• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT| The Year of the...uh...Platypus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xptoxyz

Haha. My inebriated take on this is that the PIT tire means something like a special 'pit practice tire', or something like that. Seems like it fell off right away. Haha.

I don't know what the label on the tyres is for, but I think the tyre was the correct one so it probably just means "use this one." I just caught that at the end of Sky Quali., the real issue seems to have been giving the go ahead to released and the wheel wasn't properly on. It rolled off and the team got 1500 € fine from what I could gather.

AcridMeat

Banned
Looks like the gun malfunctioned. He thought the nut was properly placed back on, so he said okay, noticed the nut wasn't on the wheel and tried to stop it.

Meanwhile the tool was having the best time of its life.

Not sure if I should assume my phone will update its time properly (and as such I should set the alarm for the proper time), or if I should set it an hour earlier just in case. I need the sleep, but I'll punch a kitten if I miss the start of the race.

Shaneus

If people have the opportunity, they should definitely check out the full official F1 timing app. I'm currently... "evaluating"... the full one ($30 on an unproven product? Nice try, Bernie) and it's actually surprisingly fucking good. Full rotatable/scalable track map with each driver, live timing "replays" (for instance, I can watch qualifying as it happened on the app in realtime), typed updates (like radio info, news flashes etc.) and reminders for when races are on.

This is on iPhone, but I'd imagine the iPad one would be even awesomer owing to the big screen to spin Sepang around via your index finger with.

Xelios092

If people have the opportunity, they should definitely check out the full official F1 timing app. I'm currently... "evaluating"... the full one ($30 on an unproven product? Nice try, Bernie) and it's actually surprisingly fucking good. Full rotatable/scalable track map with each driver, live timing "replays" (for instance, I can watch qualifying as it happened on the app in realtime), typed updates (like radio info, news flashes etc.) and reminders for when races are on.

This is on iPhone, but I'd imagine the iPad one would be even awesomer owing to the big screen to spin Sepang around via your index finger with.

Have the same one on my Android phone. It really is done well. There are some errors here and there during the typed messages, but hey, what can ya do about it. Looks good enough for me on my phone, but yeah, like you said, probably way better on a tablet. The rotatable track is a really nice touch as well, it's easy to lose a driver once he comes up on traffic.

Shaneus

Have the same one on my Android phone. It really is done well. There are some errors here and there during the typed messages, but hey, what can ya do about it. Looks good enough for me on my phone, but yeah, like you said, probably way better on a tablet. The rotatable track is a really nice touch as well, it's easy to lose a driver once he comes up on traffic.
Yeah, it's not bad. Following drivers is kinda cool, too. But again... $30? Damn expensive considering that, even though far more basic, last year's was completely free.

Xelios092

Yeah, it's not bad. Following drivers is kinda cool, too. But again... $30? Damn expensive considering that, even though far more basic, last year's was completely free.

Agreed, I can't see myself paying 30 dollars for it. That's far too much. 5 is pretty reasonable for it.

I've "evaluated" the 2011 one last year, and it wasn't accurate especially on the car positioning on the map.

Has that been rectified?

Shaneus

I've "evaluated" the 2011 one last year, and it wasn't accurate especially on the car positioning on the map.

Has that been rectified?
Oh, was there a proper map one last year? I only knew of the basic timing one. But going by the qualis from yesterday and the TV broadcast (in AU, so they're no doubt a few secs off anyway) it seemed alright. But that was just following one driver at a time. Didn't cross-check several drivers on the track at once to verify. Will tonight, though.

Did the 2011 one have the ability to "replay" the sessions?

Oh, was there a proper map one last year? I only knew of the basic timing one. But going by the qualis from yesterday and the TV broadcast (in AU, so they're no doubt a few secs off anyway) it seemed alright. But that was just following one driver at a time. Didn't cross-check several drivers on the track at once to verify. Will tonight, though.

Did the 2011 one have the ability to "replay" the sessions?

I don't think so. The whole thing looked awesome, but it didn't function well. even the timing screen wasn't as good as the web based one. but definitely better than the free-app that used to be available.

updated 20min ago

i9HcrgCfysNWj.PNG

Mobius 1

Seconded, the app is nice and informative. It will be a great companion in November to watch the race in the circuit.

Addnan

Almost went back to sleep, nearly forgot the clocks changed!

Predictions: Schumacher to lead at the end of the first lap, Kimi to jump 4 places.
Then go onto win the race :p? Love you Kimi <3

Kimi and Schumi 1,2.

Up and waiting for the Fernando-Kimi battle in the first corner.

Which obviously Kimi will win, without an effort.. pffffffttttt

Almost went back to sleep, nearly forgot the clocks changed!

Predictions: Schumacher to lead at the end of the first lap, Kimi to jump 4 places.
Then go onto win the race :p? Love you Kimi <3

Kimi and Schumi 1,2.

He'll win it don't worry.. we need some rain in the right time that's all :D

dantehemi

Just got home from a party... 330am Toronto time... Not sure if I can make it to watch the race!!! And the best part is, I'm comfy in my nice warm bed and I'm too lazy to run to the basement to set the PVR.,, what's a guy to do :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom