• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT| The Year of the...uh...Platypus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANDY_098

If Lotus protest the result of qualifying and the system Mercedes are using is deemed illegal, what will happen?

I think they can be excluded from the results of the race if this happens. I doubt it will though, if Charlie Whiting says it is legal then it is.

Lotus will probably only be protesting so that they can learn more about the Mercedes system as they will have to explain how it works and why it is legal in court.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
Holy shit at sky red button options.

Main channel HD
Timing screen
On board Track Mix feed
Driver tracker feed
4 on board feeds

xptoxyz

The system only works when the driver activates the DRS. How could that not be considered driver-operated?

They could consider, driver operates DRS which in turn enables the duct to function. Some train of thought of that manner must've happened else it wouldn't have passed so far I think. I'm not saying I agree with one view or the other really, but if they let this one slide it would probably open dangerous precedent.

Fixed1979

Fucking A, here we go! I don't post in many sports threads but the start of the season is always exciting.

Let hope for a safe an excited year. Go McLaren!

Dilly

Banned
Ugh, I'm dying.

Also, what the fuck at those Ferrari timings? I'd build a faster car like that in my shed. And I don't even have a shed.

Hackbert

wuhu let´s do this...longtime F1 Follower ... new here.
Greetings from Germany.

I´m very excited to see what Brawn and the Mercs can do and if the Ferrari´s are really that akward

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
Surely driver movement is defined as anything not included in the normal control operations of the car such as the steering wheel and it's paddles, buttons and dials as well as the accelerator and brake.

It was to stop dangerous extraneous movement that could compromise driver safety/reactions.

untitled-96oume.gif

untitled-836u1n.gif

Dilly

Banned
HRT looks even more terrible than last year. Someone like Narain shouldn't be in an F1 car for 2 consecutive years.

Tegris

Well we've got Edwards and Coulthard commentating here this year. I would have preferred Croft and Brundle though.

McLaren are looking pretty quick, but the field seems incredibly even this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom