• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT| The Year of the...uh...Platypus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

You should be able to find something better than 320x240, i.e. something that isn't embedded.
Got the iPlayer, but that won't do for all races.

And I was over-exaggerating a little... but it can't be too much more than, say, 320x480.

Edit: Just realised I have a VPN account with a decent amount of quota. Is there a way to watch non-Beeb streams using that? It has UK and US IPs.

Grats, Myco Jerk! I'm sorry about earlier, I want you to know that I'll definitely be rooting for Raikkonen.

What a quali, very deserved results for the entire top 3, especially Rosberg and Kobayashi.
It's gonna interesting to see the awesome races that Hamilton - Alonso - Vettel will produce. Vettel can prove all the haters wrong by overtaking his way up to the podium.

John_B

Hamilton is looking pretty solid despite not having the best of luck so far this season. The race tomorrow should be incredible tight. The first 11 cars are in for one big shuffling match.

untitled-15ybuq.gif

My god this season is amazing already. Rosberg 1st Schumacer 2nd kobayashi 3rd and Kimi in 4th. Race is going to be amazing.

olore

Clearly you aren't familiar with human emotion and adrenaline.

You haven`t got the faintest idea of what you are talking about. I have been in some extremely though and emotionally stressful situations so stop talking to me like a child

Shaneus

Not without a sky id in the UK.

I'm not sure about US though.

edit: sorry double post
Cheerio for the info! I think it's possible to buy a Sky ID or something? But far too expensive to consider.

What a quali, very deserved results for the entire top 3, especially Rosberg and Kobayashi.
It's gonna interesting to see the awesome races that Hamilton - Alonso - Vettel will produce. Vettel can prove all the haters wrong by overtaking his way up to the podium.
Doubtful. Even if his car was as dominant as last year, he's not in the right mindset to do well tomorrow. Of course, be interesting to see him prove me wrong but his mojo just isn't there at all and his being far to reactive to pretty much every situation. I predict... 7th for him.

Edmond Dantès;36937458 said:
A Schumacher win is well overdue.
Doubt it'll happen though. Duct + tyre usage will mean a podium for either Britney or Michael would be as much of a fluke as Alonso at Sepang.

untitled-15ybuq.gif

My god this season is amazing already. Rosberg 1st Schumacer 2nd kobayashi 3rd and Kimi in 4th. Race is going to be amazing.
The start should be, at least. It'll probably play out as per usual for most races by the half-way mark, but I'm hoping it's exciting until the end.

Hamilton is looking pretty solid despite not having the best of luck so far this season. The race tomorrow should be incredible tight. The first 11 cars are in for one big shuffling match.
Yup. Definitely a better driver than he was last year. More level-headed.

The parity this season is fantastic
This. I'm thankful that it's such a more evenly-challenged season than last. Couldn't be more different for consecutive years.
About the only thing I would have wanted is for Ferrari to actually have a car capable of winning the WDC. At this stage, they won't even make it to the top 3 constructors.

pappe

Edmond Dantès;36937536 said:
Also, Nico beats Michael yet again.

Pretty clear that he has superior one-lap pace, but it's much closer in terms of race pace.

Again? its the first time this season.

aeroslash

Cheerio for the info! I think it's possible to buy a Sky ID or something? But far too expensive to consider.

Doubtful. Even if his car was as dominant as last year, he's not in the right mindset to do well tomorrow. Of course, be interesting to see him prove me wrong but his mojo just isn't there at all and his being far to reactive to pretty much every situation. I predict... 7th for him.

Doubt it'll happen though. Duct + tyre usage will mean a podium for either Britney or Michael would be as much of a fluke as Alonso at Sepang.

The start should be, at least. It'll probably play out as per usual for most races by the half-way mark, but I'm hoping it's exciting until the end.

Yup. Definitely a better driver than he was last year. More level-headed.

This. I'm thankful that it's such a more evenly-challenged season than last. Couldn't be more different for consecutive years.
About the only thing I would have wanted is for Ferrari to actually have a car capable of winning the WDC. At this stage, they won't even make it to the top 3 constructors.

I Can see him ending in the first five places..

I can't help thinking you're the wrong person to be predicting anything for Vettel... though you're probably better than a reverse Omiee. :D

4th.

Shaneus

Who... Schumacher? Definitely a top 5, but there's no way they'll both get podium. Britney's not so great at holding a lead (at least, in that car) but Schumacher can definitely hold position. The highest I think they could hope for is Schumacher 3, Britney 4.

I can't help thinking you're the wrong person to be predicting anything for Vettel... though you're probably better than a reverse Omiee. :D

4th.
Look at who he has to overtake though... a LOT of aggressive drivers who thrive in defending. Never mind the fact that if RBR want a podium, they have no choice but to back the driver (and car) with the best chance. Vettel could only get fourth if they brought Webber to #2 priority and lose him to a lower-place finish.

But it *is* Team Vettel, so who knows? They might just be that stupid.

Look at who he has to overtake though... a LOT of aggressive drivers who thrive in defending. Never mind the fact that if RBR want a podium, they have no choice but to back the driver (and car) with the best chance. Vettel could only get fourth if they brought Webber to #2 priority and lose him to a lower-place finish.

But it *is* Team Vettel, so who knows? They might just be that stupid.
You're forgetting Webber is starting 7th. He'll be 12th or lower by the first corner. :p

acm2000

remember people, mercedes rear wing was always gonna give them qual advantage in china, in the race? other cars ARE faster, mclaren, RB (well, webber), Lotus, and even Sauber, its not gonna help them much tomorrow until theyre behind people, which im fairly certain, they will be from the start

Septimius

You haven`t got the faintest idea of what you are talking about. I have been in some extremely though and emotionally stressful situations so stop talking to me like a child

This is not a constructive way to respond. What you responded to was someone criticizing you for failing to take into account the heaps of emotion and adrenaline that pumps through the drivers, and consequentially some out of line responses here and there. Hamilton has gotten away with worse and he's been told off for less. Vettel is certainly having a somewhat hard time turning the challenges of this year to his advantage.

And you decided to not just disregard what you were criticized for, but also take it as a personal attack, apparently warranting you telling us how much hardship you've been through. If there's any reason why people would treat you like a child, it would be that.

I'm really excited to see what Schumacher can do with this year's car. It's obvious that Rosberg has had trouble during the races, but we've had no chance of seeing how Schumacher's style works out with the car. Last year he was consistently better than Rosberg at taking care of his tires. But it's all wild speculation and hopeful thoughts from me at this point. I'm still looking forward to seeing what he can do, and I believe he has the ability to use the car in a good way.

At any rate, it's fantastic seeing Mercedes where they are now. Even so far the season is on an upward trend, and surely you don't gain half a second from the blown front wing duct.

jee

Kimi's luck and starting next to Kamikazi is not a good combination. Both will be out within 3 laps from start?

What the hell?! Bizarro world?!

Also, Hamilton drops five grid places as penalty for an unscheduled gearbox change? LOL!

Nico Rosberg
Michael Schumacher
Kamui Kobayashi
Kimi Räikkönen
Jenson Button

Wow! What a fantastic pole position! :D

Shaneus

I'm really excited to see what Schumacher can do with this year's car. It's obvious that Rosberg has had trouble during the races, but we've had no chance of seeing how Schumacher's style works out with the car. Last year he was consistently better than Rosberg at taking care of his tires. But it's all wild speculation and hopeful thoughts from me at this point. I'm still looking forward to seeing what he can do, and I believe he has the ability to use the car in a good way.

At any rate, it's fantastic seeing Mercedes where they are now. Even so far the season is on an upward trend, and surely you don't gain half a second from the blown front wing duct.
Totally true. I'm ashamed to admit that I'm too (emotionally) invested in other drivers to actively root for Schuey, but I'll definitely be both impressed and happy if he wins. Especially if it's not a complete cakewalk and there's a good battle or two involved in his win/podium.

Omiee

I actually think Nico will do it this time, I pick Nico for pole unless its wet then I pick Checo.

good job!!

anyway missed it live will watch it now. Horrible qualy session for vettel. webber only 7th is disapointing.

seems rbr really dont have that qualy pace they had last year.

CiSTM

Banned
Schumacher, Rosberg, Räikkönen. Believe!
Rosberg has had some real troubles with his tires even on last time when the track was cool. So won't bet on him. Schumi probably will last longer with his tires but again I blame the car, they won't make it to top 3. Kobi will fuck up his race one way or other. Top 3 will be between Kimi and two McLaren drivers.

_machine

KK and Iceman on podium and I'm happy. Would really like to see Nico make it there too, but I think Schumi's going to rank higher than him and not on podium.

Good on Nico and Koby. Very interesting quali session again. Loving how close it is this year.

Beeb coverage was fucking great. Puts SKY to shame. I'll definitely be watching Sky for the commentary tomorrow though cos Ben Edwards gets on my tits.

Omiee hung himself yet?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
KK and Iceman on podium and I'm happy. Would really like to see Nico make it there too, but I think Schumi's going to rank higher than him and not on podium.

Ah, Old Dirty Bastard first, Koba second and Kimi third. That would be atomic :D

Ark

Hamilton is definitely on form to take a podium, the only thing that stops him will be an on-track mistake/blow up. Mercedes will be lucky to get a podium, Ferrari is lol, Sauber could get a podium if they're lucky, Button is an unknown right now, Vettel is lol, Webber & RBR don't really have qualy pace but we'll see in the race, top 5 for one of the RBR's at least and Kimi will be somewhere in the top 5 too.

Don't usually make predictions, expect all of those to be reversed tomorrow morning because that's what usually happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom