• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT| The Year of the...uh...Platypus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leunam

LOL, busted. Still don't buy it. Miscalulation on fuel?

Absolutely. Last year at China I think it was, Rosberg, who was having a good race, had to go into fuel saving mode. Brawn was asked about it afterwards and said simply "We didn't put enough fuel in." I believe it if Whitmarsh says it.

Sky should use this feed!

Jessica cam!

EDIT: In all seriousness, what feed is this - it has so much radio and race control message and everything

no idea, my friend sent me this link

untitled-36ikex.gif

I actually missed a few moments yesterday, bloody internet connection was failing on me. Got it sorted out now so should be fine for the next race weekend.

I watched some of the BBC race highlights, didn't like the commentary at all. Martin Brundle and David Croft were much better.

Sunhil! Can you do a .GIF on Schumi's face reaction? can't remember after which incedent he did it, but it was the only one

EDIT: sorry I didn't say please .. I did say please in my first request few pages back though :p

AndyD

aka andydumi
Good race. Enjoyed it. Too bad Caterhams went out, I had them in my racemanager team. But not too bad midpack after one race.

f0rk

Should be an interesting championship this year, from what happened today we could see some shock results. I hope Mclaren don't dominate though.

Funny how Williams were about to get more points than the whole of last season until the last lap. Describes the shack up of teams quite well.

Omiee

what a race!!

Some thoughts on the race.

thoughts on the race.

love the fact that we get to see much more of the rbr.
rbr is def not the same car as last year, seems to me mclaren are in the same place rbr were last year.
alonso manages to get much more out of that ferrari than massa can, its amazing how competitive he is with a uncompetitive car.
not buyin mclaren were on their fuel saving mode, they were pushing all race long. hamilton got a team radio at lap 9 telling him his pace is good and he is pulling away from the other cars, no way was that a sign of them racing in fuel saving mode.
was amazing to see shumi and vettel racing each other.
were did williams get that race pace from, my most improved team so far? they were racing ferrari, sauber as well. seems like the midfield battle will be amazing this year.
loved raikonnens race, that renault is pretty fast.
the fight between rosber webber and maldonado was awesome.
vettel got lucky with that safety car, i still think he would eventually have overtaken hamilton.
love the fact that we went back to the old rule of lapped cars can unlap them selves
vettel was saving fuel as well, he only got the nod at lap 41 where rocky said he could use the fuel.

to be honest i really enjoy seeing vettel try to fight his way to the podium.

red bull really have to step their game up though, mclaren are mad fast.

what a race!!

Some thoughts on the race.

to be honest i really enjoy seeing vettel try to fight his way to the podium.

red bull really have to step their game up though, mclaren are mad fast.

Not just Rebbull, we don't want this to be a 2 teams race. I'm hoping the McLaren doesn't improve much and the other teams catch up altogether .. would be nice to see a different order for every weekend depending on the track's characteristics

Omiee

i think its between red bull and mclaren for the win with ferrari mercedes and lotus fighting each other for points.

I really hope not. Worst case I'd like for it to change mid-season, with Ferrari/Mercedes taking the lead.. I'd love for Lotus to be up there in the mix, but I can't see them keeping up

Ark

I really hope not. Worst case I'd like for it to change mid-season, with Ferrari/Mercedes taking the lead.. I'd love for Lotus to be up there in the mix, but I can't see them keeping up

We aren't about to get another 2010 any time soon. 2007 is the best you can hope for.

Adamm

1.6 million watched the bbc highlights. Do we have any viewing numbers from sky?

I'm assuming it will be much less

Edit: this is qualifying not the actual race

We aren't about to get another 2010 any time soon. 2007 is the best you can hope for.

well. 2008 had many more winners and many more teams reaching the podium. So I'd settle for 2008, happily :)

EDIT: unless you're talking about the WDC, then 2007 all the way ;)

Omiee

i think most of the excitment this year will be coming from the mid field battle.

sauber torro rosso and force india seem to all have a nice car, williams def stepped their game up.

cant believe the next race is just in a few days

1.6 million watched the bbc highlights. Do we have any viewing numbers from sky?

I'm assuming it will be much less

BBC 2 qualifying highlights, matching the peak live audience of 2011, I wonder how that compares to the 2011 BBC 1 re-run?

Found the figures:

Australian Grand Prix - Ratings Roundup

Qualifying - 2.08 million (0.38m + 1.70m)
Race - 4.56 million (0.81m + 3.75m)

Qualifying - 3.33 million (0.80m + 2.53m)
Race - 4.98 million (2.13m + 2.85m)

Qualifying - 2.74 million (0.81m + 1.93m)
Race - 4.51 million (1.95m + 2.56m)

Qualifying:

Live - 1.08m (45.7%)
Re-Run - 1.96m (20.8%)

Total = 3.04 million

Race:

Live - 2.13m (51.1%)
Re-Run - 2.02m (20.0%)

Total = 4.15 million

i think most of the excitment this year will be coming from the mid field battle.

sauber torro rosso and force india seem to all have a nice car, williams def stepped their game up.

cant believe the next race is just in a few days

I'm so glad the season starts with back to back races. Once it starts you don't want it to stop. Formula 1 is back.

Re-watching the race, there was some nice moves I missed watching it live, it'll be nice to see Vettel battling it out with the rest of the pack this year.

untitled-2qty2t.gif

Omiee

I'm so glad the season starts with back to back races. Once it starts you don't want it to stop. Formula 1 is back.

Re-watching the race, there was some nice moves I missed watching it live, it'll be nice to see Vettel battling it out with the rest of the pack this year.

untitled-2qty2t.gif

yeah def, i really dont mind vettel starting from 2nd or 3rd row at all this year if it means i will be able to see more of him on tv and some nice over takes like the one he pulled on rosberg.

Been working all day, I've had a blanket ban on Facebook, twitter, tv and radio and managed to avoid the result all day, just finished the race now.

GET INNNNNNN, so happy for JB, next stop the championship.

Good to see massa struggling, I'm really not a fan of his at all. On the other end of the scale, sad to see senna out, however the Williams looks like a strong car this year so hopefully he can get some good results in the rest of the season.

F1 baby.......love it.

Anyone suggest a way of watching the iplayer highlights on my TV without it looking like shit? Doing it through my tivo box (virgin) and it's nothing but compression artifacts as soon as things start moving quickly... which as you might guess is bad news for F1.

Adamm

Anyone suggest a way of watching the iplayer highlights on my TV without it looking like shit? Doing it through my tivo box (virgin) and it's nothing but compression artifacts as soon as things start moving quickly... which as you might guess is bad news for F1.

I don't suppose you have a ps3? :p

If you have a laptop you can hook it up to the T.V using the HDMI connection.

PS3 iPlayer was just spinning around doing nothing each time I've tried it for Today's F1 on any quality. Other programmes are working fine. Anyone else?

I guess that's probably the best best, at least while this PS3 one is falling over for me.

I wonder when it'll be up in HD. If at all.

I don't think the iplayer has the Formula 1 weekends in HD. In 2011 when I wanted to check the highlights they never had an HD option.

For the PS3 iplayer, have you tried clearing you cache first. Usually don't have a problem with the PS3 iplayer and when I do clearing the cache usually clears it up.

Shaneus

untitled-36ikex.gif

I actually missed a few moments yesterday, bloody internet connection was failing on me. Got it sorted out now so should be fine for the next race weekend.
We need to find a way to inject audio into the GIF format, because this clearly needs the Benny Hill music.

We're already on 3.3k posts. That's pretty damn impressive.
I haven't gone through the posts made during the race, was there the usual amount of blow-in trolls and fanboys?

lol, this is hilarious. Tried to install iplayer desktop on my laptop and that's not working either. Shows up in the task manager but no window available. The browser version is just as bad as the Tivo version. FFS.

Omiee

Edmond Dantès;36148591 said:
Over 3000 posts already, da fuck?

We'll be a sticky soon.

i think the fact we really have a battle this year will make this thread far more popular than last year.

AndyD

aka andydumi
It strikes me that the chances of that happening *this* season are pretty low. Well, unless Massa's being lapped.
I agree. Massa is really weak, but he may have a runin with Lewis, just for us.

Massa had no pace today. Alonso was great, so he will have a chance at the title for himself, but with Massa, Ferari's chances at a DWC are near zero.

I think we have McL, RBR and Mercedes at the top, then Lotus, Ferrari, then Sauber, STR and Williams, then the rest.

I also do love we have two back to back races right up front. It should give us a very good idea of how the rest of the season will play out in terms of performance.

AcridMeat

Banned
Just got home from watching it, great race I thought. Too bad for the Caterhams, Grosjean Maldanardo and Senna. Oh and Britney and Schumi too.

Hamilton was soooo gutted, the man looked like his dog died. I know everyone is saying he's changed but he needs to be happy with where the team is, not being dominated by RBR. I know that race basically went all Jenson and all bad for him, can't believe that safety car bought Vettel 2nd.

Massa...what else can we say at this point. Guy needs to go away for a while.

Oh and KOBAYASHI AND KIMI!!! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom