable, so there's work going on absolutely everywhere within the company, on the basic fundamental methodology as well as just trying to upgrade the car."
http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12433/7670399/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

ANDY_098

F1RM bet questions are up:

Will Räikkönen qualify in the top 6?
Will Perez finish in the top 5?
Will Hulkenberg score more than 1 point?

Omiee

Austin hasn't announced ticket prices for the grandstands in the distance so I'm hoping they're somewhat reasonable.

iboEn4LSyK9zGY.jpg

That looks pretty good.

i can totally see vettel fighting for the win sunday, i think the old spec car suits him much more.

what will they do with update's if vettel wants to keep using the old exhaust?

olore

1.The German Finger comes across as a first class douche bag. Imagine Lewis doing this. Somehow I do not believe he could get away with flashing his middle finger twice and calling a fellow driver an "idiot".

http://www.worldcarfans.com/112041343367/nothing-wrong-with-nervous-red-bull---vettel

2. I am still slightly surprised to learn that F1 cars have power steering. Somehow I was under the impression that they are basically karts with 800hp engines

3. I read recently that slip angles beyond 15° are unrecoverable. Until KK arrived on the F1 scene...

Ark

1.The German Finger comes across as a first class douche bag. Imagine Lewis doing this. Somehow I do not believe he could get away with flashing his middle finger twice and calling a fellow driver an "idiot".

http://www.worldcarfans.com/112041343367/nothing-wrong-with-nervous-red-bull---vettel

Clearly you aren't familiar with human emotion and adrenaline.

Hamilton hasn't showed the finger before (that I'm aware of), but he's certainly had his fair share of calling people idiots, and worse, before. Every driver does it in same shape or form, just because these guys are some of the fittest, most able people on the planet does not displace them from basic human biology.

Shaneus

Exclusive image of the table football table Jenson Button and Mark Webber were playing on:

hzeay.jpg
I like you.

As someone who complained about race start times in the past because they were going out, you should understand. I've been out Fridays.
We should totes start our own league. With blackjack... and hookers. In fact, forget the blackjack.

Massa doing what he does most of the race, lol

2017973381.jpg
"Objects in mirror are closer than they appear... and are about to lap you."

So, where are the quotes of Webber bitching about the balance of the car? That's right, there aren't any. Because a bad tradesman always blames his tools.
SaUrr.jpg

Dig up, stupid!

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Off to bed!! Up at 7am for qualifying.

Think Hamilton will take pole before his penalty (they haven't changed the gearbox yet though)

moojito

I don't know, I reckon Michael will sneak in a quick pole lap for old times' sake, but will be in 4th place by the end of the first lap in the race.

Chris R

I was pointed here from the fake Charlie Whiting Twitter: Circuit of Americas tickets

Grandstand Prices:
S0T5q.jpg

Turn1 Prices:
SWCyX.jpg

Those aren't prices for the F1 race though, unless they are going to make people purchase "Season Tickets" for just one race.

I'm going to try and get a seat near the top of T1, should have the best view of T1-5/6 as well as the start finish straight.

That or sit at T15 and watch the passing as cars enter the breaking point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom