• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT| The Year of the...uh...Platypus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I agree with the commentators on Vettel here.

Sure, he's missed out on his chance to do a soft tyre run in practice... but those tyres haven't gone anywhere. He could still have a blast in one of the quali sessions if he really wanted to.

dubc35

Not sure I agree with the commentators on Vettel here.

Sure, he's missed out on his chance to do a soft tyre run in practice... but those tyres haven't gone anywhere. He could still have a blast in one of the quali sessions if he really wanted to.
Yeah, RB was all about qualy last year. Hulkenberg said in FP2 Vettel didn't use DRS at all while he was behind him. I think they're sandbagging.

e* go JB!

I'm so tired

untitled-21yjev.gif

untitled-324fbq.gif

Pterion

hey, look at the bright side. Possibly 4 different teams fighting for pole, rather than a RBR bore fest for pole 7 tenths faster than the next car.

So are both Marussia and HRT outside the 107% in this practice? Q1 is always slower than Q3 but I wonder if they have any speed to find to even meet 107% in Q1.

dubc35

Brundle is the only one on the broadcast with any knowledge of what is going on. I hope the others catch up.

I miss Brundle/DC already :(

Pterion

2 hours to go!
Powernap, or keep chatting on forums? hmmm, tough decisions...

Truth be told, I suspect it will once again be a RBR pole, but looks like Vettel will have more competition this year than Webber. lulz. It was quite a good time on hards that he did...

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Should be an exciting qualifying session. Can't quite pick the top pecking order yet.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
A dog, designed by Ferrari.

Going by how tail happy it is, it's an excitable puppy that doesn't do what it's owners tell it to do.

By a way of comparison, that makes the McLaren a well trained working dog, smooth, consistent and quick.

Anyway, aside from the variable that is RBR, this shown who is quick and who isn't really. McLaren are strong, Lotus are looking good and Mercedes aren't far behind either. Unless if they're sandbagging really well, Ferrari's car is their worst in about a decade.

Igo

Hold on a minute. WTF is Pastor doing up in 8th? I only caught the last 5 minutes of FP3 so can someone kindly explain this for me?

Pterion

Man, I never thought I'd see the day that I feel sorry for Fonzo and Ferrari. They surely will bounce back from this.

*meanwhile at maranello, TVs are being smashed as we speak*

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Hold on a minute. WTF is Pastor doing up in 8th? I only caught the last 5 minutes of FP3 so can someone kindly explain this for me?

My initial reaction to that: "Nah that can't be rig...OH MY GOD"

Where the fuck did that come from? Everyone was expecting Caterham to be faster than these guys and Maldonardo pulls a time only .8s slower than the best in P3? I'm confused.

Man, I never thought I'd see the day that I feel sorry for Fonzo and Ferrari. They surely will bounce back from this.

Me too. I like it when Ferrari are just slower than McLaren and RBR but this is just wrong. Come on guys, get the car at least sorted, for the good of the sport at least!

xptoxyz

Yeah, I'm not even the biggest Ferrari fan, but I expected and wanted them to still be in top group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom