• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT| The Year of the...uh...Platypus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

olore

As a McLaren man through and through I am the first tosay that this season feels extremely alive and exciting. Awesome. Actual competition not just two Hoovers sponsored by a red bull and 22 other cars.
We`ll see if they have race pace though, Mercedes AMG. And Suber got both cars in top ten.

AcridMeat

Banned
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS BRITNEY AND KOBAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

0RHfy.jpg

KobayashiKamui100420SmilingMni310.jpg

8R5hZ.gif

Igo

What happened to Grosjean? barley set a time in q2 and didn't even bother going out in q3.

Fucking brilliant from Rosberg and Koba.

Hackbert

Oh wait, the Mercs have that duct thing happening. In that case, no way they'll hold up with very limited DRS usage.

Raw Merc Power hehe... yeah you have a good point there.. only fact that keeps me from grinning until tomorrow. Uh smugNico in pressconference ^^

Shaneus

Koba win then :D
With the DRS loss, they will bunch up the top 5, causing a massive pile-up. Webber to win. Vettel first DNF when he realises he *can't* actually overtake.

ARGH Fucking Australian coverage. Let's skip the post-quali interviews and hear some no-knowledge tossers comment on something they have zero experience in. Good job you cunts.

moojito

Oh wait, the Mercs have that duct thing happening. In that case, no way they'll hold up with very limited DRS usage.

On that fast lap, Rosberg was already 4 tenths up before the start of the long straight, so I wouldn't be so sure about that. If anything, tyre wear will be the big factor.

That was a really interesting qualifying session. I really hope Rosberg has good race pace.

I really hope the Red Bulls have significantly better race pace than quali pace too. =/

Dead Man

With the DRS loss, they will bunch up the top 5, causing a massive pile-up. Webber to win. Vettel first DNF when he realises he *can't* actually overtake.

ARGH Fucking Australian coverage. Let's skip the post-quali interviews and hear some no-knowledge tossers comment on something they have zero experience in. Good job you cunts.

Yeah, I just turn it off after the flag drops these days, they are utterly useless.

Shaneus

On that fast lap, Rosberg was already 4 tenths up before the start of the long straight, so I wouldn't be so sure about that. If anything, tyre wear will be the big factor.
Yeah, that's a given with the Mercedes' as well. That plus the DRS thing I don't think will work too favourably for them. Be good if that didn't happen, but we all know the Silver Arrows are shocking with preserving rubber.

Lucius86

Banned
Koba actually has his first real chance for a podium purely down to raw pace than the weather. Great job Sauber.

Webber was on used options I think, hence the drop off in lap time. Great moment for Mercedes, but we all know their race speed drop-off.

LOL @ VETTEL. Seeing Webgod P1 and Vettel P11 at the end of Q2 made me chuckle.

Shaneus

Yeah, I just turn it off after the flag drops these days, they are utterly useless.
It's not like Sky coverage is debatable enough as it is, but they still go on about this shit with a guy who's never been in a motor race in his life and another who used to race MOTORCYCLES. Don't give a shit, just give us the coverage.

Oh, post-race is on *now*. 10 minutes after it happened. Dickheads.

I'd kill for the ability to get guaranteed ad-free coverage of Sky. It's so shit having to deal with 320x240 streams and the tripe that us Australians get.

aeroslash

I'm very worried about Vettel performance for tomorrow... He has made a shitty decision changing the specs of his car.

Awesome Merc and Rosberg!

CiSTM

Banned
Awesome! Kimi actually has a shot for podium :O Mercs have been awful in races so far but the track is colder this time around so maybe that will help them. Kobi can't handle a race so he will probably drop more then four places.

Is it going to rain tomorrow?

Shaneus

I'm very worried about Vettel performance for tomorrow... He has made a shitty decision changing the specs of his car.

Awesome Merc and Rosberg!
Pressure's getting to him. But he himself said he preferred the older-spec car and it sounds like they could've changed to the new one right up until today.

And yes, I'm absolutely loving this :D

Salacious Crumb

It's not like Sky coverage is debatable enough as it is, but they still go on about this shit with a guy who's never been in a motor race in his life and another who used to race MOTORCYCLES. Don't give a shit, just give us the coverage.

Oh, post-race is on *now*. 10 minutes after it happened. Dickheads.

I'd kill for the ability to get guaranteed ad-free coverage of Sky. It's so shit having to deal with 320x240 streams and the tripe that us Australians get.

Dude, this race is being covered live by the BBC, watch the HQ stream on BBC-Player.

dalin80

Banned
All my disappointment over hamiltons gearbox penalty has been firmly washed away by the king of the douche bags having to start 11th after being trounced by his teammate.

If it is a dry race tomorrow then I can see the mercs struggling, they will have to push due to strong competition and I doubt the tyres will hold up anyway near as long as they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom